Quick message

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RetroRomper

Re: Quick message

Post by RetroRomper »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 pmYou do not know what the correct phrase is. It's "jonesing" not "jonesyin". From "Mr. Jones" a slang term for heroine
I had you pegged as a guy that drinks Adderal and coffee, the same way you're supposed to drink soda and mentos.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroRomper wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 amI had you pegged as a guy that drinks Adderal and coffee, the same way you're supposed to drink soda and mentos.
I just took 3 seconds to google Adderall in order to understand what you are getting at, and because I care about this place, and I have to inform you that you are wrong all all accounts. I've never taken Adderall, I've never been prescribed it and I have never taken drugs recreationally. I don't drink coffee because the stuff acts as a laxative and because I haven't been able to pull the trigger on a Keurig because I hear they are built like shit and break down all the time. I have considered buying a French Press though so that's something. I seldom have a soda because it just tastes like a can of sugary shit and makes me thirstier. I don't like mentos because I find it annoying how they grind against my teeth, like nails on a chalkboard sort of. And because they taste like shit.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

BLOOP!
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback »

All of your posts are terrible.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:01 pm Yes, I know the correct phrase is "Jonesyin' for a fix," I felt it works here.
You do not know what the correct phrase is. It's "jonesing" not "jonesyin". From "Mr. Jones" a slang term for heroine.
It's slang term for a female hero? I've heard of it referred to by a lot of terms (smack, H, dope, China white) but never that.

So I stand corrected. (Well, I can't really stand, but you know what I mean.) So It's "Jonesing for a fix," but I still felt, since Jonsey was sending it to me (starburst, not heroin) I felt the pun worked.
Billy Mays wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 pm Something I did not even know until just now because I had 3 seconds to spare to google something and because I care about this place.
And what you did was exactly right to create a "teachable moment," you explained something was wrong, and showed what the correction was. And we both learned something.

However, it also means I get to bust your balls when you misspell "heroin." By the way, has anyone seen the "the" that Flack wanted fixed?
Billy Mays wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 pm Get your shit together.
Oh, I do. It stays in the diaper until they change me. Sometimes it's [CENSORED], and other times it's [CENSORED]. I know a great deal about shit, and ways they [CENSORED] it when its together, Especially when [CENSORED], [CENSORED], or [CENSORED].
Last edited by Tdarcos on Wed May 27, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:23 am All of your posts are terrible.
I think Retro has been the MVP of the forum. He's in the running. And I am not saying that in a smug manner. I mean that he advances conversation.

Isn't that what it's about? I don't like some of his more caustic insults, sure. But he's advancing the narrative.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:04 pm
I think Retro has been the MVP of the forum.
All of your opinions are terrible.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:04 pm
I think Retro has been the MVP of the forum. He's in the running. And I am not saying that in a smug manner. I mean that he advances conversation.
Absolutely. I think Retro has done a fine job.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:04 pm Isn't that what it's about? I don't like some of his more caustic insults, sure. But he's advancing the narrative.
Oh I love his insults. He's very funny when he gets so "rip roarin' angry," and proceeds to tear me a new one. Then he lies (to himself, mostly) and says he's not angry. You can't post the kind of soul-tormented anguish he did when he declared I was worse than useless and my dead body was so toxic it would contaminate caustic waste, unless someone has really pissed you off.

That's beautiful prose, and it only comes from soul-crushling anger. That's why I said he's funny when he's angry, because he is. He releases his innermost hatred, and spews it, letting the chips fall where they may. And his expression of anguish is so comical.

RetroRomper is like a diamond-in-the-rough, and I hope to continue to annoy err I mean polish him more, so his brightness can shine.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:04 pmI think Retro has been the MVP of the forum. He's in the running.
This is obviously a troll. We all know the MVP this year is either going to be Tdarcos, Flack, or Finsternis. It's probably going to be Tdarcos because what is this place if not somewhere we can all throw stones at a morbidly obese man with declining mental health?