The Top Ten Jimmy Buffett Songs

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: The Top Ten Jimmy Buffett Songs

Post by pinback »

He likes to... yeah, he likes to mix up the lyrics in the live versions. Get a little wacky with it.

Not a HUGE fan of the live versions.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

I literally thought Margaritaville was his only song.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Casual Observer wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:39 pm I literally thought Margaritaville was his only song.
Nah man there's Margaritaville and there's Cheeseburger in Paradise and then uh.. a song about gumbo and uh..

bryanb wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:26 am Thanks, Ben -- these are indeed some worthwhile songs, and I hadn't listened to most of them before. I think I was most surprised by the shout out to Ballyhoo in False Echoes. If both Roody Yogurt and Jimmy Buffett recommend it, I guess I really do have to play that freaking game.
You really should. I have tried to finish that game 3 times and could not due to various reasons (besides the game being not easy) but if you liked county fairs and such as a kid and wondered what kind of dark stuff perhaps would go on as I did.. it is a wonderful setting for a text adventure.
Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:49 pm There's a time when you're out fishing for a week or two, sitting around a campfire and slugging back beers with friends and family. When the camper is only used to power those strings of rainbow lights they only sell at camper stores and the stereo is blasting Jimmy Buffett that is absolutely surreal. Otherworldly. I can't name a single one of his songs, besides his most famous, but I can recognize his music from a mile away. That is what I imagine Heaven is like: drink in hand, shorts and crocs, walking towards the light with God blasting Jimmy Buffet.
See, this here is why I do not HATE Jimmy Buffett. There is something about going out to my trailer park at the coast, standing out on my porch in the evening, and hearing someone at least as drunk or more drunk than me blasting it that I am completely fine with. That's cool, man. Especially when it is followed up by House on Baker Street or some shit while you gaze out on the sunset over the saltwater. I just won't be the guy playing it from my camper; yet appreciative they are not blasting absolute garbage.

Also, I need a new string of lights for my shit!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Now back at my camper in the magical trailer park by the sea.. (one house up the street from me has a rebel flag nc combo if anyone wants to get political or something) Had a nice walk on the beach today.

Listening to some old japanase surf rock and Martin Denny while envisioning surf lines I will try tomorrow. Things like Martin Denny lounge music and old surf rock is what I associate with this area to get my vibe right.

When I walk out on the beach tomorrow I know there will be horrible music blasting from peoples devices under the pier, but this is usually paired with girls (19-40) in thongs. Zero complaints of this beach aside keep it even more clean garbage wise that it already is. Leave it like you saw it or better ffs.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ANON DUDE

Post by ANON DUDE »

I am anonymous!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I guess the list is locked in now.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I am sorry for your guy's passing.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!