Aug 12 show

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

AArdvark

Aug 12 show

Post by AArdvark »

So I just got back from vacation yesterday, got all my post vacation shit done then found out the power supply on my desktop has crapped out. I had this older machine sitting the attic so I swapped out the HDD and fired it up. So here I am.

Q] is there a show tonight?

Q] do I need this mumble software thingy or can I just reinstall Skype?

Q] Will Paul be joining in?

THE
BACK FROM OUTER SPACE
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

There will be a show. Don't sweat it if you can't call in, there was too much congestion last time.

Using Mumble was a disaster so we're going back to Skype.

Paul will be on the show, yes.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Join us tonight for a VERY SPECIAL DON ROGERS SHOW.

On this episode, we will be retooling ON THE AIR. No comedy bits, no wacky songs (well, maybe one or two), just people who care about the show talking about how to make it better.

It may be a shortened show, if we all decide it's a lost cause.

Adam is unavailable, unfortunately.

Paul will DEFINITELY be on the show.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Are we collectively coding the show from the ground up? Just a note, I never mastered BASIC, just the rudiments.

THE
SYNTAX ERROR IN 420
AARDVARK

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Go

Ice Cream Jonsey

I apologize for the unlistenable loo of horseshit that was tonight's show. If I may "break character" for a moment...

I felt that engaging in mock trials for both a celebrity that ran over a guy and our own Tdarcos would make for an entertaining hour of radio. Clearly, it did not. I can no longer justify the time commitments required for this gutless, unfunny abomination. This house is a mess, my health is shit and there are creative computer projects I have put on hold for... this.

I bid you all fond farewell.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I thought it was the best show ever. The tape will be up in a half hour.

pinback

Post by pinback »

pinback

Post by pinback »

Also I demand an apology.

Ice Cream Jonsey

YOU can apologize to ME, you show-destroying black hole of comedy.

You can write you apology on a piece of paper and then cram it up your thick black ass.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Now I demand two apologies.

Flack

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Here we go. I made my own from Pinback to me.

Flack

Post by Flack »

He wrote a little bit off the paper there, but otherwise I felt like it was a heartfelt apology.

Maybe I need to update that thing.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote:Are we collectively coding the show from the ground up? Just a note, I never mastered BASIC, just the rudiments.
Basic was my first programming language, and I learned it very well, I wrote some amazing programs using it. I even did an application for a customer to replace their existing DOS-based system with one I wrote in Visual Basic so it could run on Windows.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I apologize for the unlistenable loo of horseshit that was tonight's show.
Actually, I thought it was pretty good, myself.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:YOU can apologize to ME, you show-destroying black hole of comedy.
Oh Jonsey, you can do better than that, don't be reticent and hold back, tell us what you really think about him!
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:You can write you apology on a piece of paper and then cram it up your thick black ass.
Jonsey, please get your prescription for your glasses checked, because, unless something drastic happened since the last time I met him and the latest video he posted on YouTube, I was under the impression he was and is still white.

I used to have a similar problem in the 1960s and early 1970s, because "Robinson" is a very common name for black people, and some people I would speak to on the phone apparently thought I was black as well.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Here we go. I made my own from Pinback to me.
Fake Pinback wrote:I, Pinback would like to officially apologize for my Holocaust-denying behavior.
I actually wrote a couple of articles on my blog about why Holocaust denial doesn't work and just shows deniers as stupid. Let's Try and Deny the Holocaust! and Now he's just arguing over statistics. (Yeah, I know you were kidding but I can throw my own silly response in as well.)
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Dammit! That was one show I could have participated in. We were on vacation with friends of ours who actually race sprint cars. There was a vary big discussion about the Tony Stewart thing.

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:Dammit! That was one show I could have participated in. We were on vacation with friends of ours who actually race sprint cars. There was a vary big discussion about the Tony Stewart thing.
Was there a vary big conclusion or something you can tell us about the vary big discussion? Anything? No? Oh well, it's good enough to just know there was a big discussion about it.

A vary big one.

Grammar Nazi

Post by Grammar Nazi »

z
pinback wrote:Was there a vary big conclusion or something you can tell us about the vary big discussion? ... A vary big one.
Dear Mr Pinback, Sir.

Please be advised that the word you want to use here is "very" and not "vary." The word you should have used was "very" as a modifier of another term, e.g. an adverb. The word you used indicates change, such as "Prices may vary according to customer's attitude."

Please try to use the correct word in order to show people you are an intelligent and educated fellow.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Grammar Nazi wrote:z
pinback wrote:Was there a vary big conclusion or something you can tell us about the vary big discussion? ... A vary big one.
Dear Mr Pinback, Sir.

Please be advised that the word you want to use here is "very" and not "vary." The word you should have used was "very" as a modifier of another term, e.g. an adverb. The word you used indicates change, such as "Prices may vary according to customer's attitude."

Please try to use the correct word in order to show people you are an intelligent and educated fellow.
Paul, I think we're done with you now. Can you just stick to your Caltrops base from now on, please?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Nothing that wasn't covered, however briefly, in the show. The only thing I will add here is that there should NOT be a new rule against leaving the vehicle. Drivers, well most drivers, know better. Fighting is for hockey, not auto racing.

THE
SAVE IT FOR THE PITS
AARDVARK