Wheelies

Pinball & Motorcycles
User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 1139
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Jizaboz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:48 am

Dude just STFU once in a while and life gets easier. I promise.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5208
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Can we move the hatescreeds and shitposting to someplace else? Flack, Aardvark, Bob Ross and Flying Carp all went off topic, then the entire subject went off into never-never land .

Now, to try to go back on topic, I said I thought motorcycle wheelies were cool looking but I thought they were as dangerous as fuck. Then I mentioned that power wheelchairs can't do them. Then someone presented a tipped picture of a power wheelchair, implying it was doing a wheelie.

Note it was not a video of someone who while seated in a chair was able to make it tip or move fast enough to do a wheelie. Give a skilled operator 45 minutes with a picture and they can photoshop it to look like anything.

There are only two possibilities on how this was done as the picture was staged. How? Either (1) the wheelchair was positioned in a tipped position and secured, then someone sat in it, or (2) someone sat in the chair, then someone used a device to raise it.

Use some common sense here. A power wheelchair is slightly over 1/2 the weight of even a 'light' motorcycle and others are lots more**. Can someone tip a motorcycle simply by sitting on one in a stopped state or running at less than 6 miles per hour? I don't think so; I think you need a lot more energy to overcome the inertia. Maybe you can stand on the rear seat or the back of a stopped motorcycle and do it, but that is not something a handicapped person can do, even in a power chair.

The maximum possible speed on an unmodified power wheelchair is perhaps 6 mph. These devices are medical devices, they are subject to much more stringent rules because they're normally too expensive for most individuals to buy, and Medicare and/or private insurance is paying for all or virtually all of the cost, thus they are not going to be able to produce the kinds of speeds necessary to do that sort of thing. No one wants to re-injure someone already needing a medical assist device.

Now may we please get back to the subject of wheelies by motorcycles and choppers?



** Minimum estimated weight for a small motorcycle is about 198 kg (436 lbs), while my power chair is about 250 punds empty. As of 2014, a Harley Superlow ships from the factory at 540 pounds.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
FlyingCarp
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:19 am

Post by FlyingCarp » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Exhibit A:

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/images- ... eelie.mpeg

Check out this guy's site. You might be popping wheelies sooner than you think! The unpossible is now possible! http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/ultimat ... rchair.htm

He says at the very bottom of the page: "This is my old and almost stock F55s powerchair after relocating the seat rearwards a few inches and re-programming it to get some proper instant control...

You can balance it like this or drive around while tipped back if you practice just like a manual wheelchair should you wish >>>

It wheelies OK, and at will, just by accelerating forwards but my latest completely re-designed powerchair above on this page is much better at everything."


In addition to that, he's made his powered wheelchair remote controlled. Think of the fun you could have letting some of your best pals take control of your ride? Talk about a pleasure cruise!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5208
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:28 am

I have to make a statement.

1. Bob Ross did not go off topic, I misread it among all the totally irrelevant shitposts from almost all the other people here. I apologize for my error.

2. The message directly above this one proves my statement: This is my old and almost stock F55s powerchair after relocating the seat rearwards a few inches and re-programming it

A reprogrammed wheelchair with modified chair positioning is not factory issue.

3. This base is about pinball machines and motorcycles, and this thread was specifically about motorcycles doing wheelies. All the posts from everyone else which had nothing to do with motorcycles were off-topic shit posts.

For some reason all of you are perfectly fine to shit on a discussion by going off-topic then criticize me for doing the exact same thing.

Exactly how do you expect me to be on topic and concise when you can't even be on topic?
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:54 am

Tdarcos wrote:I have to make a statement.

1. Bob Ross did not go off topic, I misread it among all the totally irrelevant shitposts from almost all the other people here. I apologize for my error.

2. The message directly above this one proves my statement: This is my old and almost stock F55s powerchair after relocating the seat rearwards a few inches and re-programming it

A reprogrammed wheelchair with modified chair positioning is not factory issue.

3. This base is about pinball machines and motorcycles, and this thread was specifically about motorcycles doing wheelies. All the posts from everyone else which had nothing to do with motorcycles were off-topic shit posts.

