IS THE MODERATOR GOING TO DO HIS JOB?

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Base Monitor

IS THE MODERATOR GOING TO DO HIS JOB?

Post by Base Monitor »

THIS BASE IS IN DISARRAY ONLY A FEW SHORT DAYS AFTER A NEW MODERATOR WAS APPOINTED. SHOULD THAT APPOINTMENT BE RECONSIDERED, OR IS THE MODERATOR GOING TO TAKE ACTION TO RETURN ORDER TO THIS ONCE PROUD BASE?

n/t

Tiny Telephone

Post by Tiny Telephone »

Hello, Southern Reality.

YEAH THIS PLACE IS TURNING INTO A FUCKHOLE!

Come again?

But c'mon, Gerrit single-handedly split the thread liker was destroying and he gave us the HORUS P TRUTHTELLER story. That is his permanent Jolt Country GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card. Good-bye.

Hello? Hello?

Base Monitor

Post by Base Monitor »

OKAY IF YOU JUST WANT TO LET PEOPLE TURN THE PLACE INTO A FESTERING SEWER BECAUSE THEY POSTED SOMETHING FUNNY ONCE THAT IS THE SYSADMINS CALL I GUESS.

n/t

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Thanks, Tiny Telephone.

BM, I don't feel as though liker is really causing much trouble. His posts have been split from the original old survivor thread and relocated over at the Non-Existent Game Survivor. True, he just started another thread, but as long as he stays confined to those two locations, then I don't see why we have to come to fisticuffs over the matter.

~Commandant ChainGangGuy

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Why not just do a free-form and say the hell with it? keeping on track in this place is about as easy as bisecting a sneeze. Besides, I like the free association that goes on. even if subject posted has nothing to do with the actual content. Not like the library of congress is gonna try and catolouge anything us wisenheimers post. I sure hope people dont come here looking for tech help (at least not people who don't understand the whole concept of Jolt Country)

"Hello, my name is Norman Nermal. I am having problems with my computer..."

"Tell your girlfriend not to talk with her mouth full!"

"Don't chew your nails, either!"

"Make sure your boss pays you on a regular basis!"

THE
I GET IT HERE
AARDVARK

Base Monitor

Post by Base Monitor »

SO THE BASE MODERATOR IS NOT GOING TO DO HIS JOB. THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE TELLING BASE MONITOR. THE BASE HAS A MODERATOR THAT REFUSES TO DO HIS JOB.

I GUESS THATS FINE.

OH JUST ONE MORE THING.

I DECLARE THIS BASE DEAD.

n/t

base patron

Post by base patron »

i guess that means that at least the base monitor is doing his job, right?

Forum Buddhist

Post by Forum Buddhist »

He moderates by not moderating. Moderating is something that should be done only in moderation.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Just what does a Base moderator DO anyway?

After all, Arent we all base moderators deep inside?

THE
FORTUNE COOKIE
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

AArdvark wrote:
"Hello, my name is Norman Nermal. I am having problems with my computer..."

"Tell your girlfriend not to talk with her mouth full!"

"Don't chew your nails, either!"

"Make sure your boss pays you on a regular basis!"
We should start a topic (or actually, append to this one) the "Top 5 Things I Learned From Jolt Country." Certainly those three. But also:

"Ernie Els is a joke. Like a leaky colostomy bag that everyone notices except the owner."

"The only thing worse than a cold war with a bunch of Russians is living with them."

"The single mitigating factor in determining whether anyone will like you on the Internet is whether or not you use capital letters, periods, and words that make up a questioning statement rather than just '???'."
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Debaser

Post by Debaser »

How about:

In that hit mid-century epic of pre-Nirvana angst known as The Catcher in the Rye, whiny ant-ihero Holden Caulfield insisted that most everyone he met was phony. Turns out he was right.

D&D games are generally improved by the inclusion of humongous minotaur phalli.

Todd McFarlane is a deeply disturbed individual, but no more so than the rest of us in all likelihood.

Post by Guest »

Take board moderation and stick it up your ass bitch!

http://www.nessman.net/handyass.jpg

Don't be an asshole, you fucking cunt, Ness. Jesus Fucking Christ.

nessman

Post by nessman »

CENSORED!
Last edited by nessman on Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt

Ice Cream Jonsey

Hey!

Asshole!

Post that again and I WILL ban you. Obviously I don't care what goes on in the Troll Room, but if you're going to turn my BBS into something that's not work safe and you think I am going to follow you around and hee hee hee after this shit like Jeff does then fucking think again.

nessman

Post by nessman »

Hee hee hee!!

:twisted:
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt

Base Monitor

Post by Base Monitor »

PERHAPS IF THE BASE MODERATOR WAS DOING HIS JOB THIS SORT OF THING WOULDNT HAPPEN.

n/t

Ice Cream Jonsey

I know you're just being a dick to get me riled up, but do be aware that there is an active and vibrant community installed here and they expect to be able to browse 10 of the 11 bases (or however many there are) without surprises like, say, some bitch stuffing her entire hand down her gash.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Edited to add: don't start with me, BM.

nessman

Post by nessman »

Acknowledged. Out.

Base Monitor

Post by Base Monitor »

OKAY BUT LETS SAY YOU ARE THE MANAGER OF A BASEBALL TEAM AND YOU ASSIGN A NEW GUY TO BE IN LEFT FIELD. AND PEOPLE KEEP HITTING BALLS TO LEFT FIELD AND HE CONTINUES TO MISJUDGE BOBBLE DROP OR EVEN JUST IGNORE THE BALLS ARE YOU GOING TO LEAVE HIM IN THE BALLGAME?

THAT LEFT FIELDER IS THE MODERATOR OF THIS BASE AND THIS BASE IS THE BALLGAME AND HE IS HURTING YOUR TEAM WITH HIS NEGLECTFUL BEHAVIOR.

n/t