Halloween card!

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Halloween card!

Post by AArdvark »

This is a personal first for me! I have never, ever in my life* received a Halloween card until today. Thank you RobB.

I understand why you moved to where you did if that's an average view from your house. Fantastic!

In the first ten seconds of looking a the picture I thought you were an all-powerful magii. Who else but a wizard could wrangle four dogs and two cats to hold still after draping sheets over them. The card is awesome! Thank you thank you!

THE
OVERWHELMED
AARDVARK

*my brother is a Nevada Centennial Baby and every Halloween it's always been about him

pinback

Re: Halloween card!

Post by pinback »

I also received a card. Kathy commented "when did Robb turn into Mandy Patinkin?"

But thank you, that was very kind and hilarious.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Mandy Patinkin. All righty. Better than my brother's take, which was "paraplegic Bill James."

If you did not get a card it's either because we didn't have your new address and you gave it to me over IRC and one is on its way or my wife prioritized you under the eight million people in her family and you should really take it up with her.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Baseball writer Bill James?

Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:18 pm Baseball writer Bill James?
Yeah. He wrote a book with his daughter about catching a serial killer that I would recommend to you if you haven't read it already.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:59 pm
AArdvark wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:18 pm Baseball writer Bill James?
Yeah. He wrote a book with his daughter about catching a serial killer that I would recommend to you if you haven't read it already.
"The California Raisins and Snap! Crackle! and Pop! found murdered. Police suspect a Cereal Killer."

When you mentioned the above book reference, I Amazoned¹ for it by typing bill james serial killer in the seaarch box for the Books Department. The result was The Man From the Train. a book that looked and sounded familiar. When I read the blurb, I knew why. I had seen the book on C-SPAN's Book TV series which caused me to buy it as a present for my sister (who has a big fascination with serial killers) a few years ago.

- - - -
¹ When you use Amazon to search for something rather than Googling it. Especially since it's a book.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

I did not receive a card.

Ice Cream Jonsey

ChainGangGuy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:30 pm I did not receive a card.
You should have, let me check my notes.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I didn't get a card (and I wasn't expecting one), but I did get a bill from the place I was staying at in Riverdale Park, MD for over $4,000. Probably for some part of my stay that Medicare didn't cover. Since I can.t pay it, I sent that "invitation" to the wastebasket.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:10 am I didn't get a card (and I wasn't expecting one), but I did get a bill from the place I was staying at in Riverdale Park, MD for over $4,000. Probably for some part of my stay that Medicare didn't cover. Since I can.t pay it, I sent that "invitation" to the wastebasket.
I don't know your address! Send that to me and I'll send you a card, my friend.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Suck it, Riverdale!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:45 am
Paul Robinson
550 S. Carlin Springs Road Room 330B
Arlington VA 22204-1022

By the way, my birthday is Nov. 27 so if you'd rather send a birthday card (or both!) I won't be disappointed. If I get anything I'm pleased. Even junk mail and bills are a nice distraction In My Lonely Room¹.

Once the novelty of seeing the hilariously outrageous amounts they think they can collect from me wears off (about 30 seconds), I toss the bill in the wastebasket In My Room².

Or since there's nobidy on this board named Charles, and the items are refuse, I can safely say I chuck the bills in the wastebasket. This means every time the maids remove and lift the plastic bag from the trash can, they are performing an up chuck. Yes, I know, that was a sickening pun.

- - - -
¹ Martha and the Vandellas, The Supremes, Phil Collins, among others
² The Beach Boys, from the 1962 album Surfer Girl
- J.R.R. Tolkien

pinback

Post by pinback »

Where?

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

ChainGangGuy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:30 pm I did not receive a card.
We were off by (only) 4500 house numbers on your address, so a replacement card is on your way, sir. Please let Amy and Ohio know that our records have been updated!!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:45 am
Paul Robinson
550 S. Carlin Springs Road Room 330B
Arlington VA 22204-1022

By the way, my birthday is Nov. 27 so if you'd rather send a birthday card (or both!) I won't be disappointed. If I get anything I'm pleased. Even junk mail and bills are a nice distraction In My Lonely Room¹.

Once the novelty of seeing the hilariously outrageous amounts they think they can collect from me wears off (about 30 seconds), I toss the bill in the wastebasket In My Room².

Or since there's nobidy on this board named Charles, and the items are refuse, I can safely say I chuck the bills in the wastebasket. This means every time the maids remove and lift the plastic bag from the trash can, they are performing an up chuck. Yes, I know, that was a sickening pun.

- - - -
¹ Martha and the Vandellas, The Supremes, Phil Collins, among others
² The Beach Boys, from the 1962 album Surfer Girl
Rando question. Do you have a Kindle? I've got a couple old ones around here somewhere. I could load it up with thousands of books for you if you wanted. It's gonna take me a little while to do it, and I should probably confirm that I can actually find it, but I can try that if you think that would be useful for you, buddy?

Flack

Post by Flack »

My card arrived yesterday. Thanks so much! And the gift card couldn't have come at a better time!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:52 am Rando question. Do you have a Kindle?
No, I have the Kindle software installed on my 10.1 inch tablet and my PC. With a multipurpose Android tablet selling for a quite reasonable $54.85 with 8gb of ram and 128gb of flash, it's got a bigger screen and (probably) more space than a Kindle for about ⅓ the price. And I can use it for lots of other things besides reading e-books.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:52 am I've got a couple old ones around here somewhere. I could load it up with thousands of books for you if you wanted. It's gonna take me a little while to do it, and I should probably confirm that I can actually find it, but I can try that if you think that would be useful for you, buddy?
I would absolutely love to get a Kindle, I can compare how e-books look there on an actual one and here on a tablet. With lots more books to read it would keep me busy. If you're able to do it, I would definitely appreciate it. The cost of a new one was out of the question, and even a used one was too expensive given my limited budget.

I can also test how my upcoming books I will complete writing would format on an actual Kindle and check for differences between the two. In addition to The Takeover Man, I have currently three more books (Marnie; Don't Break the Merger; Willis and Friends) in various stages of completion. I need to find some way to make some money, and writing books looks like about the only thing left I can do.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 am Or since there's nobidy on this board named Charles, and the items are refuse, I can safely say I chuck the bills in the wastebasket.
My name is Charles, I go by "Chuk" for eminently terrible reasons.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

I have received a card.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

The Happiness Engine wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 am Or since there's nobidy on this board named Charles, and the items are refuse, I can safely say I chuck the bills in the wastebasket.
My name is Charles, I go by "Chuk" for eminently terrible reasons.
Okay, if you leave a small tip at an expensive dinner in a restaurant, they'll call you Two-buck Chuck. When you met the woman who would become your fiancee, people sang Chuckie's in Love. Your wife is the Bride of Chucky. If you reach into a running garbage disposal you have ground chuck. When you rise from a chair people look for a towel because you have up chucked.

If you are unhappy about these puns, you may proceed to chuck me under the bus.
- J.R.R. Tolkien