Hackerspaces

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Hackerspaces

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

OK, so here is my issue: my girlfriend is very supportive of my arcade-cabinet-buying-hobby. But at the same time she'd love it if half of them went off a cliff and we bought a house together.

So!

SO.

So. OK, get this. She said, "But you can't ever get rid of Q*bert, Ms. Pac-man and Hamburger Man." BurgerTime became HAMBURGER MAN. (And BurgerTime is in the 48-in-1.) But that's a "get out of jail free" card if she ever did anything I disapproved of.

Where .... God, I thought temp banning Tdarcos would solve a lot of these post problems.

... Hurrrnngh, anyway. When jscott visited this weekend he told me about HACKER SPACES.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Looks like there's some overlap between "hacker spaces" and "co-working," which is basically renting a place to work on your projects for cheap. I looked into Milwaukee's offerings the other year. Especially inspired by Jim Munroe's Time Management for Anarchists comic ( http://www.mebook.eu/index.php?title=Th ... _Mark_Ngui ), I was on a kick to find local geeky and creative people who might help stoke my IF development momentum.

I never did actually visit the local place, but it's still a neat idea.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I already told you my wife's response. "You've got a three car garage full of shit out there, and now you want to rent space somewhere else to hang out with a bunch of people you don't know? Fat chance."

(Not exactly what she said, but pretty much what I heard.)

All this stuff gets harder to justify once you get a wife and kids. "So honey, for only a hundred bucks a month I can get this place across town where I can hang out with cool people away from you and the kids."
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Roody_Yogurt wrote:I never did actually visit the local place, but it's still a neat idea.
Co-working also sounds fun. But so does the idea of me taking a day off work and then going to a co-work place to make games. While the rest of those bastards work at their jobs! Oh how they ache and arch!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!