Write your entire biography in eight lines or less.

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Write your entire biography in eight lines or less.

Post by pinback »

Now, as "lines" is non-specific, because you can just shrink/expand your browser, let's just say, you know what I mean. Summarize your entire life in a space that would take up less than a third of your screen while browsing this website. Broad strokes.

This is a great idea, and will bring us all even closer together.

You start.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Re: Write your entire biography in eight lines or less.

Post by Tdarcos »

I guess you'd csll.it an.obituary blurb. Here goed.

I was born in the United Statesin 1960. I had a mother with a heavy Boston accent, and a father heavily absent, while we mostly lived in the cental US with a year or two in Florida back in the late '60s. Diuing the 1970s we lived in the west, in Denver then Southern California and a summer in Texas. We moved to DC to help my sister's business, which later failed. I lived various plaves in Maryland and Virginia until a tragic, stupid mistake on my part, put me into a nursing home which, most likely I will be restricted to for thr rest of my life.

My phone says this is 9 lines, so I think that' s.close enough.

- - - -
Sent from a mobile phone.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I think they told you that your sister's business failed.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Also you left out the Bob Hope joke.

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

I was born 3/5/79 skip a number every time, all odd numbers, 3 are prime. I was raised in a bad neighborhood, my mom was on welfare. I grew up in 17 foster homes and 3 institutions. I got pregnant young with my first child at age 14, my mom forced tge abortion. I had 4 more children, lost 3 to fostercare adoptions and 1 to filicide. Became disabled in grad school, I was going for applied mathematics.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Ice Cream Jonsey

I was born to loving parents in Rochester, NY and then a little brother appeared.
When I was 12, we got a PCjr for Christmas which created a lifelong desire to be around computers, to get on BBSs, to learn to code, to play computer games and eventually make them. Thanks to the computer and these interests, I made many dear friends!
I studied Paper and Pulp Science Engineering until I got kicked out, but made many more friends in doing so. The friends, I realize, were the point.
I moved to Colorado, met and married my wife and we had up to 7 pets at a time, happily. We had a wonderful wedding.
I've made some games that some people liked and some music that nobody did. I've driven tons of places on arcade game-getting adventures.
During the pandemic, many members of my family died.
Now!! On Sundays, I watch my nephew, who is one and who is a great source of joy to me. I'm happy.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:56 pm I think they told you that your sister's business failed.
No, I saw it, and I helped to clean up the mess. I was there when it happened, .
pinback wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:45 pm Also you left out the Bob Hope joke.
You said it had to be 8 lines, asshole! You keep bitching that I write too much, that I'm too long, then, through a lot of effort, I severely, painfully cut the narrative down to fit, then you complain I left things out! To get any narrative down to eight lines, I would have to cut back tremendously, and either you had to know this, or you are so stupid that you rise to the level of 'too stupid to operate a blanket.' Remember my comments, here and now, because this is the sort of thing that you did that makes people mad at you and explains why there is hostility toward you. I do not like being put in a catch-22, and I find it mean and cruel of you to do so. You sicken and disgust me. Go fuck yourself, sideways, you bastard.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

pinback

Post by pinback »

There's no need to be rude and hurtful. :(

Flack

Post by Flack »

I was born and raised near Oklahoma City, and currently live 10 minutes from where I grew up. My parents were blue-collar workers and I was raised on books, movies, Atari, BBSes, computer games, skateboarding, breakdancing, and heavy metal. I spent a few years after high school serving fast food and failing at college before landing an IT job with the federal government, where I have worked for almost three decades. I'm very nostalgic and own so many things that my wife jokingly says I collect collections. I struggle with my weight and am too sensitive for my own good, but nobody's perfect. I'm a bit of a Renaissance man who enjoys reading and learning, writing books, recording podcasts, watching movies, creating videos, playing computer/console/arcade games, and being creative in general. I am ADHD, and my wife is convinced I'm on the spectrum. Today I have an AA in journalism, a BA in Organizational Leadership, and an MA in Professional Writing. I married my high school sweetheart and have two wonderful kids. My life isn't perfect, but it's a thousand times more amazing than I imagined it would be and a million times better than I deserve.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Ok Flack, that was 22 lines. If I was allowed a ninth line it would have read something like "Poet, and in the 90s a wild raver!
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Why is this thread dying?

Everyone, please write your 8 line biography.
I look forward to learning more about you!
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

raecoffey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:20 pm Why is this thread dying?

Everyone, please write your 8 line biography.
I look forward to learning more about you!
I would too, but nobody wants to be treated the way Pinback treated me. Look at what Pinback asked for. Look what I did; was it, or was it not, exactly what he asked for? He then proceeds to complain about what I wrote being too short and leaving things out. Nobody else wants that kind of bullshit, so they are not replying in droves.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

I would like to see Pinback's entry.

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:32 am I would like to see Pinback's entry.
I second that!
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

That makes three of us. Come on, Ben, talk!
- J.R.R. Tolkien

pinback

Post by pinback »

I was born in Maryland. By the time I remember anything, my parents had divorced, and I spent most of the time until I was 17 moving around with my mother as she kept marrying different dudes, who all lived on farmland, leaving me in relative isolation. Which was fine with me, because on the weekends my dad would teach me about computers, so I was happy to be in my room by myself on these farms getting way better at Asteroids than the rest of you. I moved into my own apartment on my 17th birthday, and spent the next 20 years aimlessly wandering around the country, looking to find myself. Around the end of that stretch, I got together with Kathy, which showed me that finding yourself was maybe not the best way to spend your time, and then six years ago we adopted Mina from China, which made sure there was no time to find anything other than wherever she misplaced her shoes, and all of the rest of it started to seem a bit silly. I've struggled with weight and alcoholism my whole adult life, but it's all fine. In eight years I will have outlived my dad, which is inconceivable to me. He was so old!

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Wow Pinback! That's amazing! Congratulations again on your adoption. I'm really happy for you.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:05 pm I was born in Maryland. By the time I remember anything, my parents had divorced, and I spent most of the time until I was 17 moving around with my mother as she kept marrying different dudes, who all lived on farmland, leaving me in relative isolation. Which was fine with me, because on the weekends my dad would teach me about computers, so I was happy to be in my room by myself on these farms getting way better at Asteroids than the rest of you. I moved into my own apartment on my 17th birthday, and spent the next 20 years aimlessly wandering around the country, looking to find myself. Around the end of that stretch, I got together with Kathy, which showed me that finding yourself was maybe not the best way to spend your time, and then six years ago we adopted Mina from China, which made sure there was no time to find anything other than wherever she misplaced her shoes, and all of the rest of it started to seem a bit silly. I've struggled with weight and alcoholism my whole adult life, but it's all fine. In eight years I will have outlived my dad, which is inconceivable to me. He was so old!
Wrong

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:47 pm
pinback wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:05 pm I was born...
Wrong
No. you're worng! To Shere!
- J.R.R. Tolkien

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

I also don't want thos thread to die, so I'm writing Noel's autobiography for her.

She was born in Rochester at 1:13am on 1/3/01
As a baby she had big blue eyes that later turned green
She started reading 📚 at age 2, by age 4 she could read my psch 101 text book. In kinder she was skipped bc she read at 12th grade, comprehend at 7th. She was in the Gifted program, she was the school newspaper editor, she was a math tutor, when she grew up she wanted to be a veterinarian. She loved her Mama and dancing!
Lorelie Kraus the 1st