I’m finally quitting cigarettes

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

I’m finally quitting cigarettes

Post by Jizaboz »

Looks like this is happening. 24 hours in.. no desire for a cigarette. Already getting annoyed certain rooms smell bad from smoking history.

If I don’t buy any, I won’t smoke them. No other smokers around me 90 percent of the time.

Thanks to the Chinese for cheap vape tech. My battery is holding up strong.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Re: I’m finally quitting cigarettes

Post by Jizaboz »

Still fine. No desire for a cigarette. No desire to commit homicide or suicide either!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Good for you! Quitting smoking is the worse thing ever!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Jiz, what can Billy and Paul do to make your experience easier in quitting smoking? What can those two do for you to brighten your day instead of the misery they so often darken it with?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I'm down with anything I can do to help.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

It really hasn't been tough at all Aardvark.. despite the fact I've smoked every day since I was 13 and am now 39. I just finally got sick of it and felt stupid vaping all day up to the evening, then chain-smoking like a madman as I had my evening beers. The price keeps going up and they certainly don't smell or even burn like they used to when I really enjoyed them.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:28 pm Jiz, what can Billy and Paul do to make your experience easier in quitting smoking? What can those two do for you to brighten your day instead of the misery they so often darken it with?
I'd say post pictures of random adult movie stars from the 1960s-1980s but I've got another forum I can visit for that. Things here are cool. I don't get half as angry here as I do standing in line at the grocery store behind some jackass that wants cash back.. decides he then wants more cash back.. then the register runs out of receipt tape and ARGHGHGHG
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

*FEMALE movie stars. Got to catch that before someone decides to get clever.

Also, morning 3 with no cigarettes! Was kinda neat not coughing first thing when I sat up this morning.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

May the vape be with you.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I am glad Jiz posted his age. After meeting him, my wife asked me how old he was and I guessed somewhere between 27 and 42. I'm pretty bad at that game.

My uncle essentially died from complications associated with COPD and now my dad has it. Count me in the group that will do anything to help you on your new path to clean air and healthy lungs. If you find the urge to smoke coming back, stop what you're doing and go pick something off of Amazon you would rather have instead and I will send it to you. And by something I mean a box of suckers or atomic fireballs or something, not a new laptop. Did I mention how much this move is costing me?
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Jiz needs a box of fireballs immediately. I think we have found the 2018 Jolt Country Charity.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Thanks dudes.

Yeah Flack. Eh.. 27, 42.. close enough heh-heh. I hope those 17 thousand pounds don't end up costing you nearly 17 thousand British pounds. That sucks about your dad and uncle. Lung cancer got one of my uncles pretty brutal. Living in New York city most his life and always chain smoking in small enclosed areas got him in his late 60s.

Also, I actually really like fireballs!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

Hang in there until Sunday!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Hell yeah! Very awesome of you man during your moving frenzy. Thank you very much. It's now 1:00am on Monday (I drove out to the trailer park again and just got here a bit before midnight). Still going strong! Got a new pineapple flavor vape I'm digging.

My first real craving came Saturday! Dad wanted me to drive him to pick up his motorcycle from the shop, and about halfway there he was like "Mind if I smoke if I roll the window down?" Lately most of the time he vapes as well and has been good about it but when something bad hits the fan he says fuggit and buys cigarettes for a few days. Instantly I was like "Yeah sure! No problem." As soon as he lit up though.. and he was smoking my brand (Winston lights) I could smell that sweet tobacco smell and damn if I wasn't really tempted to bum one. But I thought 1: It's not gonna taste as good as it smells now that I'm used to vaping. 2. I'm going to have instant regret and look weak. Took a few hard pulls off the vape.. and was fine!

It did make me think though.. and the chick that runs my local vape pipe also brought it up.. sometimes it's ok to have something like a cigar or a pipe at times like Christmas when family members smoke after dinner. With that I can at least experience the smell and flavor of the tobacco (though like she says it won't taste as good as it once did) on rare, special occasions without inhaling that toxic mix of free radicals. Emphasis on rare. I don't want to smell like Black & Mild or Captain Black. Plus, anything made from tobacco is taxed stupid. But cigarettes? No. I will never buy another pack of cigarettes.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

Awesome! Great choices!

I got a notification 30 seconds ago that the fireballs were left on your back porch.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Jizaboz wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:33 pmIt did make me think though.. and the chick that runs my local vape pipe also brought it up.. sometimes it's ok to have something like a cigar or a pipe at times like Christmas when family members smoke after dinner.
Cigars and pipes are mostly not inhaled, so it doesn't really do much if you're a cigarette smoker. Are you really after the taste of tobacco when smoking cigarettes? The only thing I was after was the throat hit. The taste never did anything for me. It's the sweet, sweet throat hit when inhaling. Which is why IMO vaping works so well. Get the right juice and the right gear, and the throat hit is indistinguishable to a cigarette.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Yup, my girlfriend picked em up Flack! I'll get into them when I get home tomorrow night :)
RealNC wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:54 am Cigars and pipes are mostly not inhaled, so it doesn't really do much if you're a cigarette smoker. Are you really after the taste of tobacco when smoking cigarettes? The only thing I was after was the throat hit. The taste never did anything for me. It's the sweet, sweet throat hit when inhaling. Which is why IMO vaping works so well. Get the right juice and the right gear, and the throat hit is indistinguishable to a cigarette.
Yeah it's hard to describe exactly what it is.. the smell and the actual burning perhaps? Which yeah, is stupid but perhaps it's because I liked being in the room when my grandfather smoked pipes as a kid or something. I've tried "tobacco" flavored vapes.. especially when I first started but they all seemed off to me somehow. Is there a particular one you would recommend? I'd be willing to bet if I was a menthol smoker though it would be much easier to match. Oh well, strawberry and pineapple seems to do the job ok.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

The best ones I ever tried are Halo Prime 15 and Halo Torque. They are not very suitable for lung inhaling though. They pretty much need a high ohm coil (1.8 is good), a tiny air flow so it feels like you're taking a cigarette hit, and 12mg or 18mg nicotine content. Basically you vape it like you smoke cigarettes. You draw a bit with your mouth, then inhale shortly and exhale. Just like cigarettes.

The whole "direct to lung" inhaling thing doesn't work for me. It doesn't feel like I'm smoking.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I had to give up my pipe after a friend of mine got teh cancer. Now I don't know why I ever thought it was cool.

THE
BORKUM RIFF
AARDVARK

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

RealNC wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:54 am Is there a particular one you would recommend?
Heavy Hitters OG Kush cartridge.

Oh, wait, wrong thread probably.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

RealNC: Interesting. I'm on 1.6 coils I want to say buy about to get a new thing that leaks less. I always go with 18 mg vape as it's close to the nicotine content I used to get with coffin nails. And YEAH I get what you mean by the "direct to lung" thing. I've always pulled, then inhaled yet know numerous people that do smoking beer-bong style haha.

I've recently dreamed about if I ever do touch a cigarette again it's because I'm offered one in Japan for free and I don't bother inhaling like the "Smoking Man" from the X-Files, but that's about as likely as Paris Hilton offering me a bump of cocaine.

Aardvark: Also interesting. Cancer of which region/organ? Without ever inhaling? I'm assuming perhaps throat cancer like people get that and mouth cancer from chewing/dipping?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