"Epic" games for the Commodore 64

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I think you gotta go with a colon.

Commodore 64: 32 Great Games, 32 Pieces of Shit
Commodore 64: 32 Classics, 32 Bags of Shit
:Shit
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I think if you go with a colon, the shit just comes with it!

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Jack Tramiel, the founder of Commodore, died on Sunday.

So now I'm thinking about calling the book "Games so bad they killed Jack Tramiel."
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

This is me waffling again. It seems that I spend so much time in 64 Forever, arraigning the disc images in just the right configuration, that I hardly ever PLAY the games, which was the original goal. I have hundreds of titles now, (something that was impossible in 1988) and all I seem to do is add screenshots or fill in publisher data or fix the spelling, crap like that. Dammit! These are not baseball cards, these are games. They should be played.
So anyway, I threw all the discs in one big folder (none of that alphabetized by folder stuff for me) and renamed the titles that needed it, and there I go. Just like the old days.
No screenshots, just a name on a label.

THE
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Flack wrote:Jack Tramiel, the founder of Commodore, died on Sunday.

So now I'm thinking about calling the book "Games so bad they killed Jack Tramiel."
This is the best would-be title so far.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I was going to make a few of these for you, but this first one turned out horribly.

[youtube][/youtube]

This was played via emulation, with the video being captured by Camtasia.

The video capture worked well. Although there's some slight blurring, it essentially looks accurate -- or accurate enough for a YouTube video.

The audio ... well, there's two issues. The first is, because I was just improvising, there are a ton of "ums" and "uhs" and pauses that make it sound terrible. On the next one I might play the game first and then overdub my commentary track over the top of it afterwards. My brain's not so good at the multitasking.

The second issue is, I was playing the game using the keyboard, and my microphone is sitting on my desk right next to the keyboard, so the mic picked up all the thuds from the keyboard as I was banging away on the keys. I didn't even think about that. On the next one, I will either relocate the mic, or play using a joystick.

This has been only a test.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:I think if you go with a colon, the shit just comes with it!

ROFL!
But I've found one that trumps your Buzz Killington skit:

TV Tropes talks about movies or other media that so many titles in the title that have multiple qualifiers separated by colons that they have a name for it: Colon Cancer

----
The full name of my second book is In the Matter of: Instrument of God and the name of my first book is In the Matter of: The Gatekeeper: The Gate Contracts. The sequel to that book is In the Matter of: The Gatekeeper: The Gatekeeper Admits
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak