The Pirates! Thread

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

I had more fun with the C64 version of Pirates!, if only because the prospect of victory seemed more attainable. I saved more family members and found more treasure in the old version than I ever did in the handful of days I gave to the new one before giving up.

I realize that it just comes down to the fact that I apparently suck at the new one, so hey, more power to you guys.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I had made detailed maps of the C64 version using graph paper and lots of sailing time. I felt like Magellan! I could usually find treasure with only one piece of treasure map.

THE
TOO MUCH TIME
WASTED
AARDVAK

Worm

Post by Worm »

I put Pirates! on my PSP and accidentally stuck it on the highest difficulty and gave up. It was fun all the way up to that.
Good point Bobby!

hygraed

Post by hygraed »

I want Pirates! on my PSP. My options appear to be either running a ROM of the NES port of the original in NesterJ or buying the official PSP port of the remake. Neither are particularly enticing to me, as sailing and land travel are incredibly slow and tedious in the original, and I already own the remake for PC and have difficulty justifying purchasing it again on a different platform.

I suppose I could be all sneaky and warezy about it and download an ISO of the PSP version. I'm already going to hell according to Leviticus 20:13 so it doesn't really matter in the long run, I suppose.

Biblical Thumper

Post by Biblical Thumper »

"And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Amen

hygraed

Post by hygraed »

praise Jesus

hygraed

Post by hygraed »

I have gone the FILEZ route and it works wonderfully.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Wait. Hygraed's a feyboy?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Post by pinback »

pinback wrote:GODDAMN Jack Straw, you are very creative and funny! You guys see what he did there?

Go fuck a carburetor and get the fuck out of our lives, you fuck.
I may not be completely blameless in how this all played out.

(Pirates! is still a great game, and Assassins Creed 3's naval wars are just Pirates! sea battles played out in 3D.)
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.