There's a building kit to make toys? What can you make? Try a working, full size, licensed motorcycle

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Tdarcos

There's a building kit to make toys? What can you make? Try a working, full size, licensed motorcycle

Post by Tdarcos »

There is a product called Meccano, it's a type of toy construction set. Not like Lego, this is more like the Erector sets from the 1960s (Meccano actually bought the company that makes Erector sets.) Metal structure pieces, wheels, nuts and screws, and so on. Well, these guys wanted to see if you could build something useful out of Meccano parts, so they built a full-size working, self-propelled motorcycle which passed inspection and has a British license tag. Well, what do you do with this? You take it out on a motorcycle endurance race course and see if it can take a ride across the whole thing. Do they succeed? Do they fail? Well, watch this video, showing the whole thing from construction to running on the course, and find out:

https://youtu.be/oR-eoWYf9Hg

Note that Jonsey still won't give me inline video privilege back, for some reason, despite asking, more than once.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

AArdvark

Re: There's a building kit to make toys? What can you make? Try a working, full size, licensed motorcycle

Post by AArdvark »

I had one of those kits when I was younger. The coolest thing I made was an auto fire add-on for a Slik Stick