So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 15274
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by pinback »

Followup, am I allowed to ask "specific people" not to write posts about anything? 'Cause I'd have one suggestion.
In the yard, not too far from the car.

User avatar
Finsternis
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 4:35 pm

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Finsternis »

pinback wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:30 pm
Followup, am I allowed to ask "specific people" not to write posts about anything? 'Cause I'd have one suggestion.
You can ask any person or persons anything you want without having to ask for permission.
"I’d rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question."

- Max Tegmark

User avatar
The Happiness Engine
Posts: 806
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by The Happiness Engine »

It's really great when you think you've thought up something so interesting that you just can't contain yourself and shit it everywhere rather than sitting down, thinking, and attempting to form a cogent opinion. Please continue to wheeze every stupid thought that you moistly shout at your monitor, it improves NOT ONLY the discussion, but also the search and database features!

User avatar
Finsternis
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 4:35 pm

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Finsternis »

The Happiness Engine wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:31 pm
It's really great when you think you've thought up something so interesting that you just can't contain yourself and shit it everywhere rather than sitting down, thinking, and attempting to form a cogent opinion.
At least I *have* cogent opinions. Paul is the only other person here that can string more than two sentences together mostly correctly.
The Happiness Engine wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:31 pm
Please continue to wheeze every thought
Thanks for the invitation - I will do just that! Thanks for your invitation! And you had said I wasn't welcome! You even said please, awwww.
"I’d rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question."

- Max Tegmark

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 15274
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by pinback »

He was talking about Paul, the subject of this entire thread, you fucking simpleton.
In the yard, not too far from the car.

User avatar
The Happiness Engine
Posts: 806
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by The Happiness Engine »

No, I was referring to the need to post 4 sentence fragments every other minute back-to-back rather than collecting them all into an actual idea.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 15274
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by pinback »

Oh.
In the yard, not too far from the car.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 7227
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Tdarcos »

Finsternis wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:26 pm
At least I *have* cogent opinions.
"Cogent"? I made sure to look up that word before I jumped to conclusions."Reasonable and convincing; based on evidence." To that I'd say "not necessarily" because the third word "convincing" fails here and goes back to what I said before. If your opinions are made in an extremely annoying, insulting fashion, you're not going to convince anyone of anything. I think maybe you might have learned something as i think some of the nastiness has dissipated; we'll see. In your case "convincing" does not mean we agree, just that it's an effective argument.
Finsternis wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:26 pm
Paul is the only other person here that can string more than two sentences together mostly correctly.
Oh wow! I've received the (what is the antonym for 'coveted'?) ah, abhorred "Finsternis seal of approval." I'm not sure whether to (figuratively) jump for joy, or call for an aide to help clean things up as I've just vomited in disgust.

At this point I'll reserve judgment and maintain an amused state of indifference.
"And if it snows that stretch down south won't ever stand the strain."
- Glen Campbell, Wichita Lineman

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 15274
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by pinback »

I have never loved Paul more. (And I've loved him a LOT.)
In the yard, not too far from the car.

User avatar
Finsternis
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 4:35 pm

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Finsternis »

pinback wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:50 am
He was talking about Paul, the subject of this entire thread, you fucking simpleton.
Wow, the guy who is so angry at me for insulting people sure is a hypocrite! Way to keep the argument going, dude!
"I’d rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question."

- Max Tegmark

User avatar
Finsternis
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 4:35 pm

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Finsternis »

The Happiness Engine wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:08 am
No, I was referring to the need to post 4 sentence fragments every other minute back-to-back rather than collecting them all into an actual idea.
So then you can all complain about how long my posts are, right?

I respond to individual posts - the same exact way they are posted.

It's not my fault the board software doesn't allow for editing or deleting.
"I’d rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question."

- Max Tegmark

User avatar
Finsternis
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 4:35 pm

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Finsternis »

Tdarcos wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:51 am
If your opinions are made in an extremely annoying, insulting fashion, you're not going to convince anyone of anything.
You keep saying that. It is not true. It may not be true of you personally, but it is not a given for every person on earth. In fact, for some people, being insulted and humiliated is the only time they listen and may be the only way they learn. There exists a kind of person who ignores everyone who is not insulting them and only pays attention when slapped in the face with their ignorance. Then, powered by their rage and disgrace by being shown up by me, they passionately research a topic in order to find counter-arguments. Therefore, they are forced to educate themselves, and my goal is achieved. Whether it makes me popular or not doesn't matter one whit to me. You say you are not one of those people. Whether you truly are or not remains to be seen.

