The Pinback Weight Loss Plan

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

The Pinback Weight Loss Plan

Post by pinback »

At this point, having achieved some continued, significant success, I thought I would reveal to you The Pinback Plan which has made it too easy to lose enough weight that the charts now only call me slightly obese instead of morbidly.

It is a simple, three point plan:

Point 1: Diet
============
If you were thinking of making a mistake, let me admonish you: make no mistake, without this part, none of it works. The other points of the plan are there to support the success of this point, which at its core is simply: don't eat much. I have not done a specific, formal count, but my guess is that my daily caloric intake is on or around the 1000 mark. Simply, and again: don't eat much. My daily routine is as follows:

- Breakfast: Nothing.
- Lunch: Two bananas, and 1/4 cup of unsalted, roasted peanuts.
- Dinner: Small/reasonable portion of whatever I've fixed up for dinner for the rest of the family. I make a normal, adult portion for Kathy, and then the same kids-portion for Mina and myself.
- Snacks: Occasionally, throughout the day, forkfuls of sauerkraut, a couple slices of deli turkey, a cup or two of chicken broth. Perhaps a few Dum-Dum lollipops. Low-calorie options to fill the tummy a little and trick the brain into thinking you ate anything worthwhile.
- After dinner/evening snacks: Nothing.
- Drinks: Zero/extremely low calorie drinks, whatever they are. In my case, diet soda, black coffee, and tea (no sugar/milk).

One thing you do have to give up, and naturally will after a while, is relying on food as a source of pleasure. Tasty stuff is good, but other than providing the basic nutrition and energy you require to go about the rest of your life, food is the enemy on this plan. You're fat because stuff tastes good and you get pleasure from it. That has to go, and food has to become a tool, a means to the end -- the end being, not feeling hungry anymore. That's it.

I did not set out with that intent, because it's impossible to convince yourself to not want the pleasure of a fine meal. But after you start having success, which you will, and you stick to the other two points, you will enjoy the feeling of not being hungry more than any flavor that might pass your lips. The simple act of existing peacefully without hunger will become your greatest joy, and source of strength.

Point 2: Nicotine gum
===================
I will never get rich off of this scheme because nobody would buy a diet plan that forces you to become addicted to nicotine. In my case, it helped because I was smoking there for a bit, and it definitely helps you stop. But what it also does, whether you're a smoker or not, is calm you down and suppress your appetite. For me, then, this is yet another tool to reach the desired state, that being -- peaceful, and not hungry. Plus, the constant chewing might be assisting the body in sending signals to the mind that, hey, we're eating, calm down. I don't know the science here, and the plan might be successful without this, but when I get a twinge, I have this option as a food substitute to calm things down. "YMMV", as they say. I hate when they say that.

Point 3: Meditation
================
This needn't be of a formal variety, but it must be consistent, and without it, it's impossible for me to imagine the process not being extremely difficult, if not impossible. Ultimately it involves pulling identification away from the various thoughts and feelings you're experiencing about food/dieting/hunger ("I am hungry, I want a cheeseburger, I hate dieting, this sucks") and instead identifying with the dimensionless awareness in which all of these phenomena occur. "There is hunger. There is desire. There is frustration." You become the silent witness beholding the process, rather than being the individual who is undergoing the process, to whom the results of and experience of the process are happening. The sky that the clouds float through, rather than the clouds themselves. Even the most difficult experiences are held within the dispassionate, unconditionally accepting space of awareness. From here, old patterns (reaching for a bag of chips at the slightest twinge of hunger or frustration, for instance) are allowed to dissolve, and the peace that the sky experiences even as the most powerful storm rolls through can shine brightly and bring the sense of acceptance and equanimity without which I have no idea how anyone could lose weight, ever.

Diet, nicotine gum, meditation. There ya go.

(Exercise has also been a big part, but this would work even without that.)
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Re: The Pinback Weight Loss Plan

Post by Billy Mays »

pinback wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:56 amDiet, nicotine gum, meditation. There ya go.
How would you modify your weight loss plan for someone like Tdarcos who doesn't have access to nicotine gum?

pinback

Post by pinback »

If he wants to lose weight, I'll try to put together a plan for him. Although it's taken me all of 2020 to lose thirty pounds so far, and he did it in like an hour. So who's the expert now?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Several points.

