Finding Alex Bell, or something

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Finding Alex Bell, or something

Post by AArdvark »

OOoo! Look what I found. What do you suppose I could DO with that?

THE
LONG DISTANCE
PROJECT
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I mean... you could make it move with wheels. Can you make it fly? Are you gonna make a drone out of it??
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Andy Warhol

Post by Andy Warhol »

You can talk to God with it.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ok Vark, here you go:

Put a Raspberry Pi inside it and figure out a way to use the dial to allow you to dial up a specific song. The easiest thing would be to have 10 songs and each number picks a different one, or if you could figure out a way to stack numbers you could do 100 or even 1,000 songs. Then you could just dial your favorite song, hold the receiver to your ear, and listen away.

My other idea was to wire it to a Pi (or Arduino, or whatever) that can interface to a motor and have it become like a keypad to unlock something.

Neither of these ideas have any practical use, which is what makes them fantastic.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I thought, stick some relays and such to turn the dial and hook switch into the equivalent feature on a cell phone so you could put one inside and use it like one. But I'd forgotten that much of the network control moved from the network on POTS phones to the customer units on cell phones that the idea itself wouldn't work.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Well, the whole point of a cell phone is to be able to move anywhere while you use it. I could just have my land line activated if I wanted to use the artifact as a phone. ( I love calling it an artifact!)

Part of the last phone I had went into my toaster. Now it dings when the toast pops up. See, I used to have The Brave Little Toaster, complete with dingbell.

it finally broke and I could NOT find another toaster with a dingbell so I had to make one.

Thought briefly of making it into some kind of drone...but I have a plastic owl in my garage that's slated for that already.

Hmmmmm, Instead of listening to music I was thinking of maybe dial-a-joke. You pick up the handset and get a clip from the millions of television shows, movies and comedian performances available on teh internet.

I could do that with a Pi and a portable hard drive.

Or maybe that's my new secondary ethernet router case.

THE
POSSIBILITIES
ARE ENDLESS
AARDVARK