I'm back, let's talk about the new direction of this BBS

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

I'm back, let's talk about the new direction of this BBS

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Had some pretty bad stomach pain on Tuesday and checked myself into the emergency room. Events happened and on Wednesday I went under a general anesthesia and got gallstones scoped out of my body. On Thursday I went under a general anesthesia and got my gallbladder removed.

As a result, this is now going to be a bulletin board that caters SPECIFICALLY TO THE GALLBLADDERLESS. In all the time running this BBS I've never asked for a single donation, except in that one fake thread that Tdarcos ruined, and even then it was of a non-monetary kind. So know that I am serious when I say that if you have a gallbladder, they don't want you around Jolt Country any more.

Because I have decided to be open and honest with my new condition, I realize that many of you will attempt to muddy the works and make false claims about your own bodies. I know what I had been eating and they took mine out. There's no way we got a full set of gallbladders here, based on what all y'all are writing. Come on. So there will be an amnesty period of two days.

Beyond that, for anyone continuing to post here: keep in mind that I am working on dossiers and will be hiring private eyes to investigate the number of organs in your bodies. So I am going to need some home addresses and get someone to definitively say if humans can sometimes have a pair of gallbladders or not.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Was your gallbladder overloaded due to the continuous posting of venomous, hateful bile here?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

My wife had her gallbladder out five, six years ago, does that count?

Still got all my organs, although I'm working on the liver.

So did you turn all yellow when it got bad? What recovery medications are you taking? Does it suck to not enjoy rich foods anymore?

THE
BEEF STROGANOFF
AND ICE CREAM
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I had my gallbladder removed when I was about two weeks old. It's a common practice for religious reasons where the gallbladder that covers the head of the penis is removed.

The fact other people (mis)spell "gallbladder" as "foreskin" is not my problem. I had my gallbladder removed. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I once lost a fingernail. It's back now.

That counts though, right?

pinback

Post by pinback »

I lost my childhood sense of wonder.

:(
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

What kind of organ was that?

THE
WURLITZER
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

ChainGangGuy wrote:Was your gallbladder overloaded due to the continuous posting of venomous, hateful bile here?
I did make a promise to God to not enrage strangers on the Internet if I made it out alive, which I did. So that chapter of my life is over, along with the constant chicken wings.

Ice Cream Jonsey

UPDATE: Most of you that are left have confirmed that you're missing a body part. While that technically doesn't meet the initial direction of the BBS, I'll take it. I'll take it.

Two people got waivers but I looked into a clear pond and RealNC, you're fine: the lungs come out in 2021. Might want to lease and not buy future vape pens. Vark only qualifies because his wife lost an organ but hell, our Bible studies said she stole one of his ribs so it evens out.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I had my tonsils taken out May 24, 1983. I only remember the date because it was the day before Return of the Jedi opened in theaters. My dad checked me out of the hospital and while the entire theater cheered for Luke all I could do is whisper "water" over and over.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."