My top 100 favorite songs.

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#40 Megadeth - Tornado of Souls

From a perfect album start to finish. Mind bending.

[youtube][/youtube]

pinback

Post by pinback »

Billy Mays wrote:#52 Nirvana - Milk It

[youtube][/youtube]
The only Nirvana song that would be in my top 100, and I'm happy to see it here.

As much as I dislike this particular thread (not the top 100s themselves, just this one) I have a feeling that it will contain more songs I agree with than the other two.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

pinback wrote:The only Nirvana song that would be in my top 100, and I'm happy to see it here.
Thank you. Nirvana got better the muddier the studios allowed them to get with their songs.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#39 EQUILIBRIUM - Blut Im Auge

They hit the top 10 in Europe after launching their second album, then they soon broke up after that (about 7 years ago?), and then they reformed with a new singer and a new guitar player. They sound like an arts and crafts band last I heard them from album three, maybe they got better? I don't know, I stopped following them.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#38 MESHUGGAH - Bleed

A live performance because there is no fucking way you would believe the studio cut is possible.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

37 Eazy-E - Real muthafuckin G's

I still have a lot of metal and prog rock left on my list, but I felt like doing a quick transition over to rap. Eazy-E, the greatest rapper of all time.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#36 Biggie Smalls - Hypnotize

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#35 RiFF RAFF - iNTRODUCiNG THE iCON

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#34 Rammstein - Mein Teil

For anybody not familiar with what this song is about, it is about a famous story in Germany that worked its way through the courts there in which two consulting adults met up through a personals add on a cannibalism website and then:

"The song is inspired by the case of Armin Meiwes and Bernd Jurgen Armando Brandes. In March 2001, in Rotenburg an der Fulda, the two men aged in their 40s met each other, cut off and cooked Brandes' penis and consumed it together. Afterwards, Meiwes killed Brandes — with Brandes' permission — and ate his remains." -Wikipedia

For anybody who does not speak German: "Mein Teil" means exactly what you think it does, and for anybody still not catching on: it is slang for "My Penis".

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#33 Michael Cleveland - Orange Blossom Special

The devil on his best day couldn't out fiddle Michael Cleveland on his worst day. The fact that he is blind makes his accomplishments all the more astounding.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#32 Kampfar- Ravenheart

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#31 Bruce Springsteen - I'm On Fire

[youtube][/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#30 Rush - Tom Sawyer

Rush is Canada's most significant contribution to the world.

[youtube][/youtube]

pinback

Post by pinback »

Billy Mays wrote:#30 Rush - Tom Sawyer

Rush is Canada's most significant contribution to the world.

[youtube][/youtube]
Great song. Iconic. I was thinking about if I had a list, where would this rank among Rush songs.

I'm not even sure it'd make the top 20! I'm wondering if there is more Rush to come on your list, I'd like to see if you like any of their songs more.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

pinback wrote:I'm not even sure it'd make the top 20! I'm wondering if there is more Rush to come on your list, I'd like to see if you like any of their songs more.
My list is in no particular order and is about to get Rush heavy. The reason I chose this song first is because I am attempting to restore sanity back to the forum.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Can you at least just rank the Rush songs against each other, as a nod to what the actual purpose of these threads was supposed to be?

ICJ

Post by ICJ »

Maybe pinback can rank the members of a band against each other.

Actually, I would like a thread where we name a band and Pinback ranks the members of that band against each other.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Let's DO IT.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

pinback wrote:Can you at least just rank the Rush songs against each other, as a nod to what the actual purpose of these threads was supposed to be?
I will do that after my Rush picks, I am only anticipating somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or 6 spots just because of how valuable real estate is on a top 100. I can't say for certain, but I am anticipating that our Rush picks are going to be very different.

As to the second part, the actual list is designed to highlight your top 100 songs. In a sea of probably millions of songs, what order these specific songs come in becomes kind of insignificant. Also, I have been absolutely crushing it with my picks.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

#29 Kenny Loggins - Footloose

I decided to add this song before continuing my Rush list. They used to play it practically on a loop at the roller rink growing up, and this is a very fond memory of mine. I'm sure other members here have fond and distant memories of going footloose in the past.

[youtube][/youtube]