More customer service fun EA SPORTS

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Knuckles the CLown

More customer service fun EA SPORTS

Post by Knuckles the CLown »

Here is the deal. Me and 31 other people want to reboot our on-line Madden Football franchise. Each one of us has shelled out $60 for the game, $10/month for Xbox live. And if you bought the game used you have to PAY EA for an on-line access code.

I bought the game new. Pay my gold subscription etc.

Anyhow EA goes and updates it's rosters for the NFL teams each week. You know makes Tim Tebow better, adds guys not on the preseason roster etc. makes guys who suck as the year goes on worse. So if me and Robb wanted to play a quick match on line against each other, the latest Seahawks and Saints rosters would be on there.

Once you start an off-line franchise the rosters are set. They don't update based on EA's changes. But you can edit players all you want. And if you want you can start a new franchise download the latest roster and start from there.

HOWEVER!!!!!!

They only update the on-line franchise rosters 2 or three times a year. So my friends wanted to start a new franchise to get us through till next game and the on-line franchise rosters don't have any of the trades that went through, is missing about 40 players and guys like Tebow and Cam Newton still suck. The last update was done in early October.

You aren't allowed to edit players, nor as a commisioner create or simply make trades for other teams (ie Brandon Lloyd would have to be manualy dropped or traded to the Rams.)

So they take the time to do ALL these roster updates for off-line and on-line but for some fucked up reason they can't copy them over for On-line franchise.

So you think they would tell us when the update is coming out? Of course not. Think you could call someone... nope, oh hey EA Sports gamer help, lets click that box, live on-line customer service is always the best!
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Knuckles the CLown

You are now ready to chat with Prabhat.000
Prabhat: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Prabhat how may I help you?

you: hello

you: me and my friends are starting a new on-line franchise today

Prabhat: Okay.

you: i have the latest on-line rosters

you: when we set the league up however it goes back to the original rosters from September not the newest

Prabhat: I am sorry to know about the issue you are experiencing.
Prabhat: It would be my pleasure to assist you with your issue.
Prabhat: May I know the gamertag and the linked EA account e-mail address?

you: knucklesdaclown
you: mksh21@yahoo.com

Prabhat: Thanks.
Prabhat: May I know your first and last name?

you: Michael Sherwin

Prabhat: Thanks.

you: your forums aren't working either, i have veified my email adress three times and it still says im unverified

Prabhat: No worries.
Prabhat: We have few of the troubleshooting steps which can help fix the issue for you. Let's try them.

you: ok
you: hello?!?!?!

Prabhat: Our tools are working slow at the moment.
Prabhat: I apologize for the delay.
Prabhat: Let’s first try to clear your console cache, this can sometimes cause issues with game. To remove these files, follow the steps mentioned at the below given link:

Prabhat: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971755

you: whoa whoah whoa
you: are you even listening to me?
you: the problem is with you guys not my xbox

Prabhat: Yes, I am and would appreciate if you could give a try to the suggested steps.
you: ok do you understand what im asking though?

Prabhat: Yes, your new roster is not uploading for the league.
you: no your guys roster is not updating,

Prabhat: I understand and would appreciate if you could give a try to the suggested steps. These steps have worked for most of our customers facing similar issues.

you: ok
you: ok i did what you asked
you: cached cleared

There may be a problem communicating with Prabhat. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another EA Expert.
You are now ready to chat with Arun.

you: hi Arun

Arun: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Arun how may I help you?

you: ok in the madden football game
you: you guys do a roster update all the time
you: it updates the players throughout the year
you: I have the latest update on my xbox

Arun: Could you please be more specific about the issue?

you: im trying to
you: the latest rosters are on-line and off line but when you start an on-line franchise it sticks you with an old roster

Arun: There are two ways to update your online rosters for Madden 12.
Arun: Play an online game. This will cause the server to check your online roster, making sure that it is the most up to date.
Arun: 2 Choose Xbox Live or Play Online (PS3), select Madden NFL Online, select the Roster and Tuning option, and scroll down to the update roster option.

you: i have the latest roster
you: i can play on-line with it
you: its when I start an on-line franchise, it doesnt have the latest roster

Arun: Roster Updates within Madden NFL 12 on the Xbox 360 require an Xbox Gold Account. Without an active subscription to Xbox Live, the roster update feature will not be available.

you: i have a gold account

Arun: Okay,Please wait for a moment.

you: do you understand the problem. You are not letting people use the latest roster update for on-line franchise

Arun: May I know the EA account email id associated with the game?

you: are you a robot?

