Steve Jobs, Dead at 56

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Steve Jobs, Dead at 56

Post by Flack »

For his work with Atari, the blue box story, the Apple I and the Apple II, Apple's general influence on home computers, the original iPod and iOS, I salute Steve Jobs.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Paul Erdman (a guy who was involved running a number of banks, ended up in jail in Switzerland for a while until apparently they figured out he wasn't responsible), and wrote several books, basically about bankers acting irresponsibly, wrote in one of his stories that Apple Computer ended up going into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

I think about that many times and realize if it hadn't been for Steve Jobs coming back and rescuing the company from its prior mistakes, that would have been the case.

The two Steves created Apple, but in the end it was Jobs who saved Apple from committing suicide by incompetence. Being invited to come back and save the company after they more-or-less fired you, has to be the sweetest victory there is.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

CO

Re: Steve Jobs, Dead at 56

Post by CO »

Flack wrote:For his work with Atari, the blue box story, the Apple I and the Apple II, Apple's general influence on home computers, the original iPod and iOS, I salute Steve Jobs.
my apple ii was an overpriced tempermental piece of shit.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I have half a dozen working ones, if you want one. Mostly IIe machines, with at least one IIc. I rock a Franklin Ace 1000, the clone that I grew up playing with.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

bruce

Post by bruce »

Flack wrote:I have half a dozen working ones, if you want one. Mostly IIe machines, with at least one IIc. I rock a Franklin Ace 1000, the clone that I grew up playing with.
I'll take the //c off your hands. And if you have an actual ][ (not a ][+), I don't have one of those either.

Bruce