Quick message

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Quick message

Post by Tdarcos »

Am using temporary cell phone, not sure how long charge will last.

Computer has to be put back together. I'm back in room 330B.

I want to thank whomever (you were not identified) sent me (forwarded from room 210) the wonderful - and probably expensive - bag and box of so many different types of tasty candy. I will probably gain several pounds, you really nice bastard. How dare you tempt me with such utterly delicious treats? I appreciate the gesture as I curse you for all the weight I'm going to gain. Just kidding about the curse, I actually thought it was a thoughtful gift, and I am touched.

I'm ok for now, have survived Covid-19. Hell, I iived through a sepsis infection last year - which often kills people - this was minor.

Guess either I'm too tough to die right now or the universe hates me for some reason and is punishing me with longer life. That, or there. Really is a plan for the universe and there is one or more things it wants me to do. We shall see.

Note: In writing the preceding paragraph I categorically deny, reject and condemn as ridiculous the idea and concept of the Christian god as depicted in the Bible or any other similar work of fiction. just

Just checking in. Still don't have a phone charger nor a desk phone.

More news later when I get my computer together.

Much love to you all, as I offer to toast champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!

Sincerely (on the other hand, maybe, maybe not)
Paul '"Tansin A. Darcos'" Robinson

Sent from a mobile phone
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

The Happiness Engine

Re: Quick message

Post by The Happiness Engine »

IT'S A GODDAMN CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:08 pm I want to thank whomever (you were not identified) sent me (forwarded from room 210) the wonderful - and probably expensive - bag and box of so many different types of tasty candy. I will probably gain several pounds, you really nice bastard. How dare you tempt me with such utterly delicious treats? I appreciate the gesture as I curse you for all the weight I'm going to gain. Just kidding about the curse, I actually thought it was a thoughtful gift, and I am touched.
Hey Paul, that was from me. I told Amazon to include a note, but it appears they split the order up into multiple deliveries so it might have ended up in one of the other packages. In all I sent two packs of Altoids, an 8 pack of Starburst mini fruit chews, a 6lb package of Black Forest Gummy Bears, and a big sack of York Peppermint Patties. I put the old room number on the order, so make sure they forward everything to you.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Hey, he lives! We can all buy T-shirts now!

THE
WASN'T WORRIED ONE BIT
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Paul, can you put the new room number real quick if you can? I'll send ya stuff!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:08 pma plan for the universe and there is one or more things it wants me to do.
There's no plan and the universe doesn't care. I care. That's why I created this thread:

https://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB3/view ... =9&t=11495

Please respond to it so that we're not left guessing as to what you would have wanted us to do.

I'm glad you pulled through!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Great to hear from you man! Enjoy the candy Flack sent and don't give ang to the nurse that gave you the corona haha
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:08 pm Guess either I'm too tough to die right now or the universe hates me for some reason and is punishing me with longer life. That, or there. Really is a plan for the universe and there is one or more things it wants me to do. We shall see.
Cyril O'Reilly from Oz once said, "We don't choose God. God chooses us." I'm pretty sure St. Francis and Billy Graham were atheists as well until they got tired of the recurring plagues and limb amputations. Maybe it's time to just finally accept your destiny? I envision you touring the world in a power wheelchair with a Bible in one hand and a pistol in the other. Fifth Great Awakening, here we come!

Seriously, though, you sound good. You must have gotten a very minor case of coronavirus. I had been concerned you might end up or already be in a hospital which wouldn't have been good so I'm glad you had such an uneventful quarantine. It's infuriating that you've been kept offline just because you didn't have a phone charger. They're bringing you food every day -- would it really have been so hard for them to include one of the most ubiquitous items on the planet on the tray? If they didn't have a cable handy, they could have just looked behind the nearest sofa to find one. I'm sure coronavirus paranoia had something to do with how you were treated, but that's not really an acceptable excuse. They shouldn't have lied to you about bringing your computer or allowed you to be completely isolated from the outside world. It seems like shoddy care to me. At least they are testing people and quarantining positive cases which some nursing homes have failed to do.

I wonder if there will be any new options for a different living arrangement that will open up over time. I hope so for Paul's sake, and I can think of a few potential relocation options right off the top of my head. Flack for instance will likely be facing an empty nest pretty soon...I can think of someone who could definitely liven the house back up again. Robb seems like a natural caregiver, but he never had any kids. Could someone else fill that invisible hole in his heart? Mina could probably use a new playmate, and Ben would no doubt appreciate having a weight loss guru nearby as well. I can think of an excellent candidate for both roles! Jizaboz's trailer probably gets awfully lonely from time to time; it certainly doesn't need to be that way. Reading between the lines, I get the feeling CO and his wife might have decided not go forward with the fertility treatment. Is it time for option B? I think it might be time for option B!

I'm assuming I'm off the hook because I'm a sham friend. Whew.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

bryanb wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:13 pmRobb seems like a natural caregiver
Being under Robb's care is probably the only thing that could kill Paul at this point.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:49 pm
Being under Robb's care is probably the only thing that could kill Paul at this point.
Depending on your manners and how loquacious the Commander is, he's got - what? - a minute or two after entering your home before you offer him a glass of bleach?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:06 pm
Billy Mays wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:49 pm
Depending on your manners and how loquacious the Commander is, he's got - what? - a minute or two after entering your home before you offer him a glass of bleach?
We both know you're not waking up tomorrow proud of that jab.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:57 pm Paul, can you put the new room number real quick if you can? I'll send ya stuff!
As I said, I'm back in my old room

Paul Robinson
550 S. Carlin Springs Rd Rm 330B
Arlington VA 22204-1022

And I have my computer working again. (More later.)