Arun: No,

you: mksh21@yahoo.com
you: you dont understand the problem, please describe to me what my problem is

Arun: Please listen to me care fully.
Arun: I have checked an email ID ''mksh21@yahoo.com'' provided by you and found that there is no game ''Madden 2012 ''registered in this account .

Arun: Could you please provide me your gamer tag?

you: what does that matter i bought the game its mine i play it all the time would you answer my question please?

Arun: Could you please provide me your gamer tag?

you: knucklesdaclown

Arun: Could you please provide me online pass code.

you: are freaking kidding me?
you: 8vul-gvwn-fmmk-vq55
you: you that worried i didnt shell out my 60 bucks for the game

Arun: Please wait for a moment.

Arun: I have checked the gamer tag ''knucklesdaclown'' provided by you and found that it is registered under an e-mail address which look like “************@hotmail.com''.

you: holy shit, you cant just answer my question MKSH21@hotmail.com, now can you help me or what

Arun: Yes.You are right your gamer tag ''knucklesdaclown'' is registered under an e-mail address which look like “mksh21@hotmail.com''

you: WOW AMAZING IM GLAD WE SPENT 15 MINUTES ESTABLISHING THAT!
you: now that you are sure I haven't stolen the game can you answer the freaking question!

Arun: Okay,
Arun: I suggest that you post a report on this matter on the forums. These forums are reviewed by Production team and game Development team. By posting on the forums,you will be able to direct your report to the appropriate department.

you: are you fucking kidding me?

Arun: They will review your feedback and take appropriate actions. Also, I'll forward this matter from my end for further review.

you: a half hour of this you take all my info and you cant help
you: your FORUMS are broke! I CANT POST THERE

Arun: You can reach the main forums web site for EA games at http http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5101675.page

you: ok you just gave me a link to a madden 11 forum
you: you guys are on madden 12

Arun: It's a madden 12 forum.

you: ok the link you provided asks if you will keep updating rosters for 11 when 12 comes out. Not very relevant to my question is it? do you even know what issue im having. Please tell me, i dont think you have any idea what issue im having

you: Arun, I will pay pal you $50 if you can actually describe the problem im having
you: $50 american cmon, I know you can do it
you: Hello????
you: Friend?
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

pinback

Post by pinback »

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, Clown.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Pinback, ASSHOLE, quit FUCKING running PEOPLE OFF THIS FUCKING BULLETIN BOARD!

Jesus FUCKING CHRIST!

Do you know how you feel when Tdarcos, RetroRomper and I post in your Starcraft threads? We thread-shit all over you, right? And we find it hilarious, but you don't, but nobody really gives a shit since you've run off EVERYBODY?

Read this, you mewling pisslance:
you: Arun, I will pay pal you $50 if you can actually describe the problem im having
you: $50 american cmon, I know you can do it
you: Hello????
you: Friend?
Friend. FRIEND. God. I... God. That's good stuff.

Quit running people off. Please????

Friend?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It sounds like they are more hardware-problem oriented at help chat than they are at actually understanding real live people.

Knuckles the CLown

AArdvark wrote:It sounds like they are more hardware-problem oriented at help chat than they are at actually understanding real live people.
Im sure they are. If you have an actual in-game problem you are fucked. Everyone is going to buy the game, cause it's the only NFL lincesed one, so they real have no incentive to fix things that drive the average gamer bonkers.

WTF ever happend to pride? You take anything and only allow one person or entity to do it and they will do the absolute bare fucking minimum every chance they get.

Pee al Ity Check

Post by Pee al Ity Check »

From reading Knuckles' interactions with customer folks these days, it sounds like Michael Sherwin is about to be the new Adam. Fucking relax dude, it's only a couple of twenties and some pretend football players.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Back when games were made by half a dozen people, you could actually get tech support. These days, these megagames are made by hundreds of developers who are often let go at the end of a project. With no one around familiar with the code, it's no wonder they just end up shuffling people around instead of addressing the issues.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Knuckles the CLown

Pee al Ity Check wrote:From reading Knuckles' interactions with customer folks these days, it sounds like Michael Sherwin is about to be the new Adam. Fucking relax dude, it's only a couple of twenties and some pretend football players.
YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!

