I should be dead already

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

I should be dead already

Post by Tdarcos »

There is a website called http://deathdate.info that has a form you can use to estimate when you're going to die. You put in sex, age, weight, height and whether you have some bad habits and it tries to predict your expected date of demise.

According to that website, my estimated date of death is April 2009.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

All my friends are fish

Post by All my friends are fish »

Tdarcos wrote:There is a website called http://deathdate.info that has a form you can use to estimate when you're going to die. You put in sex, age, weight, height and whether you have some bad habits and it tries to predict your expected date of demise.

According to that website, my estimated date of death is April 2009.
I just typed in the same horseshit information twice with only the name field as a random variable, and received two different death dates of roughly 12 years and change apart. It doesn't sound like real science to me...

Plus if such a program was possible, the fact that you had outlived Bea Arthur would have crashed its algorithms.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Hey Paul, don't worry!

I've had the same exact thought and you know what? 2016 ain't over yet!
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RetroRomper wrote:Hey Paul, don't worry!

I've had the same exact thought and you know what? 2016 ain't over yet!
A common sentiment. Both ways.

In the movie City Slickers, Billy Crystal hears about the character of Curly, the role Jack Pallance is playing, who has a big reputation as a fierce man. Nervously he tries to play nonchalant and says, "Morning Curly. Killed anybody today?" to which he responds, "Day ain't over yet."

The following conversation takes place in the 1989 book Nevada, by Clint McCollough between Reese, a new visitor to Las Vegas, and Smitty, a life-long Nevada resident:

"First time in Vegas, huh?" Smitty said.
"A wide‑eyed innocent."
"Stick around me, boy," Smitty chuckled. "Maybe, some of my experience will rub off."
"You been here long?"
Lighting a cigarette, Smitty shook out the match. "Eighty‑nine years," he said. "Long enough to know apples from oranges."
"No kidding?" Reese said. "I wouldn't have taken you for over sixty."
"We're goin' to get along just fine," Smitty grinned, eyes crinkling. "I know it's all bullshit. Some mornings I look in the mirror and wonder how come I ain't dead."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Is it possible to hijack a Tdarcos thread? Well, here is my go at it! So I'm going into a Partial Hospitalization Program for Atypical (in this case, Binge Eating Disorders) and its dawned on me multiple times that with my weight at 271, I'm losing more time than normal.

Oh well... I'm the weight of two people, barely work out, and putting more strain on my parts than any reasonable human being with our upteen millions of years of biology should and... It really hurts. Hurts as much as the fact I'm still struggling to get my degree, find a job that pays a decent wage, and not feel as if I'm sacrificing myself for all of it.

When we update the "I can't believe Tdarcos outlived..." thread or pounce on him for his unhealthy habits (and ours, for that matter,) its alittle bit of mortality that is being sliced away from me.

And THAT is your "moment of reflection" for the day.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yes. All you guys are gonna die in five years if you don't clean it up. I'm going to die in five years if I don't clean it up. You are absolutely right and the question is: what are you going to do about it???
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »