So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Tdarcos »

A certain piece of $%^& (as Primus would say) who I won't even grant the satisfaction of naming, but hs handle starts with the letter F, as in Fucking Asshole (oh wait, that's two words), accused me of having a number of faults.

The Cretinous Reprobates at Caltrops have accused me for years of having practically every condition in the medical books or DSM IV that starts with the letter "A" including Asbergers and Autism, despite the fact you generally only get these as a child, not in later life. Alzheimer's, however...

So on that note, I invite any member of Jolt Country in Good Standing (and I'm sure you know if you are) to advise me about any problems or faults they think I have. Hubris, psychopathic traits (like excessive promiscuity, chronic lying, inability to accept resposibility for one's actions, etc.) or any other fault you think I have. And if you think I don't have any faults, feel free to make some up, as long as thy're clearly ridiculous or funny, like saying I'm guilty of ammenorhea.

So let me start.
Excessive prolixnesss, which is a fancy term for "too wordy," or "writes too much." Yeah, I know, but I don't get to talk people very much, and so maybe I go overboard here. But I love words, and I love to be able to say interesting things. Well, at least I think they are, anyway.
Inability to masturbate. Maybe this is too much information, but I had to think of something, and I mentioned this in an earlier message. Besides, what can I say, they shoved a catheter up my dick and then it [excessively graphic medical procedure description censored]. Man, you do not know what pain is like until that happens.

So let me hear from you.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Jizaboz

Re: So, what do you think of me? What are my faults?

Post by Jizaboz »

- You like to tell bad sex jokes.
- You like to ramble on the forums.. though as we have seen not as much as others past and present at times.
- In our fone conversations, you like to ask “Have you ever heard of X”? Many times, I already have. When I don’t, you rattle off tons of facts before I can get a word in like “wow!, really? but how did..” and then I am cut off for a bit. Then you have to ask what I just said.

None of these are anything “wrong”. Yr my friend so I just consider them traits.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

I can't think of a single one.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

1. You seem to have drawn some strange connection between Primus and foul language.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

It's the kind of mistake Winona (and her big brown beaver) might make.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:01 am 1. You seem to have drawn some strange connection between Primus and foul language.
Ben, in the story, Primus is the "shop steward" for "union symbols." Equals, Plus, punctuastion, etc.,t I use in my cartoons. He wants to see his symbols "get more work," so instead of using foul language, he substitutes symbols. Letters get used much more often and do lots more work, symbols, not so much.

So when I'm trying to be funny I'll replace the @#$%^& &^#!%)-\[](%$ swear words with grawlixes so the symbols don't feel neglected. Oh shit, I forgot the fucking asterisk, he'll probably file a goddam grievance. More paperwork I have to deal with...
- J.R.R. Tolkien

pinback

Post by pinback »

Oh, sorry. When I think Primus, I don't think union symbols, I think BIG BROWN BEAVER.

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

You like to talk about atheism, atheism is not the start of a conversation but the end of one. It is the "don't know, don't care, now go fuck off" of isms. And it would have stayed that way had it not been for all of those internet hucksters out there trying to monetize what is essentially nothing. If you never brought up atheism ever again that would be a huge improvement.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am You like to talk about atheism, atheism is not the start of a conversation but the end of one.
No, that is agnosticism. You know, the belief that "there is no evidence that can prove or disprove the existence of a God, so please stop bothering me about it" because people have better things to do in life than validate their awful behaviors by confiding in a mythological being they take way too seriously.

