I NEED HEXES

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

I NEED HEXES

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I need a new kind of screwdriver to get the seat off the motorcycle. I feel that I have already purchased "too many" screwdrivers in my life, but what are ya gonna do.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Haha, just went through this -- needed one myself to remove the cover that guarded the battery.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Hex OBTAINED. I needed a 6mm one. The battery is charging right now.

What happened with yours, my friend? New battery? Chargin' it up? Sipping the delicious juices? Plannin' on throwin acid at somebody?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Same thing that happened to yours. I bought mine from my dad after it had sat all winter. I jumped it, drove it home, and then the next day it wouldn't start.

Batteries for bikes like yours and mine are pretty reasonable, usually in the $30-$50 range. I was told most batteries cost around $40 and then I went to order one for my R1 and the guy said ah ahhahahhahahahhahahhaha $150.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Son of a bitch!

I should say that the seller said he did NOT need to jump it when he drove it to my house.

I really don't understand how it lost/didn't keep a charge.

I have it hooked up to the charger and it will remain there overnight.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh, one other question. What happens if I try to start it with the battery hooked up to the charger, which is hooked up to the wall?

Am I putting my crotch at risk by trying to do that?

Flack

Post by Flack »

No, that's fine. I will warn you though, I was told not to use a regular car charger for extended period of time on a motorcycle battery. It's okay for a quick jump or boost, but I don't think overnight is recommended.

The best test of your battery is the headlight. Turn your key on and look at the headlight. It should be super bright. If it's not on or pretty dim, your battery is low or dead. When you try and start it it's normal for your headlight to dim down but if the light goes off and the bike's not turning over, it's a battery issue. If it's turning over (whir whir whir) and not starting, the battery is fine.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Push starting can be fun!

Run as fast as you can with the bike in neutral. This is easier if you run down a hill.

Leap onto the bike and clutch, shift, gas, pop clutch. If you don't go over the handlebars then the bike will ghvb

This post has just been edited by my cat climbing across my laptop keyboard in search of additional cat treats.

THE
COMMON PROBLEM
AARDVARK