1. Your focus on diet is correct. If one drinks a typical milkshake, having about 800 calories, you can't exercise enough to burn off the calories that packs on. Well, you could, but we're talking about 90 minutes of continuous vigorous exercize like running or jogging. And that's just for one shake. Take a typical meal at McDonalds: Big Mac, fries and a shake, and we're talking a whopping 2,000 calories, the recommended entire daily intake for an adult. Continue on that kind of diet and you could be consuming 6,000 calories a day. Which to burn off the 4,000 excess would require 8 1/2 hours of continuous vigorous exercise, in which case you wouldn't have to worry about gaining weight, as your fat ass would be dead of a heart attack!

2. You should reverse breakfast and lunch. It's said that those who eat breakfast tend to eat less than those who skip breakfast.

3. Your choice of things to consume does not sound to me like a proper diet. Bananas and peanuts as your first meal of the day does not sound like anything proper to eat as something providing you with proper nutrition.

4. Drugging yourself to suppress appetite. Your body cries out for food for one of two reasons: either you have normal hunger from a reasonable healthy diet, or you've put yourself on a diet of "toxic food" (see the example meal from item #1) and your body is going through withdrawal for the chemicals with which they process food. You would notice which you have when hunger is not your stomach saying "Oh, by the way, you need to eat sometime in the near future, just a reminder," and instead it's more like "I'M STARVING HUNGRY AND I NEED TO EAT RIGHT FUCKING NOW! I NEED FOOD ASSISTANCE NOW! NOW, GODDAMMIT, NOW!"

Now taking drugs that suppress appetite can reduce hunger, it does not change your body's basic needs. There are various vitamins and minerals, plus 8 essential amino acids that your body cannot synthesize (manufacture on its own from oher foods) but must get through diet. There are probably a lot of people with full bellies but are suffering from malnutrition. Witness the increased number of lifestyle-triggered diseases we succumb to: cancer, heart disease, obesity, stroke and others.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

pinback

Post by pinback »

Here we see a giant, once-lumbering, now-immobile walrus of a man explaining to someone who has lost 100 pounds why his plan is a bad one and will not work.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

He's trying to help...somehow.

THE
I'M STARVING HUNGRY
AND I NEED TO EAT RIGHT FUCKING NOW!
AARDVARK

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:15 pm Several points.

1. Your focus on diet is correct. If one drinks a typical milkshake, having about 800 calories, you can't exercise enough to burn off the calories that packs on. Well, you could, but we're talking about 90 minutes of continuous vigorous exercize like running or jogging. And that's just for one shake. Take a typical meal at McDonalds: Big Mac, fries and a shake, and we're talking a whopping 2,000 calories, the recommended entire daily intake for an adult. Continue on that kind of diet and you could be consuming 6,000 calories a day. Which to burn off the 4,000 excess would require 8 1/2 hours of continuous vigorous exercise, in which case you wouldn't have to worry about gaining weight, as your fat ass would be dead of a heart attack!

2. You should reverse breakfast and lunch. It's said that those who eat breakfast tend to eat less than those who skip breakfast.

3. Your choice of things to consume does not sound to me like a proper diet. Bananas and peanuts as your first meal of the day does not sound like anything proper to eat as something providing you with proper nutrition.

4. Drugging yourself to suppress appetite. Your body cries out for food for one of two reasons: either you have normal hunger from a reasonable healthy diet, or you've put yourself on a diet of "toxic food" (see the example meal from item #1) and your body is going through withdrawal for the chemicals with which they process food. You would notice which you have when hunger is not your stomach saying "Oh, by the way, you need to eat sometime in the near future, just a reminder," and instead it's more like "I'M STARVING HUNGRY AND I NEED TO EAT RIGHT FUCKING NOW! I NEED FOOD ASSISTANCE NOW! NOW, GODDAMMIT, NOW!"

