The Pinback Thin Thread

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: The Pinback Thin Thread

Post by pinback »

bryanb wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:33 pm Maybe you shouldn't weigh yourself every day any more, if you still are.
I weigh myself multiple times per day. I'm hyper-focused and obsessed. It's a fun game to me to try to guess to the tenth of a pound what I weigh given what I'm wearing and had recently eaten or drank at the time.

It's ridiculous. It's unhealthy. It's pathetic. And it needs to stop.

Just a few more pounds.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

bryanb wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:33 pmIt was actually just an innocent self-induced vomiting joke [...] That was the nadir.
It was essentially a *ralph* nadir!

(Get it? Because "ralph" the sound a person makes when they... ah. Man, that was a good one.)
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:48 pm I'm gonna have to hear that for ten straight hours before I'm convinced.
Are you calling me a liar?
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

pinback wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:26 pm
bryanb wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:33 pm Maybe you shouldn't weigh yourself every day any more, if you still are.
I weigh myself multiple times per day. I'm hyper-focused and obsessed. It's a fun game to me to try to guess to the tenth of a pound what I weigh given what I'm wearing and had recently eaten or drank at the time.

It's ridiculous. It's unhealthy. It's pathetic. And it needs to stop.

Just a few more pounds.
I refuse to buy a scale, I don't care or want to know. I go by inches off my pants and how I think I look. I need to work out to get my gladiator calves back.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I need to get rid of the scale. That's the only way out of this. I need to go Office Space on it.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ralph Nadir needs to be a character in Cyberganked!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ben, did you have any pangs of secret hesitation when you threw out all your fat clothes?

"But what if I need these pants again?"

THE
PERFECTLY GOOD
AARDVARK

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

I, for one, haven't thrown out most of my fat clothes. I just cinch them.

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:08 pm Ben, did you have any pangs of secret hesitation when you threw out all your fat clothes?
No, there's no chance.

It seems to me, upon continual reflection since this is the only thing, after 49 years, I can even think about proclaiming I'm an "expert" in, that the main -- and perhaps only -- obstacle to weight loss is the inability to accept discomfort. Being hungry is uncomfortable. Wanting food and not eating it is uncomfortable. So every marketing genius tells you "eat all you want and still lose weight", which is basically saying, you'll never be uncomfortable.

In my experience, weight loss requires discomfort. So once you get comfortable with discomfort, there are no obstacles.

I'll always be comfortable with discomfort now, so there is no chance I'll ever get fat again. Throughout most of this, I assumed it was a possibility. My wife would say "I miss the old drunk, fat Ben" and I'd simply reply, "Stick around."

But she's out of luck. There is no going back.

Discomfort is powerless.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

bryanb wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:33 pm Still, it's kind of funny that a couple of decades later we're now worried about Ben's eating habits and Vark dropped a Karen Carpenter joke in this thread.
But, as Vark put it, "We've only just begun" to make those jokes.

Man getting into cab: Driver, do you have room on the front seat for a pepperoni pizza, two burgers, fries, a shake, a bucket of fried chicken, and a fifth of Jack Daniels?
Cabbie: Yeah, I do.
Man getting into cab: Good. Baaaaarrrrrrfff!
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Weigh yourself once a day (or less!) when you wake up and chart the overall progression. Anything else is just noise. I can move the scale %3 just on rehydrating.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Discomfort has power over me, but perhaps by avoiding coffee or food until I weigh myself I can take my first step towards it having less power over me. I could also avoid reading most of the forum's posts.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Flack wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:34 am It was essentially a *ralph* nadir!
Tdarcos wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:55 am But, as Vark put it, "We've only just begun" to make those jokes.
Alright, I'm now dubbing this the official eating disorder joke thread. This isn't what I wanted; it isn't what any of us really wanted. Nonetheless, I feel like our friend needs this right now...if nothing else, it's something to counteract all the unhealthy weight loss propaganda he's no doubt been consuming in place of food in recent months. The only thing we'll be binging and purging in here is laughter!

If someone currently reading this actually suffers from a real eating disorder, I'm sorry and deeply regret everything.

Take it away, boys!

pinback

Post by pinback »

The only two people here with confirmed eating disorders are 1) the only guy to ever get banned, and 2) the one who... you know, has more pressing mental issues to deal with.

If I ever drop under 170, we'll talk, but I'm not concerned about my own issue other than being pissed off that I'm well past my BONUS goal, which was already well past my main yearly goal, and I'm still not happy about it.

pinback

Post by pinback »

(Also, the vast majority of my daily caloric intake is currently coming from American Adjunct Lagers instead of life-giving nourishment. That's probably not good.)

pinback

Post by pinback »

But we'll see. I go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon to "check my levels", to see if all this nonsense has caused any actual damage, or just made me fucking gorgeous.

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 pm (Also, the vast majority of my daily caloric intake is currently coming from American Adjunct Lagers instead of life-giving nourishment. That's probably not good.)
Whoa, did I miss Ben falling off the wagon??

pinback

Post by pinback »

A couple months ago.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Are you calling me a liar?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:32 pm A couple months ago.
Welcome back Pinner!