The show is TONIGHT! RIGHT NOW! (In five minutes)

The Future of Radio begins..... now. <a href="http://donrogersshow.blogspot.com">http://donrogersshow.blogspot.com/</a>
User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21878
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

The show is TONIGHT! RIGHT NOW! (In five minutes)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:56 pm

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21878
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Wait, that won't work, it's:

http://donrogersshow.com/listen
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6088
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:29 am

What did everybody think?

I thought the Jew and ICJ didn't talk enough and I talked too much. The Aspergers quiz, while funny, seemed to go on much longer when listening back to the show.

I would not say it was the best one ever (that still goes to the Match Game) but it was top 5 for sure. Probably top 3. The ring rust has been dusted off. 14 months was too long to wait. I feel the momentum building. 2014 is Don Rogers' year!
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:49 am

Flack wrote:What did everybody think?
I think people should just enjoy the goddamn show (or not) without ANALYZING it afterward.

That's just my opinion.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 8000
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by AArdvark » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Perhaps more in the spirit of how to make the show better rather than a critique that will just make you want to re-tool.

Is the show really going weekly?

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6088
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:34 pm

pinback wrote:
Flack wrote:What did everybody think?
I think people should just enjoy the goddamn show (or not) without ANALYZING it afterward.

That's just my opinion.
Wait, your opinion is that nobody should have an opinion?

The Asperger test needs retooling.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:30 pm

AArdvark wrote:Perhaps more in the spirit of how to make the show better rather than a critique that will just make you want to re-tool.

Is the show really going weekly?
Every Tuesday!
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Flack wrote:
pinback wrote:
Flack wrote:What did everybody think?
I think people should just enjoy the goddamn show (or not) without ANALYZING it afterward.

That's just my opinion.
Wait, your opinion is that nobody should have an opinion?

The Asperger test needs retooling.
I just guess I find it distasteful when people give "helpful advice" that hasn't been asked for.

That's on me, though. That's my own character flaw. Please, go about your business.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6088
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:59 pm

The show opened with a three minute song comparing a yeast infection to a grilled cheese sandwich.

I would say your ability to determine what is and isn't distasteful is, at best, suspect.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:35 pm

/laugh sound effect
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21878
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:49 pm

I bought the goddamn Blue Yeti mic. It is supposed to be here TUESDAY which means it won't, which is in the spirit of the show.

The only rule of the show is "be funny" so nobody talked too much because everyone was funny. I am going to start promoting the show on Flack's BBS and my goal is to have a real guest - someone we don't already know - for Tuesday.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5538
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I bought the goddamn Blue Yeti mic. It is supposed to be here TUESDAY which means it won't, which is in the spirit of the show.

The only rule of the show is "be funny" so nobody talked too much because everyone was funny.
Either that means I am not included in "everybody" or it puts paid to your claim that I have never been funny. Which is it, Godfather (Don) Rogers?
"Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone/don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde."
-Desmond Dekker, The Israelites

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6088
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Paul, I know you don't and cannot understand this, but you are only funny when you aren't trying to be funny. When you try to be funny, you're not. And when you're not trying to be funny, you are. You're like the Australia of comedy.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5538
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Flack wrote:Paul, I know you don't and cannot understand this,
I am sick of this. That's a goddamed fucking copout, and worse, you know it. If you can't define it, it means you lack the knowledge to do so and are not qualified to give an opinion.

If you knew that something was wrong, you could simply say what it was. I get really sick of fucking stupid people, who say things they have no basis for their claims, and when called on it, cannot answer as to why they think what they think.

This is why I have my specific nickname for the inmates who infest Caltrops, they proceed to say I have various mental diseases, but when I aslk for evidence - meaning something other than them blowing smoke out of their ass - I get silence. They are worse than I am, they have no original ideas and can only parrot other people's uninformed remarks.
but you are only funny when you aren't trying to be funny. When you try to be funny, you're not. And when you're not trying to be funny, you are. You're like the Australia of comedy.
And this is supposed to mean? I mean, seriously, you and everyone else pull the same cop out. You say I have some problem, and that I'm too stupid or incompetent to understand what it is.

I happen to be a bit smarter than you might think. One time my sister asked me what my IQ was. I said the last time I was tested at about 12 I had verbal of 130 and written of 95, for a total of 115. She said, "I don't believe that, my IQ is 140 and you're much smarter than I am."

