Well, he's finally admitted he's quitting

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Did anyone really believe Don Rogers would be able to keep a show running?

I'm surprised he even got one episode done
50%
I figured he'd last a month
No votes
I figured he'd be able to do six shows
50%
I just figured it was an excuse to hide his alcoholism
No votes

Total votes: 2

Tdarcos

Well, he's finally admitted he's quitting

Post by Tdarcos »

Couldn't even do three shows in four weeks before throwing in the towel. Now he's announced the show is "down for retooling" which is Don-Speak for "cancelled until I change my mind."

Why not just admit it? You don't have the stamina to do a lousy once a week, one hour show, witnessed by the fact you never had your heart in it, didn't really care, and you never really had the desire to do this.

This really puts paid to your claims that you wanted to do a show on the radio. You can't even keep up with a single hour once a week in order to get practice and possibly a portfolio you could use for the possibility of offering a show to some stations that might be interested.

Why didn't you just simply say that you tried it, it wasn't fun or you weren't cut out for it, or whatever, and you were quitting. No, you keep doing this bullshit line about "down for retooling."

Notice, when I said I had an additional video, I didn't say anything until I actually did it, then announced it. I didn't go around for months and months and talk about my pending videos. I just kept my mouth shut and didn't make promises until I could keep them.

He is a shit, a rotter, and an asshole. I have a hard time believing anything he says.

I may be a prolix verbose blowhard, but at least I say what I mean, mean what I say and I don't make promises I can't keep and I don't make excessive commitments.

Well, the show is over again and he's finally admitted it.

"This show is over, say goodbye." - Madonna, Take a Bow.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Re: Well, he's finally admitted he's quitting

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote:I just kept my mouth shut

Not at the waffle buffet, it seems.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Like everything else you have ever said, this is wrong.

I am going on vacation for a week, and the show will be back on August 12. It IS being retooled, so the format will change, but nothing is quitting.

This was not your best day. You posted a lot of wrong, terrible bullshit, and if there's a God or a Robb, will be banned from ever doing it again.

Good day to you, sir.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos is away for retooling.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Like everything else you have ever said, this is wrong.

I am going on vacation for a week, and the show will be back on August 12. It IS being retooled, so the format will change, but nothing is quitting.
And exactly who is taking over your show while you're gone? If you really wanted to do this as an actual radio show, you get someone else to fill in for you. When you just walk away, you're admitting it's a hobby and you don't have the capacity if you had a real show on the radio. You don't just walk away, you get someone to fill in.

This proves that you could never have managed to have a real radio program, if you really wanted that, and I don't think you did.

Or failing that, why isn't your "show runner" finding someone to substitute for you while you're gone?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.