Here are my 100 favorite songs

Celebrity Monologues

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Here are my 100 favorite songs

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 pm

#20 I Can Barely Breathe - Manchester Orchestra

Great song, great video, great close up look at a soul in torment. My brother got on Pinback's Discord to tell everyone that they were from some place other than where they actually were from. (They were / are from Atlanta). When we saw these guys at one of those shows they do out here where like 30 bands play in a weekend, they did this song. My wife tried to tell me a funny story during the end of this song, which pretty much sums up exactly what the narrator of the song is talking about, in a fit of irony.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:47 pm

#19 Take Cover - Acceptance

The first song on my favorite album and probably my favorite Side 1 Track 1, this is another close up look at a soul in torment.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:50 pm

#18 Fire Inside ft. Greta Svabo Beck by Gemini (Mr FijiWiji Remix)

If we're calling this a dubstep song, of which it has influences, than this is my favorite dubstep song. It occurs to me that I haven't tried to find anything else done by Gemini, Greta Svano or Mr FijiWiji. The people responsible for this have probably never all been in the same room in their life, much less country. This is my favorite song to play at about 4:45PM when I've done about as much computer programming as I can realistically think is good for work, after having made two dozen decisions that I think helped everyone individually and the company as a whole. I turn my chair around, put my feet up on the window sill, close my eyes and listen to this.

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:21 pm
Only if you also post the kind of music you like as well, yes.
Instead of my top 100, I'll just post my top 1:

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:29 pm

#17 Art of Heartbreak - Hall and Oates

There are two versions I'll put up of this song. The first is the studio track above. It's great, it's made by a couple guys who have been making records for a long time. They are in their prime. It's got a great groove, it's a song only Hall and Oates can do and for the longest time I thought it was their best track.

That video is from a guy who has been making music for a long, long, looooooong time. In fact, Daryl plainly says, "the record was too fast" before they start playing. Whereas the version they released to the world in 1982 is from a guy who really wants you to understand that he is practicing the art of heartbreak, the version from a few years ago is a universal truth from a man that doesn't give a damn.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 pm

Also, lookit RealNC rocking the melodic death metal! I would never have guessed. There's about 1,000 threads on the subject from day's ago in The King's Quarters if you ever get bored.

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:04 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 pm
Also, lookit RealNC rocking the melodic death metal!
That's not melodic death metal. That's just death metal from the band that co-invented the Death Metal genre.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:19 am

I detect melodies! You can't say there is no melody! It reminded me of Children of Bodom, who I like a great deal.

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:44 am

May sound weird, but melodic death metal is closer to pop and rock melodies, while the original death metal is influenced more by classical music.

I'm talking about the notes here, obviously. Not the sound. Death metal has nothing to do with classical music in that regard.

If you can stand listening through the whole thing (I understand why some people can't), it kind of becomes obvious.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Did you hear about the guy who wanted to be buried in an aluminum oil drum so he could have death metal for eternity?
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com