So, kindly speak for yourself.
Tdarcos wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:51 am
I think maybe you might have learned something as i think some of the nastiness has dissipated; we'll see.
From my point of view, you guys are the ones who are learning things.
Tdarcos wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:51 am
Finsternis wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:26 pm
Paul is the only other person here that can string more than two sentences together mostly correctly.
Oh wow! I've received the (what is the antonym for 'coveted'?) ah, abhorred "Finsternis seal of approval."
There is no such thing as a "Seal of approval". I call things as they are; I tell the truth about what is. If that thing is negative, I say it. If it is positive, I say it. The things I said about you - that you are a better, more thoughtful, more effective, and more educated writer than the others here is true. You certainly blow Pinback out of the water in that, unlike him, you actually say stuff.

Whether I like you or not, whether you like me or not has no bearing - they are true facts and therefore I speak them. That doesn't mean I agree with everything you say. But unlike most people here, I react based on logic and what is actually said rather than emotion, social-approval-seeking, and mob mentality. If I have been less harsh recently it's been because you have been less objectionable in what you say. Yes, you've tried your best to insult me and hurt my feelings, but alas for you, it's not really possible to insult me. So the insults don't make it through my static filter in a discussion. I've been insulted by people who are far better than you are at it, and I have a very thick skin.
"I’d rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question."

- Max Tegmark

User avatar
Finsternis
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 4:35 pm

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Finsternis »

pinback wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:54 am
I have never loved Paul more. (And I've loved him a LOT.)
You love him so much you encourage him to speedily die in misery. Gotcha.
"I’d rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question."

- Max Tegmark

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 15274
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by pinback »

Go away, please.
In the yard, not too far from the car.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 7227
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Tdarcos »

Finsternis wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:39 pm
pinback wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:50 am
He was talking about Paul, the subject of this entire thread, you fucking simpleton.
Wow, the guy who is so angry at me for insulting people sure is a hypocrite!
"It took you this long to figure that out, Finsternis? You're not as bright as I thought you were."
- Supervisor 246 in Paul Robinson's Instrument of God, 2010
Finsternis wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:39 pm
Way to keep the argument going, dude!
Oh great, another Finsternis Seal of Approval™. Well, if things get too bad, a large trash can is right next to me, so I don't have to worry if 'Ralph' comes visiting.
"And if it snows that stretch down south won't ever stand the strain."
- Glen Campbell, Wichita Lineman

User avatar
RetroRomper
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am
Location: Someplace happy.

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by RetroRomper »

Tdarcos wrote: [...] Caltrops have accused me for years of having practically every condition in the medical books or DSM IV that starts with the letter "A" [...]
Asshat is in the DSM V, dumbass.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 24269
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

RetroRomper wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:46 am
Tdarcos wrote: [...] Caltrops have accused me for years of having practically every condition in the medical books or DSM IV that starts with the letter "A" [...]
Asshat is in the DSM V, dumbass.
Just to confirm - you have no problem with yourself throwing insults around to various people here, but you want to be able to have any thread be deleted that does the same to you. Is that right?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
RetroRomper
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am
Location: Someplace happy.

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by RetroRomper »

Vastly different level of accusatory behavior.

I also only fancy Cream Puffs in the manner that Billy suggested.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 24269
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

RetroRomper wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:09 pm
Vastly different level of accusatory behavior.

I also only fancy Cream Puffs in the manner that Billy suggested.
Oh, I'm not saying that there is anything we need to change with the process. I just wanted to make sure I ........................ understood it. I like the thought of an insult-slinging cowboy pointing a magic wand at threads he doesn't like and having them go poof. (Cowboys wielding wands is probably not historically accurate.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
RetroRomper
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am
Location: Someplace happy.

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by RetroRomper »

The way it worked was Wizards slinging six shooters and plagues of frogs during the Wild West era, so it may be a good time to grab a Historical Tome and brush up on your understanding of mid 1800s' Sorcery.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Post Reply