I have been incommunicado

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

guest tdarcos

I have been incommunicado

Post by guest tdarcos »

About two weeks ago Friday night a car crashed into the front brick wall of my house. On Saturday morning when we realized what it was someone called the landlord who came over and called the police. They brought a county inspector who decided the damage to the 3' of brickwork and a huge floor-to-ceiling crack in the front wall of the living room made the house temporarily uninhabitable. I called the main number for homeless services and initially they had nothing available, not even overflow housing (I'm not broke, I have money and credit cards but I don't have the resources to pay for several days or weeks of motel rooms at $80-$100 a night. Saw one: Motel 6 Hampton Park Rd Capitol Heights, $79.99 nightly.) I suggested maybe Prince George's House, I had been there 9 years earlier and at that time they had an extra cot. But in any case they suggested I try again the next day (Sunday).

About an hour later they called me back, they'd found an opening for me at Prince George's House. They asked how soon I could get there. It was about 11 am and I said probably 3 or 4, what with Saturday bus service and Metrorail doing 1/2 service with single tracking. I did get there about 2:30.

More details later as I have the opportunity

Paul

pinback

Re: I have been incommunicado

Post by pinback »

Jesus! It's always something, ain't it my man? What a horrible break. Any idea how long before you can move back into your place?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I thought Princes live in castles?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Why can't someone get this man an account he can use for emergencies like this?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:52 pm Why can't someone get this man an account he can use for emergencies like this?
Yeah, har-de-har-de-har. To misquote Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction: "Pretty please with sugar on it, restore my fuckin' emergency account."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.