I am in temporary quarantine

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

I am in temporary quarantine

Post by Tdarcos »

I was normally in room 330B of this Nursing home. The staff has been taking everyone's temperature on a daily basis due to health concerns. Today I had a fever of 101. Per the Health Department they had to move me, and my roommate who has a fever of 99. My old room has to be disinfected. I have been told they will bring me my computer. I certainly hope so.

I've been worried about this because I've had a bit of a hard cough over the last probably 2-3 weeks or so.

I am told this quarantine is temporary, and will be effective for two weeks. I've been moved to room 210. This is a single room, of course.

But, at least my new room has a TV. I'm watching CNN for the first time in I think it's been 2 or 3 months. Did you know that there is a worldwide pandemic? That's apparently the only story. In fact, they're having breaking news about it.

I need to check MSNBC to see what their news is. I wonder if they have any exciting special reports about new events.

I already know what Fox News will be about. President Trump has done a perfect job, things are getting better, and these scurilous rumors of a pandemic are "fake news".

This message posted from a mobile phone.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: I am in temporary quarantine

Post by Casual Observer »

You don't need to bother watching MSNBC, they're just shitting on Dump 24/7.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Welcome to the club, Commander! It sucks!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

But is there a difference?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Huh. He's got a point. What are you doing less of now that you're in big Q, Commnader?

THE
WALKING THROUGH THE PARK
AND REMINISCING
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

Well for one thing the Skittle delivery guy's gonna be confused.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:59 pm Well for one thing the Skittle delivery guy's gonna be confused.
You're not paying attention, Flack. I have never bought Skittles for delivery, nor have I eaten any in probably 15-20 years. I have bought Starburst - which is an entirely different product - and beyond which, I have enough that I probably don't need to order any for at least a month, possibly two or more.

From the jingle: "Skittles are fruit chew middles, covered in a crisp candy coat." Starburst are all soft. It's like the difference between M&Ms and a Hershey bar.

This message posted from a mobile phone
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:26 pm Huh. He's got a point. What are you doing less of now that you're in big Q, Commnader?
Since I don't have my computer I'm making myself measurably stupider by watching TV.

In fact, I had to turn off FOX News and change channels because the level of blatant politically-oriented partisan stupidity was so high that I felt I was drowning. I was so upset at the obviously biased spin I was cursing out the TV.

I'm not sure if I"ve become more liberal or FOX has moved even further to the right - although I'm not sure how - but I used to watch FOX in order to hear both sides of the issue, being fully aware of the biases of MSNBC and FOX, and to a lesser degree, CNN.

Back when I was at my sister's place she had Dish Network satellite service. One of the channels I would watch was the English language propaganda service of the Communist Party of the People's Republic of China, CCTV9. The programs were high quality, well-produced, entertaining, and to the extent it had biases, they tend to be done with a light touch. I was still aware what was shown on CCTV9 was propaganda, even if it was an entertainment program.

FOX news could learn a lot about how to properly package propaganda from CCTV9 . Even the Communists know you don't really get others to look at your side if you push your agenda by using a sledge hammer.

But the commies haven't learned to use this method on their politics. Chinese responses to protests in Hong Hong match how FOX News pushes its propaganda: Blatantly without apologies and an iron fist without the velvet glove.

This message sent from a mobile phone
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:50 amI have bought Starburst , I have enough that I probably don't need to order any for at least a month, possibly two or more.
I just tried doing the math on how many starburst is enough for a month or two for Paul and got a bloody nose.