IS THE MODERATOR GOING TO DO HIS JOB?

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

First of all, Nessman knows that I would not really ban him. I have known him for years, for Christ's sake.

Secondly, no, I would not change the left fielder in your example. What I would do is get my radio set to the talk radio stations, tap into their systems, and then run a reverse lookup for everyone who blasted my left fielder. Why would I do this? Because the left fielder in question has brought more COMEDY - I mean, is such a great batter - that his suspect fielding doesn't matter. So I would instead beat the shit out of all the callers who are asking for his head.

Sort of like how you are.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Base Monitor

Post by Base Monitor »

HEY IT IS NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE IF YOU ARE DETERMINED TO LET THIS PLACE GO DOWNHILL BY ENTRUSTING IT TO THE CARE OF APPARENTLY UNDEDICATED UNPROFESSIONAL MODERATORS.

I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT THE MODERATOR HAS NOT ONLY NOT BEEN MODERATING BUT HE HAS NOT EVEN PUT THE EFFORT IN TO VISIT THIS BASE ON A REGULAR BASIS ON COMMENT ON THESE PROCEEDINGS.

n/t

Ice Cream Jonsey

Base Monitor wrote:I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT THE MODERATOR HAS NOT ONLY NOT BEEN MODERATING BUT HE HAS NOT EVEN PUT THE EFFORT IN TO VISIT THIS BASE ON A REGULAR BASIS ON COMMENT ON THESE PROCEEDINGS.

n/t
Look, for all I know you are him.

I was thinking of making a base where we really thrash out the major issues plaguing society. One per week, all topics locked after a week. The "winner" is determined by not the beauty of the argument, but by the amount of effort expunged by a single side. Gimmicks, trolls and Photoshops would all contribute to this as well.

But, we'd need a moderator. And it would require a lot more effort than I can give --

Wait, why the fuck am I talking to you?! You're not even real!

n/t

chris

Post by chris »

Base Monitor wrote:OKAY BUT LETS SAY YOU ARE THE MANAGER OF A BASEBALL TEAM AND YOU ASSIGN A NEW GUY TO BE IN LEFT FIELD. AND PEOPLE KEEP HITTING BALLS TO LEFT FIELD AND HE CONTINUES TO MISJUDGE BOBBLE DROP OR EVEN JUST IGNORE THE BALLS ARE YOU GOING TO LEAVE HIM IN THE BALLGAME?
No, I'd ask Mr. Knoblauch to sit down. :smile:

And why is the text light grey on white when I type something in?

Ice Cream Jonsey

It should be light gray on very dark grey.

Is there anybody else seeing light gray text on white for the message input box?

nessman

Post by nessman »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Is there anybody else seeing light gray text on white for the message input box?
Yup - I am... IE v5.0
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt