Gas pump commercials

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Gas pump commercials

Post by AArdvark »

I just saw this on the way home from vacation and I find it to be a disturbing trend. While filling up the car I had commercials played at me from a video screen set into the gas pump. I don't mean simply text but full color youtube style ads. There was some energy drink, Yogi Bear tried to get a mortgage and a third one I didn't pay attention to.
It's time to gather the pitchforks and torches and march!

In a relate note... Twitch will be discontinuing ad-free subscriptions. No matter how much you pay them you will still have advertising pushed at you. Food for thought, eh? Reminds me of 'They Live'.

Small wonder the youth of today go everywhere wearing headphones.

THE
NEW NORMAL IS 'SLEEP!'
AARDVARK

Flack

Re: Gas pump commercials

Post by Flack »

Get with the program and OBEY.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

pinback

Post by pinback »

In a relate note... Twitch will be discontinuing ad-free subscriptions.
Only for Twitch Prime subscribers.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I'm kind of surprised we got those here before you were seeing them in New York. Though I did see them first at Speedway gas stations out at the coast where my trailer is at least half a year before we got them at the Sheetz gas station or Speedway back home.

Like you Aardvark I was pissed off when I first witnessed it! If anything, I can't stand distractions when I am handling flammable liquids and making a credit card transaction. I could rage forever about advertising I don't want to see.

The good news is though I've been dealing with these over a year now and I don't even need headphones. Eventually your brain just kind of turns off paying attention to the stupid screen and the audio and all and instead you stare at the scenery or the gas meter.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

I've seen these for years, and it never occurred to me to turn them into a problem.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Then it's already too late for you, mein frueind.

Remember when you could go to a movie and NOT see ads? Well I do, and it was better.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:45 pm In a relate note... Twitch will be discontinuing ad-free subscriptions. No matter how much you pay them you will still have advertising pushed at you. Food for thought, eh? Reminds me of 'They Live'.
Flack wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:04 pm Get with the program and OBEY.
Let's not forget, 'OBEY' is now a brand of clothing.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.