Any plans for a new-years resolution?

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Post by Flack »

I got up at 6am today (Sunday) to record a podcast so things are still going great.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

DAY FIVE UPDATE (12:55 PM)
-------------------------------

1. No yahoo.com. WENT THERE A COUPLE TIMES. I MAY HAVE TO GIVE THIS ONE BACK, BECAUSE EVEN IMPORTANT STUFF LIKE THE NHL LOCKOUT ENDING, I'M MISSING. MAYBE I'LL CHANGE THIS TO: NO READING YAHOO.COM COMMENTS.
2. No caltrops.com. CHECK
3. No hard liquor. CHECK
4. Lose 60 pounds. STILL EATING RELATIVELY LIGHT. STOPPED WALKING. NOT TOTALLY FAILING YET
5. Take overall better care of myself, like to the level a nine year old has already mastered. CHECK
6. Keep 4xgamer going. TWO EPIC ARTICLES + DAILY UPDATES + RECORD VISITOR COUNT = YEAAAAAH
7. No facebook.com. CHECK EXCEPT FOR OUT OF NECESSITY WHEN IT BENEFITS 4XGAMER
8. Get back to Gold once HotS is released. PENDING
9. Learn a little more about what the fuck it is I actually do for a living. LEARNED NOTHING SO FAR
10. Don Rogers. FAIL!!

DAY FIVE GRADE: B
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Is there a Chrome or Firefox script to hide Yahoo comments? That might work.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

OK, the "no negativity" one is either off my list or modified to mean, "No negativity, except for lambasting assholes over the Internet." I know I am too old to be sending ASCII dicks to people, but I love it.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Let's see. Two weeks in and I have failed at all of them except not spending money on arcade projects.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Writing More : No.

Program More : No.

More Swimming : Yes! I actually did this twice. I got sick today otherwise I would have gone today. I am going to go on Monday, which is the day off.

Girls Are Gonna Be Fun Again : No.

No More Hate-Reading : True, haven't hate-read. Had to use my HOSTS file at work to block a Blue Jays site I read written by a fat hipster I dislike. That has successfully carried over to me not reading it at home. I've been getting my Jays news elsewhere, without rolling my eyes at the author.

No More Negativity: True. I hadda take care of some stuff to ensure long-range success in 2013, but that's complete now.

No More Spending All My Money On Arcade Projects : True. No money on arcade stuff yet.

I'm Getting My Teeth Whitened : Not yet.

Better than I thought, but I wasted a lot of time this week. This upcoming week I will focus on writing more, programming more and swimming every day.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Flack wrote:01. No Sugar (Cereal, Snacks, Desserts)
02. Limit drinks to: Water (Plain/Flavor), Black Coffee, Unsweet Ice Tea.
03. Exercise: 30 minutes a day/5 days a week.
I haven't had any processed sugar in 2013. I haven't had any drinks with calories in them except for a few hard lemonades. I have not been exercising 5 days a week. I have only been exercising 2 days a week. So far this month I am down 10 pounds.
Flack wrote:01. One hour of writing every morning before work..
02. One picture posted, every day.
03. One podcast weekly (Sunday Morning)
I am writing every morning. I am a couple of days behind on my picture project, but otherwise I'm doing good. I have recorded a podcast every Sunday so far this year. Let's call this section good.
Flack wrote:01. Wear my seatbelt.
02. Digitize one thing daily (DVD, VHS, or Book). Throw the thing away.
03. Clean out the garage enough so Susan can park in there.
I have started wearing my seatbelt. I am behind on digitizing things. I made some progress on cleaning the garage last weekend, but not enough to park a car in it. This section needs some work.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Program More : No.
More Swimming : No.

Girls Are Gonna Be Fun Again : Yes! This one has been SOLVED.

No More Hate-Reading : No. Told people they were craven dickheads at a Saints site.

No More Negativity: No. I complained about stuff in IRC all week.

No More Spending All My Money On Arcade Projects : True. No money on arcade stuff yet.

OK, one month is down, almost, and I did HORRIBLY. I am a horrible person.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I've failed at all of mine.

FAIL
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Don Rogers is back! Hey, that's a positive. Right? RIGHT!

These resolutions are not things that can be done cold turkey. Most of them are habits that must be slowly evolved, not just: Bang! Life change! ( I wish it was that easy).

I read someplace that the best way to start exercising is to carve out a slice of time and do nothing else during that period. Don't even exercise for the first two weeks. Just stand there on the treadmill or whatever, but do nothing else. This is harder than it sounds, believe me. It feels like you're wasting time but in reality you're setting up a habit so you go back to it regularly. The hardest part is trying not to fool yourself and say you're too tired tonight, you'll do it tomorrow (this I do regularly, so I guess that's also a habit.)

Anyway, it's what I read. I wonder if it was in The Readers Digest.

THE
CONDENSED
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

I've subscribed to probably a dozen new podcasts over the past week or so. Right now I don't have time to listen to them at work and with kids and a wife it's almost impossible to listen to them in the evenings, so walking on the treadmill is "my" time. With a pair of headphones, I can walk for however long it takes me to listen to a single episode. I am not looking forward to the exercise yet but I am looking forward to that little block of time.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Program More : YES! I got a lot done in the game this week.

More Swimming : No.

Girls Are Gonna Be Fun Again : Yes! This one has been SOLVED.

No More Hate-Reading : Yes.

No More Negativity: No. I don't know what's wrong with me.

So this was a better week but I am really losing out on a rich 2013. I can't believe one month is already over. For a website where everyone is leading a miserable existence, the time sure does fly by quickly.

Ice Cream Jonsey

OK, time to see how I did this year!

Writing More: Absolutely not. I didn't write anything this year.

Programming More: YES! I absolutely DID do this. I have the engine for Cyberganked finished. So this was a success.

More Swimming : No. I haven't been to the gym in months and I've gained 15 pounds in the last three weeks.

Girls Are Gonna Be Fun Again : Yes. I got back with Melissa and I have started the process of moving in with her. So this was a success.

No More Hate-Reading : Yes! Right now, the only person left that I hate-read is Bill Simmons's weekly column over at Grantland. He has somehow morphed into an even more disgusting person, wholly without value. I had a run of trolling children on imgur for a while, but I've even stopped that. I think I *have* stopped hate-reading. This is great.

No More Mister Fists In Eyes Waaargh: I don't remember what this was supposed to be. So I guess I nailed it?

No More Spending All My Money On Arcade Projects : Well, no. I spent more this year than in all the previous years, 2000-2012 combined. So I fucked this up.

I'm Getting My Teeth Whitened : I didn't do this, but my dentist actually sent over some info on a process I want to try.

Overall, I had ... frankly, more successes than I thought I would. I'll make a new resolution thread in a couple weeks for 2014. I've got some doozies.

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

I think I've fulfilled most resolutions, I prefer to try to do them as I think of them waiting for New Years is just asking for failure.
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

lethargic

Post by lethargic »

My resolution for 2014 is TO FUCK SHIT UP!!!!!!!!

Jizaboz

Re:

Post by Jizaboz »

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:28 pm 1. Clean out the "back room" to make room for Bosconian.
2. Cut down on cigarettes, buy an e-cig
3. Finish another IF or 2
I did all 3 but it took me 7 fucking years lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