Stern's latest: Metallica

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

Stern's latest: Metallica

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I gotta admit that I don't care about the THEMES to these band-based games. Metallica, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, etc. I do feel that a dubstep pinball table would be the best thing ever. It is made for sick drops, pinball is.

This thread is here in case any of you guys play one.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Protagonist X
Location: A fortified bunker deep beneath the Arizona desert surface.

Post by Protagonist X »

Dubstep pinball game... I like it. "Third Ball Locked: Dropping Bass". BWAAAAUU-WOW-WAWAWA-WAWAWA.

You know, with a powerful enough subwoofer, it might be possible bounce the ball off of the main playing surface onto some ramps or other areas above, adding a more 3-D style of gameplay. Pretty cool. The technical challenge, of course, would be how to integrate that into gameplay and board design without constantly triggering the tilt sensor.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Since posting this, both ICJ and I played the Metallica table at Slingshot's in OKC (part of Cactus Jack's). What a marketing 180 that band has made. Yes, I was a Metallica fan back in the day when releasing a video for One felt like selling out. There was a time when wearing a Metallica shirt or having their poster on your wall made you a rebel. Seeing a Metallica-themed pinball table just seems... weird.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It was when they all got short haircuts. At that moment they sold out.

Flack

Post by Flack »

The other day on the radio they played a Metallica song I had never heard before and it was okay and I kind of got excited. Then they said it was from Death Magnetic, which tells me I didn't listen to that album at all apparently.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."