The Pinback Weight Loss Plan

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC

Re: The Pinback Weight Loss Plan

Post by RealNC »

Any advice? I have this huge bag of Doritos in the cabinet. I swear to god, it is talking to me. I'm not joking, I can actually hear it whispering to me in a very sensual female voice.

pinback

Post by pinback »

If you eat the entire bag, that will ensure that there are no more Doritos around, so you will no longer be tempted. That's the only sensible choice.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Pinback wrote:But after you start having success, which you will, and you stick to the other two points, you will enjoy the feeling of not being hungry more than any flavor that might pass your lips. The simple act of existing peacefully without hunger will become your greatest joy, and source of strength.
One thing I've gotten out of my period of not being able to eat that much due to drinking but has persisted now that I've returned to "normal" is that I've learned to actually enjoy the feeling of being hungry. Somehow I've trained my brain that the hunger feeling is a good one and to embrace it. So much so that when I watch movies where the person is in some kind of bind or just got lost in the wilderness and the first thing they absolutely have to do is find some food, I say "bullshit". You can go for weeks without eating as long as you have water. In fact, one 400+lb man in the UK went an entire year without eating to lose weight, he drank juice and ate vitimins and was just fine. Apparently he still farted and shit like a a champ for some reason (there's a whole article about this somewhere).
Pinback wrote:I've eliminated eating, other than dinner (cuz I eat with my family and it'd be weird not to), and two specific items. If I wake up hungry, I'll have a half cup of oatmeal, and if I'm hungry during the day, I'll have an apple. Other than that, for lunch and an afternoon snack I enjoy
YES! This is exactly my routine most days. I prefer grits though, having grown up largely in the south (instant are fine though, I don't know what the pickiness is with those people). When I'm working at home I never eat lunch but when I'm working in the office I do because I have to get out of there and enjoy the California weather just for a little bit.

The biggest benefit of hardly eating is you actually don't want to eat as much. I don't know if it's what some people say that "you shrunk your stomach" or what but somehow automatically the portions I want are smaller.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Agreed on all counts.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RealNC wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:11 pm Any advice? I have this huge bag of Doritos in the cabinet. I swear to god, it is talking to me. I'm not joking, I can actually hear it whispering to me in a very sensual female voice.
As someone who does not believe in anything supernatural, trust me, itr's the Voice of Satan, trying to tempt you into committing betrayal for 30 pieces of Cool Ranch.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:58 am If you eat the entire bag, that will ensure that there are no more Doritos around, so you will no longer be tempted. That's the only sensible choice.
"Get thee behind us, Satan." But leave the bag in front of us.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien