CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner driver install Windows 7

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner driver install Windows 7

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Because nobody can keep things on the Internet but me, I am going to copy the text so the next time I need my scanner working for Windows 7 I have it.

https://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/610 ... river.html

Saved here, too: https://archive.fo/oBQr6
Hi,

I figured out how to get this scanner to work in Vista 64 about a year ago and have now got it working in Windows 7 x64. So in case you didn't see my Vista post i thought I'd post it in here also.

It uses the Canoscan LiDE 60 scanner 64bit driver:

Files required: Winrar, lide60vst6411111a_64en. Canoscan Toolbox 4.9 or 4.5

Use Winrar, right click the file and select Extract to lide60vst6411111a_64en\

Open the folder it creates 'ide60vst6411111a_64en'

Inside the folder you'll find SetupSG.exe, extract it the same way again and you will find the driver

Go to your Device Manager (right click Computer - select Manage)

Plug in the scanner so you can see it pop up in the Device Manager

Right click it, Update / Install driver

Select Browse my computer for driver then Let me pick from a list of drivers, just select 'All' then click OK

Select Have Disk then Browse and select the CNQL60.INF file inside the SetupSG folder.

It will say that it isnt the correct driver and may not work..... but its lying
What would it take Canon, by the way, a giant corporation making tons of money, to put out an official LiDE 35 driver so that people didn't need to do the above? One web programmer an hour? Thanks guys, I'll make sure to never buy your products again, except for cameras and lenses, of which I am becoming completely addicted.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!