Al Davis, Dead at 82

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Al Davis, Dead at 82

Post by pinback »

For his work with the Raiders, Jamarcus Russell, John Madden, the AFL's general influence on the NFL, and acting like a crazy old grandmother, I salute Al Davis.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Why? Did he die or something? (To Twitter.)

Huh. I never thought he'd die.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I have a hell of a lot more respect for Joe Robbie, who built the stadium in Miami with no taxpayer subsidies, he didn't ask taxpayers to contribute so much as one thin dime to finance his hobby.

Plus he did a really cool cameo of himself for the movie Black Sunday, where Palestinian terrorists are going to crash the Goodyear Blimp, filled with rifle darts, into the Superbowl and kill 100,000 people.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

Joe Robbie is also dead.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Joe Robbie is also dead.
Yeah, I know, I'm sorry, I should have said - and meant to say - "The late Joe Robbie."

Poor bastard died without a will and failed to do the simplest financial planning to protect his heirs when he died. His family got royally raped by taxes (especially taxes), fees and other costs.

I mean, all I have is a few hundred dollars plus some stuff in a storage facility I've kept since about 1998, now about 75 miles away in a storage facility because it's more than I can keep in one room and I don't really want to abandon it (mostly due to sentimental reasons) but I still have a will.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Can I have that stuff?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Can I have that stuff?
You really want to come all the way to Fredericksburg, VA to pick up someone's personal possessions? Besides, you'd need a delivery van, I put stuff in it all the time as I didn't need it.

Basically I just about filled a 5' x 10' x 8' high storage room. I have about 68 boxes of stuff plus some totes. By 'boxes' I mean the standard roughly 14" x 10" x 1' height that they sell in office supply stores to archive office papers.

Why would you want my possessions anyway?
Last edited by Tdarcos on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Tdarcos wrote:By 'boxes' I mean the standard roughly 14" x 10" x 1' hight that they sell in office supply stores to archive office papers.
That's supposed to be 'height'.

Update 2011-12-28, the original post has been updated now that post editing has been restored.

<s>Goddam it, Jonsey, when are we going to get capacity to edit posts back? I'm getting to the point of seriously going on strike and say I won't do insightful posts here any more until I can have the ability to edit if I made a mistake I didn't catch.</s>

I retract that comment since post editing was restored,
- No Doubt, Don't Speak