The music on the 06/09/12 show

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

RealNC

The music on the 06/09/12 show

Post by RealNC »

At the end of the 06/09/12 show (the one where Don hung up on Paul), Don played a metal song at the end. Please, someone tell me the name of it. It was so freaking good, it left me staring at my media player's window like an idiot for 5 minutes after it already ended.

pinback

Post by pinback »

That is "Rosetta Stoned" by Tool, also known as "the greatest song of all time".
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Thanks, man. I listen to a lot of metal, but never looked into Tool. And I do mean never. And I've no idea why, really.

Time to change that. Like, right now.

pinback

Post by pinback »

RealNC wrote:Thanks, man. I listen to a lot of metal, but never looked into Tool. And I do mean never. And I've no idea why, really.

Time to change that. Like, right now.
Yes. I am TOOL EXPERT, so if you need any help navigating the wild, wonderful world of TOOL, I'm here for you.

Like, right off the bat I'd suggesting skipping the earlier albums, Opiate and Undertow, and heading straight for the later albums, Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days.

That's just me, though. 10,000 Days contains the aforementioned best song of all time, and Aenima is likely the greatest rock album in history by a factor of ten million, so yeah. Can't go wrong there.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Still can't believe how damn good that song is. It's up there with Dream Theater's "A Change of Seasons."

Looks like something good came out of that show after all. <grin>