New addition to the family

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Vitriola

New addition to the family

Post by Vitriola »

Her name is Cocoa! She is 20-something ounces, 3.5 feet long, with black eyes and a trim figure. I am fostering her until either someone adopts her, or I decide I want her. Let's welcome Cocoa like Beavis does! By peering intently down into the tank and occasionally rolling over.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Uh oh! I predict one less cat in the apartment soon.

"Hey! watch what cocoa here does with her new squeeze doll!"

THE
SLITHER
SLITHER
GRAB SQUISH
GULP
THROW AWAY THE FRISKIES, DEAR
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: New addition to the family

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Vitriola wrote:Her name is Cocoa! She is 20-something ounces, 3.5 feet long, with black eyes and a trim figure. I am fostering her until either someone adopts her,
(eyes glazed over, I'm reading this as well as I read anything anymore)
or I decide I want her.
Ha ha.... what?

This deal's getting WORSE AND WORSE.

Let's welcome Cocoa like Beavis does! By peering intently down into the tank and occasionally rolling over.
It smells like ham in here.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

The snake was out and about at around 1:00am last night.

It was flicking its tongue and trying to work its way out of the cage.

It started spitting venom, or spit, but I'll go with venom ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Worm

Post by Worm »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:The snake was out and about at around 1:00am last night.

Yeah, there are special weighted clamps you're supposed to buy for a snake's cage. I see you're using scotch tape.

Protip: Google "snake care".
Good point Bobby!

chris

Post by chris »

This is an accident waiting to happen. Either the snake is going to bite/kill the cat, or the cat is going to kill the snake. Just throw it off of an expressway overpass into an open truck full of migrant farm workers and be done with it.

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

It's not scotch tape, it's clear threaded (wtf do you call it?) packing tape. Also, the cage top is strong. Where Cocoa was before, there were 3 cats, any one of which weigh as much as any 2 of mine, and they sat on it ok. Beavis vs. snake? The snake could take her, easy. She is a ball python, and can constrict. Cocoa has not moved all day. I didn't think it was possible that any animal could be lazier than the current denizens of L201, but I stand corrected.

Worm

Post by Worm »

Vitriola wrote:It's not scotch tape, it's clear threaded (wtf do you call it?) packing tape. Also, the cage top is strong.
I don't get it. Did ICJ not say that the snake tried to get out and got out enough to spit all over the place, or does he mean "the cage" by "the place"? If you're really so eager to avoid buying the correct things to secure the cage you could at least put a book or something on it.
Good point Bobby!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Worm wrote:
Vitriola wrote:It's not scotch tape, it's clear threaded (wtf do you call it?) packing tape. Also, the cage top is strong.
I don't get it. Did ICJ not say that the snake tried to get out and got out enough to spit all over the place, or does he mean "the cage" by "the place"? If you're really so eager to avoid buying the correct things to secure the cage you could at least put a book or something on it.
1) It didn't get out.
2) It's not venomnous.
3) It doesn't shoot acid.
3) The walls are not melting like in a generic Dali painting.

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

Worm wrote: If you're really so eager to avoid buying the correct things to secure the cage you could at least put a book or something on it.
It and it's home came from the REPTILE HUMANE SOCIETY. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. The tank has a fitted lid that is very snug; the tape is just added protection. This setup has been effective for months; *I* can't get the lid off with my strength, I do not see how a small snake and a declawed cat will do likewise, no matter the love between them. There are bigger snakes that I deal with all the time who also have this setup, and are fine. It just looks thrown together.

Outraged Parents

Post by Outraged Parents »

ICJ, your posts are rotten, you are also rotten, and I hope you die immediately for endlessly corrupting the younger readers of this BBS. -Alice Watkins, Florida

Yeah, alright, we all have our needs, but honestly, can't you try to keep the content a bit more on the PG side of things? -Robert Hill, California

How many other ways can you think of to ruin my only son? - Alex Worm Sr., Pennsylvania

I'm sure your post had no malicious intent, but the fact remains that not all jokes are funny to all people. I, for one, am sick and tired of all these foul-flavored jokes. Plus, the children, you soul-crushing monster! Just watch it in the future, you unsightly tub of-- huh? Hold on, alright? My wife would like a few words with you. -Benjamin Kirby, Wisconsin

Robb, I truly appreciate your BBS here. I live with our two children, our cat, and my husband Ben. At times the house can get rather hectic. Reading these endless posts gives me time to kick off my shoes, to relax, and to reflect on the day's events. Thank you, Robb! -Patricia Kirby, Wisconsin

>=O -Benjamin Kirby, Wisconsin

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Pythons, as are rule, are not very cuddly. Unless you are a field mouse or housecat (declawed cat = snake buffet).

I see a bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way

Gary Larson got attacked by his own pet snake before he got rid of it. That's why you see all those funny cartoons involving constrictors.

'Hey, remember that I.F. programmer that was really good? What ever happened to him? Snake attack? really? WICKID, MON!'

THE
ITS ALWAYS FUN UNTIL
SOMEONE GETS BIT
AND STRANGLED
AARDVARK

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

AArdvark wrote:Pythons, as are rule, are not very cuddly. Unless you are a field mouse or housecat (declawed cat = snake buffet).
Cuddly? No, but most are gentle and easily handled. They just like to wander up shirtsleeves and behind sofa cushions.

bruce

Post by bruce »

Vitriola wrote:They just like to wander up shirtsleeves and behind sofa cushions.
And down French Horns. My wife lost one that way once. She discovered it at the stadium several days later. Ick.

Bruce

Worm

Post by Worm »

Outraged Parents wrote: How many other ways can you think of to ruin my only son? - Alex Worm Sr., Pennsylvania
Hahah, me having a relationship with my father as portrayed above? COMEDY GOLD!
Good point Bobby!

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

Let us now welcome Buju to the family! Cocoa was adopted by a nice, somewhat spaz of a girl that works at a vet clinic, about 24 hours after I decided I wanted her for myself. Here, now, is Buju!

As you can see, there is little to, well, absolutely zero difference in the aesthetic value of these animals. However, where Cocoa was nice and sedate and terrified, this one is twitchy and tense and terrified. Still nice, but, like a person who always fidgets around you and stands slightly out of your sight range, a creature that just makes me nervous being around it. I hope someone adopts her soon!

But, since I seem to have a setup that overheats snakes and makes them ravenously hungry every second of the day, I will now be taking yet another snake home that has not been eating well lately. Next week, stay tuned for...Frankie!!!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

So, uh, how many cats you guys down to now?

Which is worse for the cat? Chinese restaurant kitchen or Jonsey and V's apartment?

Snake infested apartment, I add.

http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/Professi ... snakes.htm

THE
AINT FURRY
AINT CUTE
WILL STRANGLE YOU
RIGHT QUICK
AND DONT EAT
ANY APPLES THEY OFFER YOU
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark wrote:So, uh, how many cats you guys down to now?

Which is worse for the cat? Chinese restaurant kitchen or Jonsey and V's apartment?

Snake infested apartment, I add.
I was assured that this one wasn't sticking around for too long.

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I was assured that this one wasn't sticking around for too long.
Even if she was, I didn't put her in the bedroom or within sight of your monitor, so she could hardly have any effect on your life.

Worm

Post by Worm »

Vitriola wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I was assured that this one wasn't sticking around for too long.
Even if she was, I didn't put her in the bedroom or within sight of your monitor, so she could hardly have any effect on your life.
O DIS!
Good point Bobby!