The Young Ones

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

BBC Tele Fan

The Young Ones

Post by BBC Tele Fan »

Since when was there a second "The Young Ones" series?!! I had no idea!!

But according to this:

http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/young/

There was a second series. Though, of course in "Britain" the seasons are like three episodes long. Let's pump that up to a rightful 26, okay Guv'na? Thankee much.

Seriously, this is great news. I have only seen six episodes and I thought just one remained. Amazon says a DVD called "http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 39-0136725" er, wait, "The Young Ones: Every Stoopid Episode" is coming out. And it's somehow the 235rd best selling item in all of Amazon.com. I find that a bit hard to believe as it won't be out until September. But still. Maybe they mean just for DVDs or something.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Programming Note:

The boxed set did arrive. I just ordered my copy off the Internet-II, Platinum Edition. (The Internet II features 27% thieving and roguing than the standard edition!!) It will probably be seven days before it shows up, but at least it's on its way.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

My copy did indeed come to the house last night.

Let's see, the same culture that gave us Monty Python, Red Dwarf and Lexx also gave us the frigging Young Ones. I wish I were British. Comedy emoticon to follow!! =(

Also: on the third disc is all the extraneous crap that they could fit and find, as it is for the last disc on all compliations like this. Anyway, they had some interviews with the people who wrote the show, one of which was a woman. Now, I'm thinking that almost twenty years later she'd look as old and cadaverish as Rik Mayall, but this Lise Mayer chick is pretty damn sweet. British, good looking & co-writer on one of the best TV shows of all time. If femalekind didn't peak with her it came pretty close.

Dishbringer

Post by Dishbringer »

These young ones threads go over about as well as a big sloppy fart in church, don't they?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes, but I am bringing them back!

[youtube][/youtube]

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I have never heard of these guys before. Did they do more stuff?

THE
OY! EH?
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:The Internet II features 27% thieving and roguing than the standard edition!!
27% more thieving and roguing than, 27% less theving and roguing than, or 27% of the thieving and roguing of (and the word 'of' rather than 'than' would have been used)?
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:The Internet II features 27% thieving and roguing than the standard edition!!
27% more thieving and roguing than, 27% less theving and roguing than, or 27% of the thieving and roguing of (and the word 'of' rather than 'than' would have been used)?
8 lines or less: PASS
No lyrics or inlined songs: PASS
Remotely on-topic: FAIL
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark wrote:I have never heard of these guys before. Did they do more stuff?

THE
OY! EH?
AARDVARK
Hell yeah they did! Up scumbag! Up scumbag! See if you can spot the people who later became incredibly famous.

[youtube][/youtube]

Special Patrol Group

Post by Special Patrol Group »

Jonsey! There is also:

The official The Young Ones 8-bit computer game!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Special Patrol Group wrote:Jonsey! There is also:

The official The Young Ones 8-bit computer game!

I had no idea! Special Patrol Group, you are the JC poster of the month! Thank you!