New addition to the family

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

Flutie came in as a withered, tiny, unnamed, suffering baby iguana who couldn't eat or stand up. After assist feeding and UVB light, Flutie got slightly less wee and started taking on the cats.

Jack Straw

Post by Jack Straw »

That's one beautiful iguana.

Look at they eye!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It was very precious to see Flutie tail whip Spock. I think Flutie, from what I hear, is happy to be in the big room with the other lizards, but I did miss having the little guy around.

(Did the gender switch get mentioned in this thread? They think he's a girl now.)

It's actually rather empty now. There's no fostered pets. (The leopard gecko is a permanent part of the family... he's got a Christmas stocking and everything!)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

My first pet snake of my very own:

I got my own snake because there was a run on small, nice snakes at the shelter and I hadn't had one to foster in awhile. When one came in who was small and sweet and had lots of little aliens on it, they gave it to me. As I was updating the intake database and assigning each surrendered pet their number (which is just chronological from the first shelter pet years ago, #1), I put in my snake without really thinking or looking, and then went to update the folder for my snake before filing it away as adopted. I have to put a label on the folder with the number, so I went back to database to look at it, and I see-- #1666. For real. Not saying I wouldn't have done it on purpose, but it's nicer, or more EVIL, that I didn't even have to.

He/she has been hiding and trying to bite me since I got it home.

Archon is not only a good metal song by a band I like, and supposedly our alien/angelic overlords (according to theorists on Coast To Coast AM), but Robb says it was a great game even though it wasn't in his Top 50. So welcome, Archon. Bide Thee Well.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

Haha, I can't tell at all what it's about and it has great music, JUST LIKE MY SNAKE.

Jack Straw

Post by Jack Straw »

Archon rules, sometimes more than snakes.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Q: WHAT DOES DAYNA'S SNAKE HAVE IN COMMON WITH A GRANDFATHER CLOCK?

A: AT MIDNIGHT THEY BOTH STRIKE 12 TIMES!!!!

Ice Cream Jonsey

My brother called up and wanted a guarantee that he wouldn't be asked to associate with the snake. I gave him my word.

He also doesn't like geckos for some reason. Who knew?

Ice Cream Jonsey

There IS a new addition, but I am waiting for his eyes to clear up before I take a photo. It takes me forever to take pictures anyway, but this time I have a reason.

Ice Cream Jonsey

His eyes cleared up because Dayna got some ointment. Yes, I know that right now Knuckles is prepping his "KILLLLLLL MEEEEEE" post, as in, that is what the cat is saying. Ha ha, hilarious. I will actually be disappointed if he does not do it. But I am not spending another twenty minutes trying to get it to pose correctly like I did when I fisrt got home tonight.

Here is my cat, his name is Frobozz.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Holy shit, I didn't even notice the used tupperware container. I honestly got home, threw my crap down, put him on the table and snapped the picture. Oh well.

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

That's a horrible picture. I'll take a better one later.

pinback

Post by pinback »

What's wrong with him?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

His eyes were all crudded up. But the ointment knocked it out immediately. It took one application to make it go away. I presume that we apply it going forward for the same reason that you keep taking your anti-bacteria medicine long after the symptons are gone.

Plus, it's tasty. Like fresh berries. So we've both been able to enjoy it. My eyes have never been clearer.

Ben, I'm sorry I wanted to punch Miles all those times. I guess it took having a cat of my own to know that Miles wasn't being smug to people on the Internet. Frobozz walked on my keyboard and sent out garbage to Google. They are truly unaware of how they might come off on the www.

Worm

Post by Worm »

Ah! I thought you'd know the joy of owning a previously injured cat. We picked up one that was lit on fire when we were getting our Pyrenees' leg amputated. It's the best damn cat I've ever owned. He will walk up and place a paw on you until you pet him, he chases his tail, and he will run around like a maniac at night. Still sheds though.
Good point Bobby!

Ice Cream Jonsey

He still sheds? How much gas did they need to dump on that little guy before he V for Vendettaed himself up properly?

Worm

Post by Worm »

It's only an oval on his side.
Good point Bobby!

bruce

Post by bruce »

Worm wrote:We picked up one that was lit on fire when we were getting our Pyrenees' leg amputated.
Your vet sounds like a pretty fucked-up place.

WORM'S VET, SCENE ONE: OPERATING THEATRE

DOCTOR BOB and NURSE RATCHET stand over TWO GURNEYS. Strapped to the FIRST GURNEY is a GREAT PYRENEES, in obvious DISTRESS. Strapped to the SECOND GURNEY is a CAT, soaked in GASOLINE, in even more obvious DISTRESS.

DOCTOR BOB revs the CHAINSAW.

DR. BOB: I'm ready, Nurse Ratchet! Are you?

NURSE RATCHET takes a slow, seductive drag on her CIGARETTE. She NODS.

DR. BOB brings the CHAINSAW down onto the LEG of the GREAT PYRENEES at the same time as NURSE RATCHET flicks her LIT CIGARETTE onto the GASOLINE-SOAKED CAT.

GREAT PYRENEES: Woof!

CAT: Woof!

Bruce

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

He's the best kitten ever.