Phil Hendrie burning a dog alive on the radio.

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Phil Hendrie burning a dog alive on the radio.

Post by pinback »

One of the greatest segments in the history of radio.

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

This wasn't funny, it was sick. He's lucky no one took him seriously, because if he had actually tortured a dog to death he'd be hit with felony anti-animal cruelty charges; Florida has very stiff penalties. Since it wasn't true it might be considered an intentional false statement made in interstate commerce representing Wire Fraud under Federal law - since it was done during a licensed broadcast - which is also a felony.

Go around claiming you burned a person at the stake and people will realize you're kidding. Merely claiming you hurt a dog is enough for a lot of people to consider you an unforgivable bastard who deserves castration.
"Turn left at Greenland"
- Ringo Starr on how he found America, The Beatles Press Conferemce, 1964

pinback

Post by pinback »

That was the most autistic reply I've ever seen from anyone about anything. How you went from Phil Hendrie doing a bit to federal wire fraud laws in less than a paragraph was... fantastic.

I'd say "don't ever change", but with your disease, I know that's not an issue.

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

pinback wrote:I'd say "don't ever change", but with your disease, I know that's not an issue.
Since you think msking fun of tragedy is hilarious, let's try this:

Did anyone ever say the same thing to you about your alcoholism?
"Turn left at Greenland"

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'm not on trial here!!

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

pinback wrote:I'm not on trial here!!
Maybe you should be.

Let me ask you something, what exactly did you find funny here? The idea of burning a dog alive or the idea he would play the simulated sounds of a dog yelping in agony as it roasted to death, alive?

Think about that sometime before you claim I lack empathy for others.

But really, why did you think that was funny?
"Turn left at Greenland"

pinback

Post by pinback »

Donald Ebinsen wrote:
pinback wrote:I'm not on trial here!!
Maybe you should be.

Let me ask you something, what exactly did you find funny here? The idea of burning a dog alive or the idea he would play the simulated sounds of a dog yelping in agony as it roasted to death, alive?

Think about that sometime before you claim I lack empathy for others.

But really, why did you think that was funny?
1. The entire concept of him announcing that he was burning down the station on the air is hilarious, and something never heard on radio before or since. (Don Rogers fans will recognize an homage to this during the "remote" episode, where I burn down the cheese shop at the end). It's completely absurd and hilarious.

2. Everyone but you realized that Phil was sitting there doing the dog's voice. He was also crumpling a Fritos bag the whole time to make the fire sound effect. The thought of Phil sitting there for 12 minutes howling like a dog is funny in and of itself.

3. At 9:31, he answers the phone as the producer and takes a call from someone who thought it was real and was concerned. Calmly explaining to the caller that "we're burning a dog alive", and the caller's response, are very funny.

4. He goes right back into the dog and fire sounds right after the call, which is also very funny.

It is funny because it's funny, and you will never understand what that means.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Phil turned into an asshole and made them take this clip down, and got "one strike" on their Youtube account, so now he's had to remove anything with Phil in it, and is moving all the Neil stuff to a different spot.

You SUCK, Phil.

(<3)