2014 Maintenance

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

2014 Maintenance

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I thought I'd save all this money if I took the motorcycle everywhere instead of a car. HA!

I needed two new tires. Those are on order.

When I removed my grips, I found that the throttle tube had been cracked and crumbly. I ordered new grips with a built-in throttle tube.

The chain was no prize either. The last thing I want is that fucking up, so I went ahead and ordered a new one for that, too.

The bad news is that the place near where I live, within walking distance, could get everything, the bad news is that they had to order it. It's fine. They are not a Honda dealership.

So not next week, but the week after I should be all set for the next few years with this stuff. Hopefully forever when it comes to the grips and throttle.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

NGGH

So the place within walking distance has appointments two weeks out. OK.

Last Saturday I bought grips, a new chain and two new tires. It all came in over the course of the week and they said come on down. I drove the bike down today.

Now, I had an appointment for the 4th. I am not mad about any of this. It's just that sometimes mechanic shops are a little disorganized.

The manager for service said, "Call me at 4:00 if you don't hear from us, we'll let you know if it's ready."

I call at 4. I get a different person who takes my number. He says he will get some info and call me back.

At 5:00 they call me back. I am on hold for 20 minutes. At the end the guy says, "One of the mechanics wanted to talk to you, he'll call you right back."

It's now 6 and they're closed.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!