Now taking drugs that suppress appetite can reduce hunger, it does not change your body's basic needs. There are various vitamins and minerals, plus 8 essential amino acids that your body cannot synthesize (manufacture on its own from oher foods) but must get through diet. There are probably a lot of people with full bellies but are suffering from malnutrition. Witness the increased number of lifestyle-triggered diseases we succumb to: cancer, heart disease, obesity, stroke and others.
Wait, where do the pork patties fit into your plan?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Real quick, let me clarify here: This is not me suggesting my plan as a good one, or that anyone else should consider it, even if weight-loss is a goal of theirs. It is one that has worked for me, and as such I thought it might be useful or interesting for those who might take use or interest of such things.

Particularly, if you can do it without the nicotine gum, that's probably better, as it is expensive, and I'm guessing addictive.

The bananas and peanuts, though, that's gold, Jerry. Proteins, sugars, fats, carbs, vitamins, potassium? You're ready to go!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:20 pm Here we see a giant, once-lumbering, now-immobile walrus of a man explaining to someone who has lost 100 pounds why his plan is a bad one and will not work.
Please do not try to put your... words in my mouth, as I did not say it would not work, I just said I thought a few of the things (like skipping breakfast) and not eating healthy were not a good idea. It is possible to lose weight through improper means that does bad things to your body.

I would categoically predict no doctor has approved your diet method as you have not consulted one on this matter.

Please discontinue further attempts to put your words in my mouth, as I am not a wordsucker.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:28 pm Particularly, if you can do it without the nicotine gum, that's probably better, as it is expensive, and I'm guessing addictive.
Actually, nicotine is both poisonous and addictive. How poisonous? G. Gordon Liddy told on his radio show how the CIA trained him how to take a pack of cigarettes and extract the nicotine, as it would provide enough pure nicotine that if it was injected into a target, it would kill them.

However, in doing research on this, I discovered the commonly accepted lethal dose for an adult human of 60mg is probably untrue (as too low) as some smokers receive more than 60mg of nicotine in a single day, and I suspect Liddy never actually used the method as a means of assassination.

Some claim the lethal amount of nicotine for an adult human is more like 500mg or 1 gram. Even at that, it's still pretty lethal, for example, one gram of sugar is about 1/5 of a teaspoon. For comparison, the lethal dose of strychnine (rat poison) for an adult human is about 6 grams.

As for addictive, what I have heard is it's more addictive than heroin. In fact, when you smoke, nicotine gets into the bloodstream, and within seconds of the first puff, reaches the brain and triggers pleasure receptors (think of a key turning a lock) to release dopamine, producing euphoria. But it doesn't last long, whereupon your brain's receptors are crying out (more like screaming) for more nicotine, and the longer you smoke, the more receptors that want nicotine, thus it bcomes harder to quit.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

As a nicotine addict I agree. I quit smoking cigarettes almost 2 years ago, but man is it hard to put down the vape.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

I cannot have imagined this thread going worse.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

pinback wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:12 am I cannot have imagined this thread going worse.
Well, here you go then...

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:51 pmG. Gordon Liddy told on his radio show how the CIA trained him how to take a pack of cigarettes and extract the nicotine, as it would provide enough pure nicotine that if it was injected into a target, it would kill them.
I don't understand a situation where you would have access to the lab equipment necessary to do this, but not a baseball sized rock which is about as conspicuous as a syringe?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Can we split this post so only the original monologue exists? I hate this place. Nothing works here.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Meditation would help right now.

What's that from? The I hate this place nothing works here thing. I've heard it before somewhere but don't know

pinback

Post by pinback »

pinback

Post by pinback »

I've eliminated eating, other than dinner (cuz I eat with my family and it'd be weird not to), and two specific items. If I wake up hungry, I'll have a half cup of oatmeal, and if I'm hungry during the day, I'll have an apple. Other than that, for lunch and an afternoon snack I enjoy:

1. SOYLENT (original flavor) MEAL REPLACEMENT GOO
2. ENSURE (milk chocolate flavor) HIGH-PROTEIN MEAL REPLACEMENT GOO

These are fine, nutritious goos that I would recommend to anyone.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Soylent Goo is PEOPLE!!!!!

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

He flattened his curves.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You still doing OK in all this, CGG?