Don Rogers, 01/31/13

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Don Rogers, 01/31/13

Post by pinback »

http://moltobenny.com/drs/drs013113.mp3

I'll keep saying it's the best one ever until it stops being true.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I would like Nikos to listen to this one and give us his opinions.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

And just a head's up Nikos, when Don Rogers asks for your opinion of the show, it's so that on the next show he can say how worthless your opinion is.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone* listens to one Thursday nights at 7pm west coast.

(*two people)
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Technically, this is Robb Sherwin, producer of the Don Rogers Show asking, not Don. But Nikos has proven time and time again that he does not give two fucks what anyone thinks about him. When other men improved Inform, he improved Hugo. When other men tried to analyze the show, he said everything sucked but he was compelled to listen. Nikos is the omega man of the wasteland that is talk radio.

I do not approve of all the listener-bashing, mind you. But at the same time, we are sort of the underdogs, since two real DJs joined and put us down for 40 minutes! So perhaps people will find it funny that we all got our comeuppance.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

For me, Don's constant disappointment about having no listeners is one of the highlights of the show. Funny stuff. I'm not even sure if it's actually a real fact and the show indeed has virtually no live listeners or you're all just pretending that it doesn't. But it doesn't matter, it's funny either way.

The best moment of this show was Paul's attempt at being funny towards the end (Don: "Anyone got anything they wanna plug?" Paul: "Electric lights?") The joke was so poor, it's hilarious.

This is the stuff I wanna hear; Don just being funny by showing his frustration about having no listeners but otherwise not giving a fuck, and guests who try to have a conversation but Don constantly reminding them how much they suck at this.

Unfortunately, there wasn't enough of it in this show. The major part was taken by the two DJs who had nothing funny to say and was somewhat tiresome.

Btw, the show should probably be treated as a podcast instead. Trying to have a live show while not being on a real radio station isn't gonna work out. Most people listen to radio shows because they just happen to listen to the station it's on. The producer should make sure the show gets listed on all the common sites where people put their podcasts.

That was my opinion, and if opinions are really like assholes, you should not assume that examining it too closely is necessarily beneficial.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Why does this show make me laugh? There's no production, no planned bits and yet it's funny as shit!

Just keep it up, that's all I ask.

THE
STILL ROLLING
AARDVARK