Same with Trump, except sadly he isn't mythological.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am You like to talk about atheism, atheism is not the start of a conversation but the end of one.
If your faith is right and strong you don't need to worry about atheism. Is the Bible the Word of God? Is the bBble correct? If so, then what do you care what I think? Or that I say what I think?
I really want to know why. Are you afraid of different ideas? Does atheism frighten you? Does it bother you? Would you be bothered if I was a Muslim and talked of submission to Allah?
Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am It is the "don't know,
That is agnostic. There are atheists - Pinback, for example - who know there are no gods. There can be agnostic believers, those who believe in God but don't know if it's real or not
Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am don't care,
No, I think you'll find we do care. I care about believing in as many true things as possible and as few untrue things as possible. I want to know what's true; false ideas have no value. And if I was presented with evidence that I was wrog, I would change my opinion.
Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am now go fuck off" of isms.
Nope. That's religion. Religions reject anything that disagrees with their faith. even if it is true.
Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am And it would have stayed that way had it not been for all of those internet hucksters out there trying to monetize what is essentially nothing.
Oh, you're referring to all those religious groups pushing their particular set of beliefs? Yeah, some of them are just repackaged televangelists.
Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am If you never brought up atheism ever again that would be a huge improvement.
Why? If what I believed was wrong, surely all those religious people on line could show why. They always have problems.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Like, no real faults, but sometimes you make a giant post about atheism when specifically asked not to. No examples come to mind, though.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:58 am I can't think of a single one.
I did have some thinking to do in order to come up with my list. I wasn’t going to reply at all, but then I thought “Well he asked for it!”
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroRomper wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:27 pmNo, that is agnosticism.
Agnostics are just chill atheists.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:32 pmWhy?
Ok, I'll take another shot at this since my last attempt failed...

Nobody enjoys reading or discussing your atheism posts. Since this is a thread about your faults, a fault of yours is you spend too much time doing the one thing everyone here dislikes.

To clarify, it is not your atheism posts specifically, but the topic of atheism in general that people find gay and unreadable.

To further clarify, atheism itself is not gay.

I think I wrapped that one up nicely, no reason he should find any issue with my work here, time to move on to that next fault whatever that may be.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:17 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:32 pmWhy?
Ok, I'll take another shot at this since my last attempt failed...
To further clarify, atheism itself is not gay.
Well, most atheists are not gay (if we figure they are distributed evenly among all sexual orientation, then 90-98% of atheists are not gay), and most gays are not atheists (again, if we use typical equivalent distribution along straights, 90% of gays are not atheist).
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I'm going to go ahead and chalk this one up in the success column...(sotto voce: tentatively)

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

Tdarcos wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:53 pm Inability to masturbate.
As I mentioned, there are devices - some medical, some "amateur", which exist specifically for men who are unable to achieve orgasm by themselves physical reasons. For example, they are used for men who wish to have children but can't copulate or masturbate. Even erection is not required, since I assume you have ED as well, as many diabetic men do. It is possible to ejaculate without an erection. I would be happy to point out resources for you (privately), if that inability bothers you. It would bother me if I were in that situation.
"I’d rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question."

- Max Tegmark

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am Atheism is not the start of a conversation but the end of one. It is the "don't know, don't care, now go fuck off" of isms.
Untrue. I agree that atheism, having no tenets or philosophy in general, doesn't give a lot to discuss in and of itself. That's why there aren't any atheism discussion groups.

But the topic of religion, which atheism is related to, is a hugely important one that requires a lot of talking about, since so many people want to show it down the throats of other people. Religion is responsible - directly or indirectly - for most of the evil in the world today. Not all, just most. It needs to be fought against and relegated to the dustbin of history just like every other absurd superstition.
Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 amAnd it would have stayed that way had it not been for all of those internet hucksters out there trying to monetize what is essentially nothing.
Can you name some of these "internet hucksters" that you imagine exist? Like who? The fact that atheism is a big topic right now is because people are finally starting to see all the profound horrible effects it has, and waking up to the fact that something needs to be done.

- Max Tegmark

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:57 pm sometimes you make a giant post about atheism when specifically asked not to.
It always amuses me when people say "don't make those posts" or "stop talking about this topic". It mystifies me. I have developed a super high-tech genius way to deal with posts and comments I'm not interested in: I just don't read them. Yup, I scroll right on by! Imagine that! That way the posts that don't interest me don't bother me. It's pretty amazing stuff. I feel really sad for all the people out there with guns pointed to their heads, forcing them to read stuff they aren't interested in. Call for help! I often wonder why people who seem to dislike me so much read my posts at all. I guess in some areas, I do have discipline after all.

Am I allowed to "specfically ask" people to not write posts about things I don't personally care about? 'Cause I'd have some suggestions.

- Max Tegmark

Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:17 pm you spend too much time doing the one thing everyone here dislikes.
Did an atheist touch you in a Naughty Place when you were young? Why the antipathy?

- Max Tegmark