I hated memory failure until I remembered

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

I hated memory failure until I remembered

Post by Tdarcos »

There is a recent commercial I liked, which I was going to comment on. I was trying to remember it last night, and I did, but now it's an empty spot. I can't remember it.

I've said this to others, that you should carry paper and pen, sometimes the act of writing down sears the memory and makes it permanent.

I can remember a dream I had more than 25 years ago because when I woke up I wrote down the details of the dream. I no longer have those notes but I do remember the dream, also because it confirmed that I dream in color.

I've seen some really cute commercials, like
* 20th Century Insurance, how damage from shopping cars can occur at any time. And they do, falling from the ceiling onto the car.
* Volkswagen, where their kid is wearing a Darth Vader costume, tries to affect things through the power of The Force, and fails, until he's able to make the family car start by pushing his hands toward it, which blows the kid away (we see how the father pushed the remote start button on the key fob.) Fox gets a 2-second product tie in at the end of the commercial for the lastest Star Wars product, probably a Blu-Ray disc set of the complete 6-movie series.

But this commercial - it might... Now I remember. "It's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now."

Two guys are taking a trip and the other guy doesn't have music, he has a CD to learn Spanish. They ride in the car for about 750 miles, probably close to 14 hours, they stop at a gas station and the passenger is still bitching about how they had to ride for hours with no music, and the driver tells him to go get a bag of chips, but the two of them are conversing in perfect Spanish!

Now that;s funny.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.