[youtube][/youtube]

Ice Cream Jonsey

By the way, this? This?
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Do you know how you feel when Tdarcos, RetroRomper and I post in your Starcraft threads? We thread-shit all over you, right?
This was a JOKE. I don't believe that Tdarcos, Retro and I "thread shit" (I don't even know what that term is supposed to mean) over your Starcraft posts.

I wanted Retro to feel included as part of the gang here, and I recalled that really only four of us post in the SC2 base. It was not meant, in any way, to talk about his post quality.

I fear that this was the thing that drove him away, and it makes me sad.

Flack

Post by Flack »

That wasn't it at all.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes, RR has confirmed that. So never mind, and we can leave Electronic Arts as the villain in this thread, as they should be for every thread.

Flack

Post by Flack »

When did EA turn evil?

Apple II/Commodore era Electronic Arts was the best.

Now, they're the worst.

Where do you think the turning point was?

Knuckles the CLown

A brief history of why EA sucks pertaining strictly to video game football.

Nintendo came out with the first worthwhile football game Tecmo Bowl. It featured something like half the teams, but the Seahawks were in it so it was great. They used the real player names and assigned attributes to them.

Then Super Tecmo Bowl came out featuring All 28 teams most of the players, stat tracking, cut scenes real schedules. Best thing ever.

Then EA got hot with Madden. Everybody started playing that fine.

Sega came out with Joe Montana Football which vastly superior to madden and largely ignored.

Front Page Sports football came out for the PC which was the most in depth football game to date. Me and Robb played thousands of games and about 25 seasons worth of the 96 and 98 versions

I think there was an NFL gameday that out did Madden but name brand recognition let EA's Madden prevail as the sales winner.

EA came out with a PC version of madden which was the biggest pile of shit of all time.

EA started using clumsy polygons on the playstation they game was all right.

THEN the 2K sports football games came out for the Dreamcast around 20001 and were absolutely heads and shoulders above anything EA could fathom.

2K was still a gnat compared to EA.

THEN 2K went to directly compete with EA by putting out a vastly superior product at bargain price of $20 compared to Madden's 54.99. Madden had suffered from any kind of innovation besides a roster update over the years.

The shit finally hit the fan when 2k5 football came out. ESPN hooked on, there were pregame, half time and post game shows. A weekly highlight show. A DRAFT PREVIEW and a DRAFT RECAP. Fully customizable players and playbooks and ability to sub players at any position (set your kick off team etc.)

This game came out for $20 as well.

Madden had finally been crushed. Video football games were progressing at an unprecedented level, the price had dropped and on-line play was starting to take off.

THEN the NFL in their infinite wisdom decided to put the exclusive rights up for only one company to make football games using NFL players. EA with their massive resources easily won the rights.

And with no competition they have proceeded to put out a shitty game year after year and 7 years later they have not put out a game anywhere near as comprehensive as NFL 2k5.

Everyone still buys the game anyways and hates EA sports.

Flack

Post by Flack »

You guys never played Accolade's 4th and Inches? That was my favorite on the Commodore for a long time, until Front Page Sports came out.

If you have a PS3 or 360, check out Tecmo Throw Throwback. There's a 2D/retro mode that allows you to play the old version. If you have the original Xbox, "Tecmo Classic Arcade" contains 11 "classic" (using the term loosely) Tecmo games, although the only ones worth playing (in my opinion) are Bomb Jack, Rygar, Solomon's Key, and Tecmo Bowl.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Hey, anyone remember 10 Yard Fight for the NES?

Jesus, what a piece of shit.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote:If you have a PS3 or 360, check out Tecmo Throw Throwback. There's a 2D/retro mode that allows you to play the old version.
Ha, so I bought this and I was gonna play it over the Internet with Horrible Gelatinous Blob, from Caltrops.

We couldn't get connected, and the last thing I remember about it was that Microsoft awkwardly stated that my router wasn't modern enough to do head-to-head.

Microsoft fucks EVERYTHING up all the FUCKING time and then point the finger in hilarious directions.