My top 100 favorite songs.

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Post by pinback »

Billy Mays wrote:Also, I have been absolutely crushing it with my picks.
Okay.
Billy Mays wrote:#29 Kenny Loggins - Footloose
[youtube][/youtube]
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

There were a few missed opportunities, a handful of impulse picks, but overall a pretty solid list with still plenty of breathing room to catch up. Plus it doesn't even matter anyways because I think maybe only Jonsey is going to actually follow the 100 song limit, I personally am going to be be posting songs here on this topic for decades.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#53 Letters To Cleo - Here And Now

My original #53 got yanked, so I am replacing it with this song from the 90's that you can still blast on your car stereo during a road trip to this day. When I listen to a song in my car, everybody listens to a song.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#28 Rush - YYZ

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#27 PETER CETERA & AMY GRANT - The Next Time I Fall

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#26 Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'

This song is fun because you can modify it and sing it to whatever you are doing at the time....jive talkin', I'm postin' the board, jive talkin', I don't know a chord...just pretty much say jive talkin' followed by 5 syllables, rinse and repeat forever.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#25 Led Zeppelin - Moby Dick

The greatest drum solo from the greatest drummer of all time.

[youtube][/youtube]

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Billy Mays wrote: (...) this song from the 90's that you can still blast on your car stereo during a road trip to this day. When I listen to a song in my car, everybody listens to a song.
In one fell swoop, you were able to tell us why:

1. All of your friends groan when they realize you are the last chance they have of getting a ride.

2. Included in the top 5 of reasons your ex's moved on was "Would blast "I don't want to miss a thing" during sex."

3. Have no concept of actual 90s' music. Really, it needs more random drum synth and infinite camera close ups... Such as:

[youtube][/youtube]
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroRomper wrote:
Billy Mays wrote: (...) this song from the 90's that you can still blast on your car stereo during a road trip to this day. When I listen to a song in my car, everybody listens to a song.
In one fell swoop, you were able to tell us why:

1. All of your friends groan when they realize you are the last chance they have of getting a ride.

2. Included in the top 5 of reasons your ex's moved on was "Would blast "I don't want to miss a thing" during sex."

3. Have no concept of actual 90s' music. Really, it needs more random drum synth and infinite camera close ups... Such as:

[youtube][/youtube]

Just get some help man, life is beautiful.

RetroR

Post by RetroR »

Those teeth you have been using to chew into everyone on the forum have turned out to be dentures?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#25 Led Zeppelin - Moby Dick

The greatest drum solo ever from the greatest drummer ever.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RetroR wrote:Those teeth you have been using to chew into everyone on the forum have turned out to be dentures?
I didn't have shit to do with pinback leaving. The man clearly has some real life issues that are getting the best of him. I probably didn't help matters much, but that's just the way it is.

I know where you are coming from. Go see a doctor. Life is a beautiful thing.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote:#26 Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'

This song is fun because you can modify it and sing it to whatever you are doing at the time....jive talkin', I'm postin' the board, jive talkin', I don't know a chord...just pretty much say jive talkin' followed by 5 syllables, rinse and repeat forever.
1. That's "lather, rinse, repeat."

2. The song is even funnier - and still works - if you substitute "bullshit" for "jive talkin'" becauae they're both two syllables.

Bull shit
You're telling me lies, yeah
Bull shit
You wear a disguise
Bull shit
So misunderstood, yeah
Bull shit
You just ain't no good
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote:2. The song is even funnier - and still works - if you substitute "bullshit" for "jive talkin'" becauae they're both two syllables.
No Paul, it is not better. Firstly because "bullshit" has two syllables and "jive talkin'" has three. And secondly, by the time you make the leap from jive talkin' to bullshit, you are no longer doing a song parody because you are so far removed from the song and you are just rambling to yourself.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote:No Paul, it is not better... has two syllables and "jive talkin'" has three. And secondly, you are bullshitting yourself.
You are correct, and I apologize, I'm having a bad head cold and my left ear canal hurts like a fuckin' toothache. I woke up just now, feeling like I just came off a three-day bender. Is there such a thing as "common cold narcosis"? If not, I guess it compromizized my anti-asshole system, the way some diseases compromise the immune system.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

You're not an asshole Paul, I am an asshole. You just get a thrill out of pressing peoples' buttons sometimes which makes you kind of a dick, but compared to the shitty way people treat you, you are a saint by comparison.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Nevermind, I read you post wrong. Either way.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#24 Anton Szandor LaVey - "A Big Top Medley"

Before founding the Church of Satan and rubbing elbows with Hollywood's elite, Anton LaVey was a carny organist. I like the little smile he gives the camera at the beginning, he demonstrated showmanship till his final breath.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#23 Manowar - Blood Of My Enemies

If your DM isn't playing Manowar, then they are a complete bitch and your campaign is about to be shit.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

S.O.D. - Shenanigans

[youtube][/youtube]