Cactus Jacks -- Pinball

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Flack

Cactus Jacks -- Pinball

Post by Flack »

Both Vark and and ICJ have been to Cactus Jacks. Well, Cactus Jacks is completely different now. I just went this weekend to check it out and here is my report.

When ICJ and Vark visited Cactus Jacks, the place had approximately 6 pinball machines. Now, and this is just a guess, they have 80. Here's a horrible Vine video I shot.

First, Vine is limited to six seconds in length, so fuck you. Second, that's not even all the tables. There are at least two more sections of tables. That being said, a bunch of the tables are duplicates. There are four Addam's Family machines side by side, next to two South Park machines. I did not see Tron but I did see AC/DC and Avatar and they said they just got Metallica too.

In front of the pinball machines is a row of about 12 classic arcade machines. Defender, Stargate, Tempest, Frogger, Ms. Pac-Man, and several others, plus at least one Multicade.

So, that's the good news. The bad news is the entire rest of the building is mostly coin redemption stuff with a few driving games here and there. It looks like most of the arcade machines that weren't from the 80s are gone. Also that weird Beachhead game is still there but it's broken now. And the sword game has a sign that says "Don't draw dicks on this Robb."

I will try and get a better list of pinball and classic games available to play there. Oh also a few of the pinball tables take tokens and they are all either 3 or 4 tokens each. All the newer ones take a card swipe thing.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Vine only lets you upload six seconds of video? That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of. That is the most desperate attempt at becoming the new Twitter in history.

I am sure it will take off like crazy.

Well, I am extremely psyched to see Cactus Jack's. I hope that they manage to stay in business ... well, forever, but specifically until I visit in September. I was more about pins than arcade games until CAX, and then I swung the other way. (Thus me bumping the thread because Qix's battery died on me.)

I feel I could do good things on that many pins. Sexy things. Unspeakable things.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!