My Idea

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Flack

My Idea

Post by Flack »

The last Don Rogers show aired over 10 months ago. This is my idea that will bring this great show back and please everyone who participates in the show and everyone who listens to it.

On May 8, 2014, the one year anniversary of the last Don Rogers show, there should be a new show. On this episode, Don Rogers will face off against none other than Paul "The Iron Lung Chef" Robinson in a head to head cook off in which the two of them share their greatest recipes and people call in and vote for which one they like the best. Or something. Maybe there's a contest where both Don and Paul are given random ingredients by callers and they have to come up with recipes on the fly.

We're getting too deep into the details now. Here are the high points:

- The Don Rogers comeback on 5/8/2014
- Paul on the show
- Paul with cookiing material
- A cook off between this site's two greatest cooks. Maybe RetroRomper could judge?

What do you say, guys? LET'S GET DON BACK ON THE AIR!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Flack

Post by Flack »

This has been "Flack saving the forum and Ben's podcast."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I am amusing myself by rewriting the lyrics to "the Great Smoke-off" based on this upcoming radio show!

THE
AARDVARK
SILVERSTEIN

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Flack,

Robb Sherwin, producers of The Don Rogers Show here. Thanks for your letter. I feel that would save the podcast and the site.

Would there be any chance that Don Rogers could become part of the Throwback Network? Actually, another way to say it might be:

What changes would we have to make to be part of the Throwback Network?

We are willing to ELIMINATE:

- Much of the cursing
- The race baiting
- Minorities
- Wait, the third one shows I didn't take the second one seriously

We are willing to ADD:

- A fake sponsor of a throwback game, like Atari, Notch telling everyone what game he cancelled that he technically hadn't started yet or Epyx.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

The Throwback Network is a network of podcasts that talk about retro things. Most of them focus on retro games but one or two focus on retro movies.

Here are the changes that would need to be made:

- everything.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Is Don thinking about coming back to do more shows in any circumstances?

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Im listening to a Don Rogers Show archive as I write this. First time listener. Do you guys have any shows like this still going? I noticed he was inviting people to join in the show via skype. Would be fun to do that with you guys. Never participated in a talk radio show before but I'm very comfortable group chatting on Skype (among other voice chat mediums such as mumble or teamspeak) from my on and off years of mmo involvement.

Oh cool ICJ just called in. Wow I never realized you can skype and drive. Man I'm so behind the times lol.
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?