It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Celebrity Monologues

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21056
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Hello and welcome to my thread, "User feedback." In this thread I will be presenting hard truths, uncomfortable knowledge and difficult statements to everyone who posts in it. This is how this will work:

- Paul will immediately post in the thread and it will probably be completely off-topic
- I will give him some "User feedback." This feedback will be unrelated to whatever it is he is talking about.
- Others will, I hope, chime in
- They (you!) will get "User feedback." as well.

The goal of this thread is to not make enemies, it's to strengthen our bonds as a community. You won't like what you hear in this thread, UNLESS IT IS DIRECTED TOWARDS SOMEONE ELSE. In that case, you'll agree that it needs to be said. The only "rule" is that we can only discuss the people who post here in good faith- so no hacking.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by Billy Mays » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 pm

worst of.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21056
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:38 pm

You're the only one I'm 100% happy with.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 12777
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by pinback » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:41 am

This is a community I've been a part of since I can remember, and I've strived to bring fresh content to it whenever possible. However, I would like to know how I might better myself for the betterment of the community. Thank you.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 4935
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by Tdarcos » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 am

pinback wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:41 am
This is a community I've been a part of since I can remember, and I've strived to bring fresh content to it whenever possible. However, I would like to know how I might better myself for the betterment of the community. Thank you.
Figure out how to be less nasty, mean, cruel or derisive. One small example: if someone says something you think is stupid, unfounded or erroneous, say that, do not call the person stupid, crazy or wrong.

So remember: avoid ad hominem attacks, you fat alcoholic. This is a silly example of a self-demonstrating article.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 12777
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by pinback » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 am

Actually I was looking for Robb's user feedback, which is what this thread is for. I find your use of the thread unfounded and erroneous.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 4935
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by Tdarcos » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:18 am

pinback wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 am
Actually I was looking for Robb's user feedback, which is what this thread is for.
Bzzzt! Sorry, your answer is incorrect! No such restriction was imposed by the thread's creator. You are hereby penalized five demerits.
I find your use of the thread unfounded and erroneous.
Now that's more like it! Had you been like that before you'd have had less acrimonious responses. For your excellent attempt I credit you for five demerits.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
The Happiness Engine
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by The Happiness Engine » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:36 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:18 am
pinback wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 am
Actually I was looking for Robb's user feedback, which is what this thread is for.
Bzzzt! Sorry, your answer is incorrect! No such restriction was imposed by the thread's creator. You are hereby penalized five demerits.
"Paul will immediately post in the thread and it will probably be completely off-topic"

So, so close.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21056
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:39 pm

pinback wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:41 am
This is a community I've been a part of since I can remember, and I've strived to bring fresh content to it whenever possible. However, I would like to know how I might better myself for the betterment of the community. Thank you.
How could I suggest you change a thing? Your kindness and ability to work with anyone on any topic here in the forum is legendary. We all enjoy the recipes and in fact I think *I* need to improve the ability to search for them!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 12777
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by pinback » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:17 pm

I do not feel my user feedback was genuine. I know the sysop blames me for "running off" many of his favorite users.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21056
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: It's Time for some Userlist Feedback

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 am
pinback wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:41 am
This is a community I've been a part of since I can remember, and I've strived to bring fresh content to it whenever possible. However, I would like to know how I might better myself for the betterment of the community. Thank you.
Figure out how to be less nasty, mean, cruel or derisive. One small example: if someone says something you think is stupid, unfounded or erroneous, say that, do not call the person stupid, crazy or wrong.

So remember: avoid ad hominem attacks, you fat alcoholic. This is a silly example of a self-demonstrating article.
More cooking videos! We genuinely enjoy the cooking videos.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Post Reply