The New Logo

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

The New Logo

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Hi, all. Retro commissioned a new logo for the BBS. I had to use a svg file and not a jpg. So Retro did that for me. It ended up being a 5MB file that doesn't display right so that part of it is a work in progress. Retro paid the artist $5 and suggests that we all donate $20 to this artist to show our appreciation, let me paraphrase what he said:
The person who I commissioned for that logo, charges $5 for that sort of work on an ongoing basis: it's mostly that they have zero confidence in their abilities so price themselves accordingly. Believe you've seen otherwise though and I was wondering if you and or other people at Jolt Country would be able to send them a little cash ($20? I don't know) to perk them up and give them a little spending money.

h-redbird@outlook.com
If you're feeling generous, please keep that in mind.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Re: The New Logo

Post by Flack »

I'd like to see this presented in the form of a poll.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Well I'm not sending any amount of money to a complete stranger for no reason whatsoever until people start apologizing to me for calling for my death in a different thread.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy's right - there is no reason to call for his death and then ask him for money. You guys gotta choose. I don't support the opinion expressed that forum members die. In fact, the best way to atone is to give $20 to the person Retro says we should all give money to.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I have to take ICJ's side on this, you all owe this person $20 for what you did to me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

It would be a nice penance and I think $40 would get them a pre-payment on the part of the ghoul squad for their next death wish.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Which reminds me, I had lunch today at Sonic and the car hop did a swell job. If anyone wants to kick her a tip, her name was Becki, with an "i".

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:59 am It would be a nice penance and I think $40 would get them a pre-payment on the part of the ghoul squad for their next death wish.
It's not just about me and the injustice I experienced here, it's also about thanking this person for something they already got payed to do. The only way I ever see any of this getting resolved is if one of you guys cuts this person a check for $2,700.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:07 am I have to take ICJ's side on this, you all owe this person $20 for what you did to me.
Hey! Don't look at me; first (according to him), I only wished Pinback an early death, I never said anything bad about Billy Mays.

Second, what does this logo look like? I turned off high contrast specifically to see it and i saw no new logo or anything.

Third, why did it need to be a JPG file? Inkscape - the premiere open source editing tool for SVG files - can save SVG to PNG.

Fourth, what kind of image is it that it uses 5 MB? SVG files are usually small, and an image from one probably should not be that large, e.g. the Nevada State Seal (which I showed here in an earlier posting), with considerable detail, is only 250K as an SVG, 57k in a 200x200 PNG, 550K in a 1000x1000 PNG.

Fifth, why was it necessary to convert from SVG in the first place? This BBS shows SVG files just fine, as my cartoons prove.

I mean, if this guy's work is any good, I'll consider sending him some money. But I'd have to see it first. Oh, and don't expect anything from Pinback, we're very familiar with his history.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:21 pm I never said anything bad about Billy Mays.

You also never said anything good about me which in many ways is worse.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:21 pm Fourth, what kind of image is it that it uses 5 MB? SVG files are usually small, and an image from one probably should not be that large, e.g. the Nevada State Seal (which I showed here in an earlier posting), with considerable detail, is only 250K as an SVG, 57k in a 200x200 PNG, 550K in a 1000x1000 PNG.
With your failing eyesight in mind, the new logo was rendered at 42 gazillion by 330 bajillion megadoodlepixels.