For some reason all of you are perfectly fine to shit on a discussion by going off-topic then criticize me for doing the exact same thing.

Exactly how do you expect me to be on topic and concise when you can't even be on topic?
All excellent and well thought out points! I was thinking the exact same thing myself, but only thought it appropriate for you to be the one to bring it up considering that it was the right thing to do.

Also, as the owner of the Bob Ross account, I accept your apology and actually consider what you did a reasonable misunderstanding.

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 5888
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:09 am

Tdarcos, I completely agree that I went off topic in your thread. Please find it in your layers of cellulose to forgive me.

In the friendliest and most polite of manners, I would like to counter that I believe you have gone off topic more times on this BBS than there are stars in the universe. If someone started a thread called "any response to this thread is on topic," I believe you would find a way to go off topic. If the thread said that anything written in any language known to man was allowed, you would post something in Cobol, and then accuse Cobol of being faulty and suggest crazy improvements to it.

I believe the odds of you winning the Boston Marathon are greater than the odds of you remaining on topic for 24 hours around here, and that's only because you think there might be some beans in the pressure cooker near the finish line.

Your discussion of people being off topic has nothing to do with pinball, motorcycles, or wheelies, but the irony is your sausage pizza of a brain will never get it.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
FlyingCarp
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:19 am

Re: Wheelies

Post by FlyingCarp » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:31 am

Tdarcos wrote: Oh, and for the (half-) wits that ask about it, it is not possible to "pop a wheelie" on a wheelchair (a power one, anyway) the chair weighs 250 pounds empty (because the batteries are essentially heavy truck batteries) and the maximum speed is about twice walking speed, maybe 6 miles an hour.
You tried to head off a point of discussion about wheelchair wheelies, but it was clearly inaccurate. I thought it was well within the topic of the thread to open you up the badass possibilities you have before you if you only dared to try.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5208
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:15 am

Flack wrote:In the friendliest and most polite of manners, I would like to counter that I believe you have gone off topic more times on this BBS than there are stars in the universe.
If I've told you once, I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate.
you would post something in Cobol

Code: Select all

010100 IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
010200 PROGRAM-ID. FLACK-COMMENT-HANDLER.
020010 ENVIRONMENT DIVISION. COPY STANDARD-ENVIRONMENT.
030010 DATA DIVISION. COPY FLACK-DATA.
040100 PROCEDURE DIVISION.
040200 P-001. OPEN FLACK-FILE. 
040300     PERFORM FLACK-READER UNTIL NO-MORE-FLACK.
040400     CLOSE FLACK-FILE.
040500     STOP RUN.
041000 FLACK-READER.
041100     READ FLACK-FILE INTO FLACK-SCREEDS 
041200     AT END 
041300         MOVE "NO" TO IS-THERE-MORE-FLACK.
041400     MOVE FLACK-SCREEDS TO BIT-BUCKET.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 5888
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Flack wrote:In the friendliest and most polite of manners, I would like to counter that I believe you have gone off topic more times on this BBS than there are stars in the universe.
If I've told you once, I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate.
you would post something in Cobol

Code: Select all

010100 IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
010200 PROGRAM-ID. FLACK-COMMENT-HANDLER.
020010 ENVIRONMENT DIVISION. COPY STANDARD-ENVIRONMENT.
030010 DATA DIVISION. COPY FLACK-DATA.
040100 PROCEDURE DIVISION.
040200 P-001. OPEN FLACK-FILE. 
040300     PERFORM FLACK-READER UNTIL NO-MORE-FLACK.
040400     CLOSE FLACK-FILE.
040500     STOP RUN.
041000 FLACK-READER.
041100     READ FLACK-FILE INTO FLACK-SCREEDS 
041200     AT END 
041300         MOVE "NO" TO IS-THERE-MORE-FLACK.
041400     MOVE FLACK-SCREEDS TO BIT-BUCKET.
Not about wheelies -- off topic. Thread ruined.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 7666
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by AArdvark » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:09 pm

A post in TdarcosVision:

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah pizza blahblahblah
blahblahblahb wheelchair blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah cobol blahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblah.



BLAH
BLAH BLAH BLAH
BLAH BLAH
BLAHVARK

Post Reply