To prevent me from giving any of you Covid-19, I am wearing a face mask. I can categorically guarantee that I cannot transmit this virus to any of you while posting.

This message was sent from my Lenovo desktop computer (but you probably knew that.)
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

bryanb wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:13 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:08 pm Guess either I'm too tough to die right now or the universe hates me for some reason and is punishing me with longer life. That, or there. Really is a plan for the universe and there is one or more things it wants me to do. We shall see.
Cyril O'Reilly from Oz once said, "We don't choose God. God chooses us." I'm pretty sure St. Francis and Billy Graham were atheists as well until they got tired of the recurring plagues and limb amputations. Maybe it's time to just finally accept your destiny? I envision you touring the world in a power wheelchair with a Bible in one hand and a pistol in the other. Fifth Great Awakening, here we come!
Ain't. Gonna. Happen. If you could conclusively prove there is a god or gods actually running this world or this universe, the Christian god would still be impossible and the Bible would still be errant and wrong, in so many ways.
bryanb wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:13 pmSeriously, though, you sound good. You must have gotten a very minor case of coronavirus.
To quote The Bridgetender, "You are correct, sir!"
bryanb wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:13 pmI had been concerned you might end up or already be in a hospital which wouldn't have been good so I'm glad you had such an uneventful quarantine. It's infuriating that you've been kept offline just because you didn't have a phone charger. They're bringing you food every day -- would it really have been so hard for them to include one of the most ubiquitous items on the planet on the tray? If they didn't have a cable handy, they could have just looked behind the nearest sofa to find one.
Oh they found me a charger, it just didn't work. The spare phone I used to post had no sim card but was an Android phone and could use Wifi. Another phone (my main one) and a tablet would not charge. So I plugged the spare phone in at 34% power, and several hours later, turned off mind you, it had 23% power! It's a VAMPIRE charger, it doesn't put power in, it sucks it away!
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ok ok ok - regarding the charger. If you see this pal, tell me the name of the phone you would like a charger for, please. I'll send you a new charger and some Starburst. As soon as you give me the address of where you currently are that shipment will be sent out, bro.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:18 pmTo quote The Bridgetender, "You are correct, sir!"
He's back!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Paul, when everything gets back to normal*, could you post a picture of the candy that arrived? I want to make sure you got everything, and I also want to see what six pounds of gummy bears looks like.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:30 pm Ok ok ok - regarding the charger. If you see this pal, tell me the name of the phone you would like a charger for, please.
I apologize for not responding to you sooner, but I did not see your message before until Flack pointed it out. I have an LG LML212VL, but since it accepts the same devices as my tablet, I presume it has a standard USB-C socket.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:30 pm I'll send you a new charger and some Starburst.
This should have convinced everyone that I never saw your message. While I (then) despirately needed a charger, and it would have been important, offering me free starburst is like telling a heroin addict you just got a fresh supply of Black Tar. I could not resist.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:30 pm As soon as you give me the address of where you currently are that shipment will be sent out, bro.
If you're still offering it, my address is back to

Paul Robinson
550 S. Carlin Springs Rd Rm 330B
Arlington, VA 22204-1022

(They actually do check the room number if it's wrong.)

Tying in with the above line about heroin addiction, I just thought of a joke, "I'm Jonseyin' for a fix, man, I gotta get me more Starburst." (Yes, I know the correct phrase is "Jonesyin' for a fix," I felt it works here.)
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:08 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:08 pm I want to thank whomever (you were not identified) sent me (forwarded from room 210) the wonderful - and probably expensive - bag and box of so many different types of tasty candy. I will probably gain several pounds, you really nice bastard. I actually thought it was a thoughtful gift, and I am touched.
Hey Paul, that was from me.
Okay, Flack, if I didn't express my appreciation to you before, thank you, you really nice bastard. ("Grumble, grumble, I'm gonna gain all this weight. Shut up, it's all so delicious!")

By the way, Flack, my response here is in keeping with my reputation that the nicer someone is to me, the worse I insult them. So actually I should probably insult you much worse as I was sincerely touched, so just accept my thanks to you and just figure I didn't insult you that badly because it was a reasonably nice gift. Calling someone, say, "a greasy motherfucker" is reserved for really fantastic gifts.
Flack wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:08 pm I told Amazon to include a note, but it appears they split the order up into multiple deliveries so it might have ended up in one of the other packages.
To quote Primus from my cartoon, "Those dirty, stinking @#$%@# %*&#@#s never included a &@#$%@& thing."
Flack wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:08 pm In all I sent two packs of Altoids, an 8 pack of Starburst mini fruit chews, a 6lb package of Black Forest Gummy Bears, and a big sack of York Peppermint Patties. I put the old room number on the order, so make sure they forward everything to you.
I got all of it, and have been a greedy little pig, basically sent my blood sugar levels through the roof, probably. Now I understand why people here are making THC-laced gummy bears, they are delicious and addictive even if they weren't psychoactive.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:01 pm If you're still offering it, my address is back to

Tying in with the above line about heroin addiction, I just thought of a joke, "I'm Jonseyin' for a fix, man, I gotta get me more Starburst." (Yes, I know the correct phrase is "Jonesyin' for a fix," I felt it works here.)
Order placed! Amazon said the Starburst should show up Thursday and the charger "June 2, 2020 - June 5, 2020"

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:01 pm Yes, I know the correct phrase is "Jonesyin' for a fix," I felt it works here.
You do not know what the correct phrase is. It's "jonesing" not "jonesyin". From "Mr. Jones" a slang term for heroine. Something I did not even know until just now because I had 3 seconds to spare to google something and because I care about this place. Get your shit together.