Ghost of Honda past

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

AArdvark

Ghost of Honda past

Post by AArdvark »

I get a message on my machine the other day from some guy wanting to speak with me. I call him back and it turns out that he bought my old CB750 from the guy I sold it to. I sold that bike in '09, the year I bought my Shadow Aero. The buyer chopped up the mostly stock bike, trying to turn it into a cafe' racer, apparently. He never bothered to register it so it still has my name on the title. The new owner needs me to get a replacement title and pretend to sell it to him. New York still thinks I own it. What a messed up way to run a DMV. I hope the new guy has better luck and skills with motorcycle customization.

THE
THIRD PARTY
AARDVARK

loafergirl

Re: Ghost of Honda past

Post by loafergirl »

AArdvark wrote:I get a message on my machine the other day from some guy wanting to speak with me. I call him back and it turns out that he bought my old CB750 from the guy I sold it to. I sold that bike in '09, the year I bought my Shadow Aero. The buyer chopped up the mostly stock bike, trying to turn it into a cafe' racer, apparently. He never bothered to register it so it still has my name on the title. The new owner needs me to get a replacement title and pretend to sell it to him. New York still thinks I own it. What a messed up way to run a DMV. I hope the new guy has better luck and skills with motorcycle customization.

THE
THIRD PARTY
AARDVARK
Couldn't he apply for a "lost title"?
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

God what a douche. Register your shit! Would his parking tickets have gone to you?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

My friend Andy sold his S-10 with 200,000 miles to a guy for $400. He was asking $500 and the guy asked him if he would take $400. He did it because, as he told me, he felt bad for someone who couldn't come up with $500 for a car.

Anyway, the guy went to Andy's church and so he just signed the title over and gave it to him. A few years later, Andy got contacted by the Tulsa Police Department about an investigation that the truck had been involved in a hit and run. (Tulsa is 100 miles from here.) Fortunately Andy was at work during the time of the accident (he's a fireman) so he had a good alibi. He also had a bill of sale that the guy had signed, which he provided to police.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Well the guy's grandmother did all the legwork for him which makes me believe that he's low on the social order of things. I must also point out that the handwritten letter that I received in the mail addressed me as Mr. Glide. Now I know my name and address are clearly printed on the existing title. She got my street name mixed up with MY name. Probably time for her to visit the optometrist. Or the Legacy.
Grandma was nice enough to provide an application for a duplicate title, a SASE and a check to cover the twenty dollars processing fee, plus a little more for my effort. Unfortunately she made out the check to Steven Glide. Luckily my wife works at a bank and a straight deposit of a check with the wrong name is not a problem for her.
Since I was able to do the DMV stuff online I'm probably going to send her the extra twenty bucks back and say that it was a random act of kindness, I know what a pain vehicle paperwork can be and she could probably use the money more than I do.
I hope this guy fixes the bike up better than the previous guy. I don't know why but I would feel sad if the motorcycle ended up in a horrible condition. Probably because I spent so many years riding the thing and put so much money and effort into fixing it up when I had it. I have a photo of the last day I owned it.....

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I should add that when I talked to the guy on the phone he said the bike wasn't in running condition and that the previous owner had 'chopped the back end into a hardtail'.

THE
CUSTOM UGLY
AARDVARK