If you can't explain it, maybe it's because you're wrong and you know you are. But you don't want to be caught to you claim you can't explain it.

But if I am ever to try and fix this alleged problem you claim I have, if you can't identify it, then how the fuck am I supposed to try to correct the problem?
"Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone/don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde."
-Desmond Dekker, The Israelites

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:01 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Flack wrote:Paul, I know you don't and cannot understand this,
I am sick of this. That's a goddamed fucking copout, and worse, you know it. If you can't define it, it means you lack the knowledge to do so and are not qualified to give an opinion.
No, it means we've all tried to tell you this many times in the past, and you refuse to believe it. LOOK: If 100% of us tell you you have no idea how to be funny, it might actually be true.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21878
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I bought the goddamn Blue Yeti mic. It is supposed to be here TUESDAY which means it won't, which is in the spirit of the show.

The only rule of the show is "be funny" so nobody talked too much because everyone was funny.
Either that means I am not included in "everybody" or it puts paid to your claim that I have never been funny. Which is it, Godfather (Don) Rogers?
You're funny when you are on radio. You're extremely funny, and no, not in a "laughing at you" way. There is SOME of that, but not all. Hell, everyone laughs at me on that show, too.

As stated later in the thread, your attempts to tell jokes on BBSs is lacking, but shit man, you're fucking gold on radio.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:25 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I bought the goddamn Blue Yeti mic. It is supposed to be here TUESDAY which means it won't, which is in the spirit of the show.

The only rule of the show is "be funny" so nobody talked too much because everyone was funny.
Either that means I am not included in "everybody" or it puts paid to your claim that I have never been funny. Which is it, Godfather (Don) Rogers?
You're funny when you are on radio. You're extremely funny, and no, not in a "laughing at you" way. There is SOME of that, but not all. Hell, everyone laughs at me on that show, too.
I was going to disagree, but I will admit that "like walking" was the best line not only of the last show, but of all of the shows put together. And by "all of the shows", I mean every show that's ever been created, in any medium, in the history of the planet.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5538
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:48 am

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
Flack wrote:Paul, I know you don't and cannot understand this,
I am sick of this. That's a goddamed fucking copout, and worse, you know it. If you can't define it, it means you lack the knowledge to do so and are not qualified to give an opinion.
No, it means we've all tried to tell you this many times in the past, and you refuse to believe it. LOOK: If 100% of us tell you you have no idea how to be funny, it might actually be true.
Do not lie to me goddammit, YOU HAVE NEVER TOLD ME WHAT WAS WRONG AND WHY IT IS SO. All you do is proceed to say I have some problem, but you never once said to me WHY you believe I have the problem. Or, if it is capable of mitigation, how to do so.

At one point essentially 100% of the medical community believed people got stomach ulcers from stress and bad diet, when it turned out they're caused by viruses. At one point essentially 100% of the populace believed the world was flat.

To paraphrase H.G. Wells, the entire worldwide population voting nemine contradcente cannot vote to ignore the fundamental laws of the universe, and if they do, they will slam back with violence. The more serious the denial, the more horrendous the payback for ignoring reality.

Just because a large number of people believe something does not necessarily mean they are correct. Especially when asked to explain their reasons why they believe something and do not have an answer.
"Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone/don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde."
-Desmond Dekker, The Israelites

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 8000
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by AArdvark » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:49 am

Why does every thread in this bbs end up as some kind of argument?

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5538
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:52 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I bought the goddamn Blue Yeti mic. It is supposed to be here TUESDAY which means it won't, which is in the spirit of the show.

The only rule of the show is "be funny" so nobody talked too much because everyone was funny.
Either that means I am not included in "everybody" or it puts paid to your claim that I have never been funny. Which is it, Godfather (Don) Rogers?
You're funny when you are on radio. You're extremely funny, and no, not in a "laughing at you" way. There is SOME of that, but not all. Hell, everyone laughs at me on that show, too.

As stated later in the thread, your attempts to tell jokes on BBSs is lacking, but shit man, you're fucking gold on radio.
That may be a personality trait. As far back as when I was 12, my verbal IQ was determined to be about 30% higher than my writen IQ, meaning that what I say off the top of my head probably works better than what I take the time to write. I notice in a number of cases where I've been able to come up with something in my head and say it faster than I can take the time to write it.
"Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone/don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde."
-Desmond Dekker, The Israelites

Post Reply